My close friend likes me, but i have a boyfriend

• My close friend likes me, but i have a boyfriend

my boyfriend and i have been together for a year. recently i have become very close with a boy (who also happens to hate my boyfriend). we hang out a lot and i love spending time with him, but i ONLY look at him as a friend. he flirts with me a lot and is very touchy. ive had a feeling he liked me, but i thought that maybe it was just me.

my best friend talked to this boy and asked him if he had a crush on me, and he said yes. but what makes me kind of upset is that he also told her he only started talking to me to make me break up with my boyfriend (since they dont like eachother). but as we started talking more and more he got so close to me that he started to like me.

he knows i love my boyfriend, and he knows i only see him as a friend. but my boyfriend and i are always arguing about how much time i spend with this boy and how i'm always texting him. i dont want to lose this friendship because he's a nice guy, but i also don't want to ruin what i have with my boyfriend.. what do i do ?
    • Re: My close friend likes me, but i have a boyfriend

Stop talking to the friend. Mentioned this in another thread but basically these two blokes broke up with their two GF's cus they were both talking to this absolute gay foggot that we all hated and were like inviting hi out on weekends and shit and inviting him to the same party as us. In the end we smashed him at some party and the girls got up us, so the boys ditched them. If your bf really doesn't like someone then I wouldn't talk to them all the time. No way If I knew somebody a girl didn't like then if they weren't like my best friend I wouldn't be talking to them all the time like full buddy.

It's hard, but you need to make a decision. What matters to you more? The relationship you have with your boyfriend or this friend of yours?

You don't even have to choose between the two. You can keep both people in your life and continue living your life with them. They have to respect the fact that you are involved with the other person that they dislike. You shouldn't have to choose between the two if they mean the world to you, remember that.
      [CENTER]You bitches are beautiful. :hugs:[/CENTER]

Ok, i'm going to completley disagree with the first two comments (because both of them come from the point of view of a jealous boyfriend) and say do NOT stop talking to your friend.
      You need to explain to your boyfriend that this other lad is just a friend and nothing is going on, if he loves you he will be able to accept that you have other male friends and will trust you enough to know that nothing is going on. You need to talk to this other lad as well, tell him you enjoy spending time with him but he is just a friend so he needs to tone down the flirting and accept that nothing is going to happen.
      And is there an exact reason why they don't get along because i feel they may not like each other simply because of jealousy. Maybe you could also try inviting both of them out at the same time, with a few of your other friends as well. This will help them both accept that it is your boyfriend you really want and they may find something they have in common and start to get along. If not, they will just have to accept that you love both of them (in completley different ways of course) and they'll just have to live with it.
      All the best
      Support Leader
      Charley
      [CENTER][SIZE=2][/SIZE] [/CENTER]

They haven't liked each other because they find the other annoying. They always complain about each other when I'm with one of them and it's so annoying.

And my friend knows nothing is going to happen, but I think he just likes playing around. I told him that my boyfriend is the one I want and he understands that. But it's my boyfriend that makes things worse and awkward between us. He is very jealous and has became very clingy ever since I became friends with this guy. HE'S the one ruining my relationship, but everyone's blaming my friend. It's really complicated and I tried getting them to become friends but they're both very stubborn.

If this friend likes playing around and trying to get in the middle of your relationship then he doesn't really sound like a great friend.

It is a very hard position to be in, having a friend that your boyfriend disapproves of (or having a boyfriend that your friend disapproves of). Your boyfriend does need to respect you as an individual and realize that your choices are your choices, and although he is your boyfriend and partner he does not hold a deciding factor on who you can talk to. That being said, your boyfriend has the full capability to decide that this friendship is putting too much stress on the relationship and to decide to date you no longer if you want to keep this friendship (although that'd seem like a pretty dick move).

Knowing that this friend has alternative motives for being your friend would lead me, if I were in this position, to worry. Should you really be friends who do not have your best interest and happiness in mind, but purely breaking up your relationship? If that was the basis for your friendship then it would lead me to believe that this guy doesn't much respect you or your friendship, and that he may not be honest with you about other issues if he was ok being so dishonest to begin with.