USA: cruel empire?

• Re: USA: cruel empire?

An empire of the worst kind. Not interested in the spread of civilization or prosperity. An empire aimed at the exploitation of the people of the world, and one that hids behind democracy and religion to justify its actions.
      [SIZE=1]"Religious suffering is the expression of real suffering and a protest against real suffering. Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature... It is the opium of the people." ~Karl Marx [/SIZE][SIZE=1]
      “Everything must justify its existence before the judgment seat of Reason, or give up existence”~ Engels[/SIZE]

This began long before GW. The US imperialism before the 1900s, invading the Pacific islands, the Philipines. The Monroe Doctrine and the constant interference in South American politics in order to spread "democracy". The extermination of the native Americans? The Cold War invasion of Vietnam to re-instate a corrupt regime. The countless CIA operations aimed at placing US friendly governments in countries that had democratically elected their rulers. These actions sound like the ones of an Empire.
      [SIZE=1]"Religious suffering is the expression of real suffering and a protest against real suffering. Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature... It is the opium of the people." ~Karl Marx [/SIZE][SIZE=1]
      “Everything must justify its existence before the judgment seat of Reason, or give up existence”~ Engels[/SIZE]

These are the real problems.

I never said that. This regards the US as an evil empire. If you are not willing to see this, perhaps you are worth all the blame.

jnifw3nloi and Neo I totally agree with. What I think everyone can/should agree with is the US has gotten progressivly worse since President Bush came to office. Many US Presidents have used whatever excuse they could find to get away with bending the rules, or even breaking them. Bush, I think, takes the cake.
      The US has never been flawless. The US Constitution was a brilliant and necessary for developing our country, but most presidents find ways to get around it. We have invaded more countries than i can think of off the bat and millions have died. The United States has turned into an Empire which has no credibility or good name with the rest of the world, and as an American, i have to say shame on us. Its our fault we got this way, particularly for re-electing Bush. Its our fault because we DO have a republic system of government. we elected those in charge and they arent doing a great job.
      Yes I do! (no I dont)
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Neo wrote:

US has killed more than 11 million people after World War too and at least 20 million during and before it. No other country has sucked human blood on such a massive scale, the killings of Stalin, Hitler and Islamists combined would not be able to beat that record. And tourble is US still does that and use a logical fallacy where "Heads I win, tails you lose" system of reasoning reigns supreme. You are a living example of the narrow mindedness, ignorance and stupidity of typical Americans.

USSR has killed moe ppl after & durring world war 2...
      But that's not the point...
      The war's of George Bush are just a small part of all the
      stuff USA's pulled! I'm not talking about common citisens
      of course...
      [SIZE=5][SIZE=3]:kiss: Married to Fay :kiss: [/SIZE][/SIZE]

Look... I'm not defending USA or anything...
      But USA set an ultimatum ,and Japan rejected that ultimatum.
      They knew what will happen...
      Of course USA needed to test the nuc's ,and they bombed Hiroshima & Nagasaki. USA conquered Havaii just like Japan tryed to conquer China.
      Actualy we can say that Japan was also a cruel empire.
      Japan did'nt follow any war rules, they killed civillians, kids.
      [SIZE=5][SIZE=3]:kiss: Married to Fay :kiss: [/SIZE][/SIZE]

Japan also killed cilivians, no one is denying that. But instead of immediately moving to the murder of hundreds of thousands, one must exaust all other options. Japan had been largely defeated. Its navy and airforce destroyed or under supplyed. Invasion was not needed. The war with Japan could have been solved without the nuclear bomb. The Japanese had no idea what the nuclear device could do. No one did. It had never before been dropped on a city or used in war.
      And the nuclear bomb had been tested before it was dropped on Japan.

Japan could have been defeated with a simple blockade. It could not have sustained the war for much longer and it could not have attacked since it was pushed to its mainland.
      But you are right, dreadfully off-topic.

When the bomb was being developed, the only way they would know if it worked was to test it in the Los Alamos desert in New Mexico. They would not drop an untested prototype on the slim chance that it would work. This is one of the most unintelligent questions I have ever been asked.

If the US had attacked the japanese mainland, thousands more people would have died. The Japaneese were perfectly willing to fight to the death and would never accept surrender. In some cases entire villages of women and children threw themselves off cliffs rather than admit defeat. A fight for Japan on Japaneese soil would have forever destroyed Japan.
      It is a sad day when an innocent nation's flag is decried as hate speech.

If I say it, I believe it. Most of the time, anyway. :lol: