Advice please? I just want to go back to schol

• Advice please? I just want to go back to schol

Hey wassup guys, New to the forum, here because I'm feeling really depressed and in need of help right and stumbled a crossed this site now. So heres my story,

I'm 17 years old, I'm a fob(fresh off the boat) that came from China at the age of 6. My parents came to this country (NYC to be exact) in search of a better life but being an immigrant and not knowing english stop her from the opportunities this great country has to offer. So she was forced to work low paying jobs like working in a garment factory that till this day she still works there the pay is about 200$ a week. My dad works in another garment factory and also gets paid about 200 a week. When i was 13 i was living the life of regular 17 and 18 year olds, ever since i was young i did not get much and was still very appreciated because of the values my parents instilled in me. At the age of 13 i started cutting school, smoking, getting into fights, and doing kiddie things. That lasted till i was about 14. When i was 15 i met some older guys that belonged in the triads and stopped going to school to do their dirty work selling drugs, carrying a gun to protect triad turf, basically an triad enforcer and just making money. That all stopped after i took a police baton and beat down some black dude because he was picking on my cousin. I got arrested and spent most of my sweet 16 in juvenile hall. I came out half a year ago and went back to school, trying to change my life around. a couple days ago i noticed I'm not passing school, and I'm going to be an 18 year old freshman. I really really wanna finish high school but right now it seems impossible to do and i don't want to go to an community college nor a GED.

So any help is appreciated.. So Thanks in advance
    • Re: Advice please? I just want to go back to schol

$200 a week? Is that even possible for an American working full-time? I am a full-time student working part-time, and I make more than that.

Anyway, I wouldn't turn your nose up at a GED so quickly. Having done some tutoring for students enrolled in a GED program, I have seen the difference it can make for a troubled student. The courses take place during a much shorter semester, are much more concise, and consume less time. Also, being in a college environment takes you away from all the silly little high school cliches that are distracting.

If you can afford it, I would seriously consider it. A majority of students I have tutored learned twice as fast in GED than they did in public high school. If education is your main concern, it is a fantastic alternative.