Ugh! Advice, please?

• Ugh! Advice, please?

Okay, I'll make this quick, because I think my mom's coming.

--

My boyfriend and I have a long-distance relationship (I live in Washington state, he's in Tennessee), but we went to the same school last year.

We started dating a while ago, and I really, really like him. He likes me back.

Sometimes at the end of our IM conversations or just messages, when one of us has to get off, he'll write, "Love ya!"

I didn't know how to respond to this for a while, and tonight I typed, "Love you." in the IM box just for the heck of it, after he'd logged off.

A part of me wanted to click send, and another part of me didn't.

I ended up not doing it, and I became mad with myself, because I like him so much.

Advice, please?
      How can I feel better about myself and not be so frustrated with this part of our relationship?

-Kenna
      [COLOR="Silver"][FONT="Arial Narrow"][SIZE="2"]Back me down from backing up
      Hold your breath, now, it's s t a c k i n g up!
      Etched with marks, but I can deal
      And you're the p r o b l e m, and you can't feel.[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]
    • Re: Ugh! Advice, please?

Well, don't let yourself get pressured... When i first dated my boyfriend, i didn't love him madly though i liked him so much... he started saying "i love you" even when i was not ready to tell him... give yourself the time you need.. it's only after about one month that i told him that i loved him for the first time.
    • Re: Ugh! Advice, please?

I think your emotions are sending you mixed feelings. Don't get pressured into saying I love you just because he says it. And it shouldn't make him feel bad if you don't say it either. Sometimes Ty the guy I love says I love you and signs out before I even get a chance to say it back. But I know he knows that I love him anyway. Feel comfortable with yourself before you say it or you might regret it even if it is what you are feeling on the inside. You don't want to rush into anything to fast. Trust me, it never works. Take time to really think about it. I never thought about it before I said it because I knew it was what I wanted to say and afterwards I felt amazed by saying those three words to the one person that means a lot to me. Anyway, feel free to PM about anything.