That Guy That I'm Dating

• That Guy That I'm Dating

OK the guy I'm dating... I love him, yes. He loves me. We've been through hell and high water, with cheating and endless fights but in the end we came back to each other.

The only problems are....

1) my big brother hates his guts; so do a number of my friends/family, the ones I care about; he can't come over to my house and NOONE in my family or one group of my friends can ever know we are dating because I don't feel like handling the bullshit.

2) I'm a 'flirt' apparently because I hug my male friends and joke around A LOT, but I'm just joking, and he's getting jealous. He got pissed 'cause I fell on one of my friends who I've had for three years who is more like a cousin to me than anything.

3) today he told me that if I stop being friends with a mutual friend of ours because he's pissing me off then he's going to break up with me and not talk to me again. This isn't the first time he's said he'd do that over something that really was my choice and one more time and I'm breaking up with him.

4) apparently he said something to my bestest friend about breaking up with me but she can't remember what it was. So yeah.
    • Re: That Guy That I'm Dating

Okay, well this guy sounds like an asshole but its probably just as much you, since we're only hearing your side of the story.
      And as much as I know you wont take this advice sometimes the cheating and fights really aren't worth it.
      But anyway I'll just let everyone else deal with the rest of your problems since
      I would probably be little help.

Ciao.
      If you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please', I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'.

The whole thing is he's NOT an asshole most of the time. He's just overly possessive at times and it's really starting to get to me.

He wasn't always possessive, either. He's changed over the last two or three months.

I've been the one doing the cheating and most of the fighting though, so I can't really make him sound TOO bad. The whole thing is that even through all this we still love each other.

I don't want to break up with him. I don't want to lose him. I want to fix this before it gets any worse.

But all my attempts to fix shit always just leaves either me or someone else more broken than they were to begin with. -.-

No offence but this guy sounds like a dick.

No guy should order you around and tell you what to do with your life. I know that at the time you feel you will do anything for them because you love him. But he can't control your life.

I would ditch his sorry ass. If some of your friends and family don't like him then that should be a warning sign.

He is black-mailing you and saying that you must ditch your friends for him. DON'T EVER DO IT!!! IF you break up you would have lost your friends and have only your family left.

Honestly. I would ditch his sorry ass and find someone that can like you and your friends - hugging male friends is not flirting, it's called friendly - for who you all are and not get jealous because they trust you.

That's my advice hunny. Up to you now.
      Life is the one thing we are in control of.
      We can either let the bad times get us down
      Or we can concentrate on the good - even when we feel that there isn't any.

Penguin... wrote:

Honestly. I would ditch his sorry ass and find someone that can like you and your friends - hugging male friends is not flirting, it's called friendly - for who you all are and not get jealous because they trust you.

That's my advice hunny. Up to you now.

Well to guys, when their female friends hug them, its flirting.
      So he's not completely in the wrong there.
      If you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please', I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'.

NOOOOOOOOOOO he's basically forcing me to STAY friends with someone -.-

I'm flat out telling him today that both me and my best friend will never speak to him again if he tries that tactic one more time.

Plus a) my grandmother not liking him is SORT of a sign, I trust her judgement mostly and this IS this guy's last chance, b) my friends not liking him is kind of my fault and hard to explain and c) he's overly paranoid from the fact that I cheated on him twice and this other ex of his cheated on him but I'm basically thinking of telling thim this tomorrow:

1-Stop being so paranoid and jealous and get over it. I'm not cheating and it's not like I'm lying on top of the guy. THEN you can have a problem.

2-Never try that 'if you do this/don't do this I'll never speak to you again' tack or I will go 'OKAY buh-bye' and

3-Guys who think that are dumb. Besides, flirting a LITTLE isn't a big deal and the ONLY ONE who thinks it's flirting is my BF -.-

Diannaskye wrote:

3-Guys who think that are dumb. Besides, flirting a LITTLE isn't a big deal and the ONLY ONE who thinks it's flirting is my BF -.-

Yeah they are.
      Yes it is.
      And thats what you think.

But if you really want to stay together then the fightings going to kill you.
      You might just have to give up.

We can't really put thorough judgement upon your situation because we don't know you or your boyfriend but by what you say, he seems to have quite a possessive personallity, threatening to break up with you means he is not as dedicated as you are, and i think that if don't want to cause anymore trouble then leave him but if you want to stick with him, then you can't only talk to him, you have to discuss it with your familly and everyone come together otherwise more fights will start and then someone will get hurt which will never heal.

So i say talk to him first, calm him down, and then explain to him all this and then start talking with your familly. If he threatens to break up with you again then I would definitely leave him, because then it will show how dependant he is on you rather than you being dependant on him, giving you the power in the relationship and with this power you will be able to sort things out for everyone.

I hope at the end of this problem you find happiness,

Edd

well, if you really want to be with him then stop, what he thinks is flirting, with other guys. Which i think is kind of true because to a guy you have to look in a different perspective, they think that when they are with a girl they are the one forever and etc, they already feel to jump into a relationship. Whilst girls tend to spend longer over a person to decide whether they would like to be in a relationship with him. Ofcourse im a boy so thats just how i see it.

Edd

Haha, this topic is really funny to me. You cheated on him, TWICE, and hes a bit untrusting of you when you hug other guys? Oh mi gawds why would he be lyke daT?:rolleyes: You cheated, so YOU are the one who should have to work at gaining back his trust, including not hugging other dudes infront of him. To be honest, you're lucky he didn't dump your ass, especially the second time. I would have.

unSure wrote:

Haha, this topic is really funny to me. You cheated on him, TWICE, and hes a bit untrusting of you when you hug other guys? Oh mi gawds why would he be lyke daT?:rolleyes: You cheated, so YOU are the one who should have to work at gaining back his trust, including not hugging other dudes infront of him. To be honest, you're lucky he didn't dump your ass, especially the second time. I would have.
      Wait, she's the one that cheated? I assumed he did, but then, I only read the first post.

Uh yeah, he's better off without you if you cheated twice, and obviously you don't really love him like you say you do.