Oblivion

• Re: Oblivion

Im a level 5 Imperial Crusader

At the beginning I found it extremely hard to kill things in the oblivion gate
      Then I realized you can change to difficult to easy in the in-game settings and kill everythign in 1-2 hits

Makes you feel like god

The only retarded thing is after about 4-5 times you sleep, you get bitten by a vampire and then the sun starts to kill you...making quests really annoying

Aannddyy wrote:

Doesn't look very good if you ask me. I've saw better.

Have you played it?

I can sort of understand why people might think it's boring though. But I can't see how you would find it boring if you're a fan of Morrowind? Especially if you have the game of the year edition.
      There is so much to do aside from the main quest...

Dark Brotherhood
      Fighters Guild
      Mages Guild
      Thieves Guild (personal favorite)
      Miscellaneous quests (always fun)
      Daedric Quests
      Plus so many caves, fortresses and Aylied Ruins to explore

And then if you get the Game of the Year edition you have
      New property (which are really cool, particularly Frostcrag Spire)
      Knights of the Nine quest
      SHIVERING ISLES which could pretty much be it's own game.

So much you can do in Oblivion.
      i don't sleep

Aannddyy wrote:

No I haven't but I've saw and read a lot of stuff about it and also a few of my mates play it.

It's definitely not something I would want to play, for starters, I don't play RPG's that aren't online.

If you don't like RPGs that aren't online then yaeh... probably wouldn't be a fan but having friends that play a game and seeing and reading about it are very different from playing it. Especially since Oblivion is such an evolved and personal game (in a lesser way than Fable)
      i don't sleep

I used to play oblivion incessantly I played my mystic elf (modded race by ren) archer/rogue the most always fun one shotting baddies from insanely far distances in sneak or just using my chameleon gear (enchantments adding up to 100% invis with full set) and just stabbing people in the back/taking whatever I want
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      Billy daddy loves you but if you get bitten by a zombie I'll have to shoot you in the face

Ahhh... A Kajiht you'd be a pretty great thief/acrobat!
      Blade-weiling catperson is frightful :D

you seem to really know your stuff :P i havnt played computer games in awhile but i think my brother owns it. maybe i should try it?
      [CENTER]Fav Thread: teenhut.net/16-section/8997-po…-you-want-masturbate.html[/CENTER]
      [CENTER][/CENTER]
      [RIGHT][SIZE=5]In Love =)[/SIZE][/RIGHT]

FrozenLust wrote:

you seem to really know your stuff :P i havnt played computer games in awhile but i think my brother owns it. maybe i should try it?

:( I know an unhealthy amount about this game. I have read a great deal of the books that are inside the game (all are pretty short) and could probably recite "The Lusty Argonian Maid" (obviously for it's humor)

I really love Oblivion and the world that it creates and I am very excited for the next Elder Scrolls game. If you know anything about the land that it takes place in (Oblivion is only Cyrodill but the series takes place on Tamriel)
      Tamriel is split up into provinces, four games have been let out, I don't know much about the first two but I would imagine they took up two of the provinces?
      Elder Scrolls III took place on the province of Morrowind (a very interesting place, but not my favorite province) and Oblivion, as I said, takes place on Cyrodill.

Oblivion is a really interesting game but Cyrodill is probably the least interesting of all the provinces. After man took over the Imperial Throne (dates back to Alessia, Queen of the Slaves) Cyrodill became of the seat of the country (Imperial City)
      It's sort of a melting pot, it's very tamed and doesn't have much a culture of it's own but moreso a borrowed culture from the provinces that surround it

I think if they had picked another province it would have been better :( but next game will come out around 2010! Hopefully they will pick Skyrim (Land of the Nords) or High Rock (my personal favorite, where the Bretons live) but some people are thinking that it will be Sumerset Isle (High Elves) which would be interesting but the plot is a bit predictable because of the troubles that province has already had with that man who I cannot... :( he rules a land filled with Elves very similar to High Elves... thought to have broken off a very long time ago.

I had a point in writing that but I don't remember what I was getting at. I suppose I was just trying to point out the complexity of Oblivion (/The Elder Scrolls)? I don't know.

You should play it.
      i don't sleep