Loads of People Treat 13 Year Olds Like Idiots

• Loads of People Treat 13 Year Olds Like Idiots

I find it quite irritating.. Yes, you have you fair share of 'idiots' or less mature 13 year olds, but you also have your share of smart and mature 13 year olds.. Like you did with every age. Some 13 year olds could be more mature then 18 year olds.

I find it irritating when people meet me they treat me like I don't know anything. I'm considered quite mature and if someone asks a question and I answer it, they immediately disregard it no matter if it was right or wrong just because I'm considered a 'child'. I'm not saying I'm not a child, I'm simply saying don't base my intelligence on the numbers from my birth certificate.

I may not know as much as you about this world, but I'm not completely stupid. It's like, we were put here so that people could make us feel completely inferior and stupid. No-one will ever want to learn if that's what we have to learn with.

Just had to get that out. Thanks for reading =D
      [CENTER] [/CENTER]
      [CENTER][/CENTER]
      [CENTER]~follow your dreams, dream for success~[/CENTER]
    • Re: Loads of People Treat 13 Year Olds Like Idiots

Because being mature for a 13 year old doesn't make you mature. :rolleyes:

I always thought i was mature, (and for my age i suppose i was and still am) i got so annoyed when people didn't take me seriously so i know how you feel, but i've learnt and matured so much in the 4 years since, it's quite shocking really.
      [CENTER][SIZE=2][/SIZE] [/CENTER]

x-mercedes-x: I know what you mean but you have to admit just because of my age I shouldn't be stopped to talk freely. It happens in real life and on forums, people my age can't answer questions or join in discussions because 'they're not old enough' or 'wouldn't understand'. And I'm not talking about sex discussions and stuff, it could be anything.

But, yeah, I know what you mean and I know I've still got a lot of maturing to do. What also gets on my nerves is the fact I've always wanted to be an actress (in my local theatre) and my nan fully supports me. She's paying for an acting school for Christmas for me but yet my parents are not supporting me at all, they don't even seem to care. I try and talk to my mum about stuff and she ignores me..

Sorry about the whole ranting thing, just need to get a few bits and bobs out! =D
      [CENTER] [/CENTER]
      [CENTER][/CENTER]

Jaysal: that's not the point, I don't want to have to hide my age. If someone believes I'm 16 because of how I act and treats me as an equal, okay. But if as soon as they find out I'm 13 they stop talking to me, it's not exactly fair.

I'm not sure if that made sense ^^
      [CENTER] [/CENTER]
      [CENTER][/CENTER]

Yerr, it does get annoying, especially when you do know what you're on about but they won't listen because of your age. And at least you have someone supporting you, even if you haven't got your parents which must be hard, they'll come round, at least you know you're not on your own and someone wants for you what you want (does that even make sense?)
      [CENTER][SIZE=2][/SIZE] [/CENTER]

I understood it, so yes. I'm glad to know someone agrees with me, and I guess they'll come round. I've been hinting at stuff with them, like when we drive past the theatre I just say stuff like "I actually can't wait to go there" because I mean it =D
      [CENTER] [/CENTER]
      [CENTER][/CENTER]

maybe older cats are quicker to judge because you, a 13 year old wouldn't have the
      life experiance to back most answers up. I'm not saying you're not mature
      but saying people won't take your advice over others because of
      your lack of experiance. parents won't listen because they seen the world already
      the grimy shity world you have to exprience when your older because you can't possibly understand the great comedy of life yet.

people dont expect you to know just to have a notion. most of the people are
      ego centric and pompous mother fuckers but w/e. As long as you ant slinging bullshit
      true people will listen.
      "Something to relieve the pressures of their everyday life, like having to tie their shoes. "

I was not whining about people saying I'm not mature, I don't care if they classify me mature or not. I just want people to listen to my opinions because sometimes they are valid. I admit, sometimes they are not and I do not know about it, but when I know what I'm talking about I often still get ignored.
      [CENTER] [/CENTER]
      [CENTER][/CENTER]

i don't think age on message boards should really matter, if you didn't say you were 13 i probably would have assumed you were much older, because you do seem mature and you have better grammar than a lot of older people. and 13 isn't a child anymore anyways..
      [CENTER] [/CENTER]
      [CENTER] [/CENTER]
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Stereotypes, my friend.

Majority of 13 year olds are like:

"ZOMG HANNAH MONTANA IS THE BESTEST SINGR IN THA WRLD. OMG JONAS BROS AR SO HAWT. YOU DNT AGREE WIT ME SO UR STUPID. LOL UR STUPID COZ U DNT LIKE JONAS BROS AND HANNAH MONTANA. JONAS IS SOO HAWT. I WNT TO MARRY HIM LYK SOO BAD N UR JUST JELOS COZ UR NOT HAWT LYK JONAS. OMG IM SO FAT I WNT TO DIE IM SO UGLY KILL ME I DNT DESRV 2 LIVE. I LIVE 4 JESUS I LOVE JESUS N IF U DONT U CAN FUCK OFF. JESUS IS MI HOMEBOI I LOVE JESUS"

You get the point.

Thats why 99% of 13 year olds aren't taken seriously. You will get taken seriously when your a bit older, hang in there.

stars&straps wrote:

i don't think age on message boards should really matter, if you didn't say you were 13 i probably would have assumed you were much older, because you do seem mature and you have better grammar than a lot of older people. and 13 isn't a child anymore anyways..

eye kno rite sum ppl gots totly horble spelin

@ scribble, I dunno if that's you in your signature, but your very pretty :) I lub your eyes <3 (sorry, just had to say it ;S)