A Freshman's Cry for Help!

• A Freshman's Cry for Help!

Hey guys, I've gotta a little prob and I was wondering if you could offer me some advice.
      Now I'm in Grade 9, starting out at a new High School for the IB program.
      (It's basically a big Enhanced program)
      I'm finding High School great, I've got tons of other IB/nerd friends and since we all know were study freaks at heart, we get along great.
      *We're always at class 10 minutes before we need to XD
      But now I've seen this girl and...I don't know
      I can't keep my eyes of her.
      I mean, shes definitly not the prettiest (But definitly NOT the ugliest) girl in my grade but something about her just makes me like her.
      So ya, guess I have a crush.
      But...What now?
      She isn't in any of my classes and I don't even know if she's in IB.
      All I know is that she talks to my friends (who are girls) during gym and where her locker is and that I have lunsch with her (She seems kinda shy).
      I was thinking a note in her locker,
      A witty and clever way of saying:
      "I think I might like you,
      Your beautiful and I'd love to get to know you,
      Just I don't have the balls to ask you in person."
      Any help?
      Thanks, IceAce
    • Re: A Freshman's Cry for Help!

I'd advise against the note in locker thing, probably not the smoothest move.
      Maybe you could try to talk to her through a friend, you said she talks to your friends who happen to be chicks? If you are comfortable enough with any of them try to ask them to help you out, maybe put you in good word and try to see where you stand with the girl you like.
      And the not being able to ask her in person, I think if you just think it through and try to bring up the courage to start up a convo the worst that can happen is you get rejected. It sucks but it's just some girl, theres plenty others out there.

IceAce1357 wrote:

But now I've seen this girl and...I don't know
      I can't keep my eyes of her.
      I mean, shes definitly not the prettiest (But definitly NOT the ugliest) girl in my grade but something about her just makes me like her.
      So ya, guess I have a crush.
      But...What now?
      She isn't in any of my classes and I don't even know if she's in IB.
      All I know is that she talks to my friends (who are girls) during gym and where her locker is and that I have lunsch with her (She seems kinda shy).
      I was thinking a note in her locker,
      A witty and clever way of saying:
      "I think I might like you,
      Your beautiful and I'd love to get to know you,
      Just I don't have the balls to ask you in person."

Any help?
      Thanks, IceAce

Hey there IceAge!

I don't think saying that you "don't have the balls to ask her in person" is a great way to go about to actually talking to her. However, the rest of the note is a good idea except that you probably don't want to be straight-forward in telling her that you like her, that might scare her away. Just be like "Hey, I've seen you around before and I was wondering if we can get to know each other if you'd want to." Something that's not too straight-forward, but still friendly.

Plus, you should have confidence in yourself. If you gave her a note saying that you like this girl and that you don't have the guts to talk to her, then that's sending out the wrong message of who you are. Walk up to her and give her a smile, and tell her that you are interested in getting to know her better. Be jubilant, happy, and show her that you're a person who likes to make good times :D

Hope this helped!
      Support Leader,

armyforthebroken
      [CENTER]You bitches are beautiful. :hugs:[/CENTER]

The thing is I'm kinda afraid of scaring her off by just walking up to her and asking.
      I mean, I'd be a little alarmed at first if someone spontaneously starting talking to me and then asked me out.
      The asking or breaking the ice through a friend was my other option...
      Plus I wanna make sure her personality is solid and she'll be a good friend.
      I'm not making another mistake of getting into a relationship with a girl I can't stand after a week.

IceAce1357 wrote:

The thing is I'm kinda afraid of scaring her off by just walking up to her and asking.
      I mean, I'd be a little alarmed at first if someone spontaneously starting talking to me and then asked me out.
      The asking or breaking the ice through a friend was my other option...
      Plus I wanna make sure her personality is solid and she'll be a good friend.
      I'm not making another mistake of getting into a relationship with a girl I can't stand after a week.

Lol, I'm not saying you should ask her out immediately right at the spot. However, you should just try to talk to her by gradually hanging out with her friends and see if she notices you in any way. When she does, ask her if she'd like to hang out with you sometime... as FRIENDS first. Talk to her and get to know what she's like :D

IceAce1357 wrote:

Oh and I wasn't literilly gonna put in the not having balls part :P
      lol I shoulda emphasised the "Witty and Clever way of saying"

Lol, no, I get what you mean.

IceAce1357 wrote:

I would love to tell her how I feel,
      It's just that I don't quite know yet.
      I need to get to know her before I determine whether or not I really like her.

So as I was saying before: don't ask her out RIGHT when you talk to her, because that will put her off. You should try and hang out with her and her friends (if you know them) and from that - you'll get a better feel on what her personality is like and who she is as an overall person... of course assuming she won't be shy when you're around her.

Support Leader,

armyforthebroken
      [CENTER]You bitches are beautiful. :hugs:[/CENTER]

DO NOT.. I REPEAT DO NOT leave a note in the locker.. you cannot do anything worse... trying talking to her instead.. ask your firneds about her.. find out what see likes... if she likes pizza.. ask her to go grab a bite with you.. whatever it is.. dont FREK OUT !!! worst thing you can do is Freak Out... Just chill be urself.. and she will digg you

Have Fun Bro

ooohhh, IB, you're in for a rough time.

as for the note.. haha sorry it just seems to be jsut an "IB" way of doing things. haha sorry they had it in my school too and it just seems like something thing one of those guys would do. Id say just go up to your friends while shes chatting with them and introduve yourself. start tagging along for lunch or invite her to go with you guys. eventually you'll start saying hi in the halls, and then you're good to ask her cell or whatever so you can text her... keep it up and soon enough you'll be close enough with her to ask out!

a girl i liked was in the IB program, she was sooo smart, she began to flirt with guys and at slutty, now she got kicked out of the program and sent to my school, where she flirts with guys all day, represses her problems, and acts like an immature slut.

Make sure this girl is worth your while, she can either be the best thing you experience or the worst. Get to know her before you chase after her.