Trouble with a Breakup

• Trouble with a Breakup

This girl...my best friend...I've shared everything with her. I dated her. I've known her for over six years. The girl is a bit...boy crazy...

anyway...

Beginning this weekend I got a bad virus.

I am getting sick in front of my toilet...and the phone rings. My brother answers the phone and hands it to me, saying its my girlfriend. I answer and was ready to tell her I have to get off quick before I throw up again and then she says she wants to be just friends again and is basically dumping me while I'm barfing.

Then she says something that leads me to believe she's lying and goes, "I change my mind. I love you still and want to be with you."

I am livid at this point - I can take a breakup, but I don't think that the best place to break up with someone(especially their best friend) is when their boyfriend has their head in a toilet!

I tell her that she can't change her mind on a whim - like me one moment and dump me the next. That's not how it works. I had been hurt from her about a month and a half ago too when she told me she liked my best friend(who thinks she's a trailer trash idiot...she's not exactly the most liked girl in school) and was thinking of dumping me. She calls back later after I come out of band practice and says she didn't know what she was thinking...and then she says she was joking(but my friend told me she called him that afternoon while he was in a drive thru and told him what she told me).

So I am so upset at her I hang up on her eventually. She calls back several times and I'm still throwing up at this point so my brother answers and I tell him to tell her not to call anymore.

Then he goes off for about 10 minutes and after I clean up, I walk in on him saying, "Well, I guess he showed his true colors, huh?"

She told him I broke up with her and got him to turn his back against his own blood and he starts cursing me out and yelling at me!

I take the phone and she's crying on the phone and hang up again. She doesn't call back.

Then my parents and my brother are at a verbal war all day while I'm in my bed trying to sweat out a 103* temp.

So the rest of the weekend along with the virus I have, I also have to deal with the awful way I was treated by my "best friend/ex girlfriend".

She wrote me messages on myspace and called whenever she had a break the next day to apoligize constantly. She also wanted to know if our prom plans we had were still on(we're seniors - and our plan even before dating was if we couldn't find anyone to go with that we would go with each other).

I was(and still am)hurt, so of course I gave her a hell no. She said she deserved that. I told her I got a lot of e-mail from my friends about what you did and some offered to kick her butt. She said that she deserved it and apoligized again.

Being the hardheaded person I am, I said that if you hadn't done it in the first place then you wouldn't get your butt kicked or have to apoligize.

Then, being the nosy little #($*@ she is, she asks if I'm still going to prom.

I told her that simply because you changed our plans doesn't mean I'm gonna feel sorry for myself and sit around on prom night.

She then asked who I was going to ask or go with...and I quite frankly told her it was none of her dang business!(sorry, I'm not sure how this board is with language).

She then tells me of this college boy she knew from work. They flirt all the time at work she says but said that they "didn't mean anything" until he came out and told her that he liked her. Then he went over to visit her family while I was at work for two saturdays and she said he tried to get frisky but she shooed him off(allegedly).

You know...my parents told me earlier that their first impression of her was, "I wonder how many times that horse has been ridden, if you know what I mean?"

With that, I think they're right.

I don't WANT to feel bad...I don't want to be mad as hell at her...

but I am.

If anything I want to go to prom with her and forget this ever happened.

But I know it won't happen. For one, I'm way to stubborn to ask her. I'm so deathly afraid of being hurt again, for two...

I don't know what to do. She says she still wants to be my friend, but I really don't want to be. No friend would treat the other like she treated me. She's too boy crazy - she changes her crushes on a whim.

Hell I wouldn't be surprised if she wants me back by the time prom or graduation rolls around(and yes...with me being her former best friend, she's told me of her MANY...MANY...crushes. I have done the same, so I know her mind.)

So I come to this thread for advice. It's helped once before and I come to it in a time of need again.
    • Re: Trouble with a Breakup

honestly, i think you should leave her be. she's done all this to you... and none of it was your fault. you deserve better. if she wants to be friends.. well, after all this, i think it should take some time. i don't think a "sorry" will work this time. talk to her when you're not as mad at her. sort things out. it'll be hard to be friends again after dating, but if you both try, i think it can work. i hope everything turns out fine.

Don't go to the prom with her...she was very very nasty to you and seems very conniving and backstabbing.

You seem to be a very nice guy and I don't think you should even CONSIDER taking her because you will just be giving her what she wants!

To be quite honest she would only be going with you to the prom so that she wasn't a loner and so that she could get laid by some random guy at the end of the night....

End of...

she doesnt deserve all that things that u have done for her.
      obviously, this girl has only caused bad things to u
      so i dont think that u should forgive her
      and of course dont ask her to go to the prom
      i m sure u can find another girl to go, but even if u dont, dont go with her,
      it will be totally wrong..
      she has showed her real face to many times and u shouldnt trust her again
      i think u deserve much more than her, so dont give her another chance..
      [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]butterfly_sophie :eek: :rolleyes:[/COLOR]