I have an odd predicament

• I have an odd predicament

Well there's this girl that i really like, but she has a boyfriend. They've been going out for about 8 months. I had told her how i feel, but i didn't know at the time that she had a bf. She said that if they ever broke up, she'd let me kno. This was in may. Since then, we have stayed friends, but since she knows how i feel, there is a slight amount of tension/awkwardness. Ok, there is the context....

The problem is, we dont have any classes together, she doesnt hav an aim or an msn, and i dont hav her number(and from the context, its kind of awkward to get her number). We only talk on rare occasions when i see her in the hall and she isnt crowded around by her friends. Im not sure how to talk to her and build a stronger bond than we hav right now, something we can work from if she ever breaks up w/ her bf. Im afraid she'll be reluctant to go out with me if we hardly ever talk.

Does anyone hav any word of wisdom. Some ideas of how i can talk to her more and build a stronger bond
    ??
    [CENTER][SIZE=4]:excited:[/SIZE][SIZE=4]"Thats the Truth, Baby":excited:
    [/SIZE] [/CENTER]
    [SIZE=4]
    [/SIZE] [SIZE=-2]

[/SIZE]
  • Re: I have an odd predicament

xRC wrote:

I know this isn't really the answer you are looking for but i think it would be best to move on and find someone else. I know you can't just turn your feelings off for someone but the fact that her and her bf have been together a while makes it seem like they wont be breaking up any time soon and it is unfair on you to be waiting around for her to split up with her boyfriend.

Ive been told that more times than i can count, you telling me isnt gonna make much of a difference; sorry. Im staying right where i am, patience is always rewarded
    [/SIZE] [/CENTER]
    [SIZE=4]
    [/SIZE] [SIZE=-2]

[/SIZE]

She has a boyfriend, you really do need to just move on and forget about her.
    If she liked you and wanted to be with you then she'd have finished her boyfriend and got with you by now, i'm sorry to be so harsh about it but obviously she doesn't return your feelings so why the hell are you still waiting around for her.
    [CENTER][SIZE=2][/SIZE] [/CENTER]

Saje wrote:

Her BF should kick your ass.

She is taken back off man how would you feel if you had a girlfriend and some guy was trying to work harder from taking her away from you.

Who the hell ever said i was trying to steal her from her bf, if u actually READ, You'd have seen that im waiting for them to end on their own, and the question was how can i get to know her better.
    [/SIZE] [/CENTER]
    [SIZE=4]
    [/SIZE] [SIZE=-2]

[/SIZE]

wolfbane75 wrote:

Who the hell ever said i was trying to steal her from her bf, if u actually READ, You'd have seen that im waiting for them to end on their own, and the question was how can i get to know her better.

Uh you pretty much said your trying to steal her. I mean you say that oh yeah i'll wait for them to get done yet your asking for advice on how to get know her better which pretty much is moving in on her.

And what did you expect to happen when you told her you liked her? Obviously you didn't want to get rejected because your talking about it here now. You know you wanted her to start thinking about her leaving him for you.

But seriously move on.

It seems, to me, like you could have plenty of time to get to know her more intimately after they break up. She doesn't have to jump from relationship to relationship, and you don't have to put yourself in a position where she knows you well enough to be her boyfriend RIGHT after she breaks up. What's wrong with deepening the friendship more after she's single?