Chicks before dicks?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Chicks before dicks?

Me and my friend had plans to go out tonight, but she cancelled on me at the last minute because she was going on a date with some guy off the internet.

She only told me about it because I asked if she still wanted to go out with me. I was mad at her for not letting me know, and also for ditching me for some guy.

She has never had a boyfriend before so she's pretty desperate to find someone.

Was it wrong to be mad at her ditching me for the guy?
    • Re: Chicks before dicks?

Haha for a moment I thought this was the other way round, a guy supporting the fact to ditch their friends for chicks instead of catering for their dicks.

Depends on the situation imo, think about it. Is she the kinda gal that can easily get a guy, or is she a girl that hardly ever goes out with any guys or none at all?

Ie., are you greatful for your friend that she found a member of an opposite sex possibly not just wanting to be friends, maybe due to various reasons, she is not very attractive or has a shy personality. Or does she do this frequently and this meetup just happened to coincide all of a sudden, whereby she chose the guy over you.

Just think about it, you know your friend better than us, try and decide yourself using your judgment.

Ok if it were me, and it was last minute where I had gotten ready, all spruced up ready to get out the house, yes I would be pissed initially. If it my mate had happened to go out with the girl of his dreams, this girl he has been chasing for a while, or some such like that, yes as it was last minute I would still be mildly pissed, but I'd be consoled by the fact at least hes going out with that suppossedly great girl. Besides I'd probably just use this situation with me being ready to go out somewhere else, maybe with a family member or another friend, I know situations vary from people to people, but anyway use your judgment.

You have every reason to be annoyed with your friend, who ditches thier girl for some internet guy?

Could she not have told you without you having to ask if she was still coming with you, also?

Focusing on something else, you really should talk to her about meeting people from the internet because although alot of people are genuine there are people who aren't aswell, and I'm sure you wouldn't want your friend to get into trouble.

You should not feel bad for being annoyed with her. Your own feelings can never be wrong, since whatever happens affects people differently. If I were to say that you're overreacting, that would be because I wouldn't react that way, but who am I to tell you how to react? Your reactions are part of who you are and how you see things.

I would just talk to her about that, and since it seems that you're mostly upset because she didn't want to tell you why at first, I'd try to talk to her about that and ask why she felt that she couldn't tell you about it in the first place. Just talk to her about it, without blaming her and without being upset. If you can't do it now, just give yourself some time to cool down enough to do so.

Good luck.
      [SIZE="1"]"You miss 100% of the shots you never take."
      - Wayne Gretzky[/SIZE]

kimrox88 wrote:

Me and my friend had plans to go out tonight, but she cancelled on me at the last minute because she was going on a date with some guy off the internet.

She only told me about it because I asked if she still wanted to go out with me. I was mad at her for not letting me know, and also for ditching me for some guy.

She has never had a boyfriend before so she's pretty desperate to find someone.

Was it wrong to be mad at her ditching me for the guy?

Hey,

I think you had every right to be annoyed with her. For one, she went on a date with "some guy" off the internet instead of going along with you're plans. And two, she had no plan to even let you know? That's wrong. And highly unfair, don't you think?

It's not wrong of you to be mad, you have genuine reasons to be mad at her. Let her know what she did was wrong, be honest. Remember; you have nothing to apologise for. You know that, right?

Support Leader,

SimpleGirl*

You have a right to be mad at her, but do you think she forgot?
      Did you talk to her about it or anything. Sometimes if a girl has never had the taste of puppy love she is intensely infatuated with it and lets down her friends.
      You should confront her about it, and tell her she will lose you if she continues to do things just like she did before.
      JPM&&SLU

Most Vicious Pitbull wrote:

Real friends understand and don't cry about one lousy hangout night.

This is what I've been thinking as well. I mean, why is everyone acting as this is a huge betrayal? I mean, sure... the right of being upset is there, but more because she tried to hide the reason than the act itself in my opinion.
      [SIZE="1"]"You miss 100% of the shots you never take."
      - Wayne Gretzky[/SIZE]

Tiny wrote:

This is what I've been thinking as well. I mean, why is everyone acting as this is a huge betrayal? I mean, sure... the right of being upset is there, but more because she tried to hide the reason than the act itself in my opinion.

I agree as well.

I do feel that your friend went about this in the wrong manner, and with any good friendship honesty is important. If your friend does not feel comfortable talking to you about these things, especially if those things cause her to change plans on you last minute, then there is a serious issue with your friendship.

Talking to her and telling her that it hurt you that she was trying to hide something from you seems like a good way to go. Getting angry at her for making the choice to hang out with this guy sounds like it wouldn't help, as it may lead to her hide EVEN MORE things from you, since she wouldn't want to make you angry. It's all about being open and understanding. Telling her that you do want her to be happy, even if that means she is spending time with a guy over spending time with you (I have done this, many of my friends have done this, there is nothing wrong with taking some time away from your friends for romance, no matter how many people scream otherwise), but it is unfair for her to leave you hanging, as you could have made other plans and you BOTH could have had fun that night.