Should I move school for my senior year?

• Should I move school for my senior year?

So I got this really big indecision right now, I hope you can give some advices, opinions etc.

I'm 16 and on my junior year in high school. My current school is private, religious and relatively little. The thing is, I dont find myself in it. I hate how I have to dress for this school (they strict about it), hate people's opinions - racist and old-fashioned, hate the fact I only learn for the final exams and not getting pure education.

But I have an opportunity for another future. I was diagnosed as a gifted person in national IQ exams and was featured in a enrichment program on a weekly basis for gifted kids. After finishing the program, a brand new class was opened in a highschool in my city - just for the gifted kids (now teens) of the close area. Since my family is somewhat religious, it was obvious to me I can not take part in this special class (which means daily basis not weekly like before) and quit my religious school. Almost 2 years have passed since then and now I regret. I finally found the courage to come up to my parents with that issue and to my surprise they consider it seriously. Another good thing was that the highschool's principal and the gifted class home room teacher agreed for me to join it (in my senior year!).

I am facing 3 different disadvantages considering moving into this gifted-class:
      1. Religion - I would not be able to wear what other wear at school because my family is religious and I must respect it (I am also underage for now and is living in my parents' house)
      2. Educational - I have 2 subject which I already took most of the final exams in, but in the religious form, so if i move to the non religious highschool I will have to do them from the beginning - which is not totally bad because I can improve my grades and will get credit for the final exams I have already done probably. Plus, I have to maneuver in some other subjects which I havent learned or learned partly. Extra time in completing everything, extra stress.
      3. Social - I do know 70% of the class' students but still, a move to this school means for me a lot of new people, unkown society standards, I will actually learn with boys in the class, which I havent for almsot 5 years.

And the advantages will follow:
      1. Religion - I will have greater freedom, could wear compfy clothes and not being watched everything I do by my teachers.
      2. Educational - I will enjoy many debates and extra activities that will hopefully bring me to who I used to be 2 years ago (when I took part in the weekly enrichment program for gifted kids), I will not have to learn annoying religious stuff.
      3. Social - I will meet boys everyday. I will meet my old friends whom I can share views and opinions with, even a normal conversation and not feel too much "smartie" like I feel and get commented in my current school. I will have more opportunities to meet non religious people and open to the world. (I have to highlight the fact, that my current school offers me nothing in education I need, and it is very depressing considering the fact I know I can be somewhere else and get all those enrichments and so on)

Thanks for reading the whole thing.:wink:

I truly need your voice here

What do you think about my situation? What would you do if you were me?