Who decides the new fashion?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Re: Who decides the new fashion?

John195 wrote:

Lol notived this thread while scrolling through topic and it got my attention

as it turns out fashions start in cali (probably because of the celebs that live there)

people in cali start wearing these clother and the new "trend" starts to move east.

this means that the east coast (florida, NY and what not) get these trends last.

I did my research for the day :p

Despite the fashion capitals being London, Paris, Milan and New York?
      [CENTER]This is a gift it comes with a price
      Who is the lamb and who is the knife
      Midas is king and he holds me so tight
      And turns me to gold in the sunlight
      - Florence + The Machine, Rabbit Heart

I'm not a misanthrope, but I can utterly empathise with them.
      [/CENTER]

hheartstrongg wrote:

oh oh i know this! i'm learning about it in school.
      mostly it's fashion designers. they don't really .. decide it.
      part of a fashion designers job is to create plans for stuff that will be in 2 years from now. so they already have 2010 planned out, and they have had 2009 planned since last year. a couple people actually wear these fashions or they get leaked out, or they're in runway shows, etc, and then people say "wow! that is cool!" and wear it, then it just keeps going till it hits us, then they sell it in really cheap formats.

haha, never thought it to be like that... Fashion designer and their clothes are just wonderful...
      thanks for this info... :D

John195 wrote:

as it turns out fashions start in cali (probably because of the celebs that live there)

people in cali start wearing these clother and the new "trend" starts to move east.

this means that the east coast (florida, NY and what not) get these trends last.

That isn't entirely correct. Different parts of the US get their trends from different places. New York tends to get a lot of trends from Europe (Paris, Milan, etc.) and tend to have more of a high-fashion feel, while Florida tends to get their trends from the Bahamas and have more of an island-inspired trend. California, on the other hand, tends to take it's styles from the beach, and it always tends to be an ecclectic and laid-back feel (a lot of what we take is from South America).

It isn't about what part of the country gets trends last (although, the mid-west does tend to be behind-the-times), but moreso about us all getting trends from different places, and learning how to blend those trends over time.

JennyColada wrote:

That isn't entirely correct. Different parts of the US get their trends from different places. New York tends to get a lot of trends from Europe (Paris, Milan, etc.) and tend to have more of a high-fashion feel, while Florida tends to get their trends from the Bahamas and have more of an island-inspired trend. California, on the other hand, tends to take it's styles from the beach, and it always tends to be an ecclectic and laid-back feel (a lot of what we take is from South America).

It isn't about what part of the country gets trends last (although, the mid-west does tend to be behind-the-times), but moreso about us all getting trends from different places, and learning how to blend those trends over time.

That sounds much more feasible, Jenny. :)

Sometimes the best memories people make, are new ones.