Am I Normal?

• Am I Normal?

My problem:
      I have great friends, good grades, and a decent family life but I still feel so lost. My parents and teachers put so much pressure on me about getting top grades and I'm terrified at the prospect of disappointing them.
      I know that I shouldn't feel depressed when I have no reason, but I can't help it. Is this normal? Does anyone else feel this way?
    • Re: Am I Normal?

Don't worry, hun. Fear of failure is perfectly normal. Just keep your head up and always remember that a failure not the end, but just another lesson to learn to step closer to success.

If you ever feel depressed for no reason, meet up with some friends and family. I know it helps me when I feel like that, I just hope it helps you!

Best of luck hun!

Lots of love,
      Lissa xx

I know this too. As much as my mother seems disappointed when I only an average grade or even a quite good one. But pressure can be a good thing, it gives motivation to keep working.
      Don't worry, they got used to seeing you having good graves and so you're expected to keep having good grades but I don't think you'll really disappoint them even if you get bad ones. They ought to enjoy seeing that you work, what could they ask more?
      I think you should tell them you don't like the fact they put so much pressure on you, they'll certainly understand.

heather90 wrote:

My problem:
      I have great friends, good grades, and a decent family life but I still feel so lost. My parents and teachers put so much pressure on me about getting top grades and I'm terrified at the prospect of disappointing them.
      I know that I shouldn't feel depressed when I have no reason, but I can't help it. Is this normal? Does anyone else feel this way?

I have the same problem

I know that I shouldn't feel depressed when I have no reason

I think these pressures are enough reasons for depression, but you should struggle against these feelings

I was depressed last year, and I had to take anti-depressants

That was so bad