How to get help gaining comfort when around opposite sex?

• How to get help gaining comfort when around opposite sex?

:confused:How to get help gaining comfort when around opposite sex?:confused:

I used to be completely fine, but I started getting shyer and shyer around males. I’m not sure if it’s just because my self esteem is bad or something else. When I’m online, it’s not a problem. In fact, it seems all my online gaming friends are males. I’m guessing I’m more comfortable because I’m hiding behind the computer.
      I want to stop this now while I can though. It’s starting to become a bigger issue. I’ve had guys hits on me, and I didn’t know how to respond or act. (I don’t even understand why in the world they would want to hit on me.) My friends joke about me now because this guy at lunch couldn’t remember my name and said, “What’s her name? The one with the nice looking lips.” I was a bit creeped out.
      There’s a guy in my math class that’s obviously been getting more comfortable saying things to me. I’ve been getting more uncomfortable. In my spare time I will sketch in class, and now he asks me to draw him. (After making a terrible “manly” pose and offering to get together sometime.) Today he mentioned he was going into the National Guard after school, and he asked if I would wait for him until he gets back and winked. He then made a comment about how he’d be 21, and we could legally drink. He persisted by asking if I wanted to party next Saturday. lol My friend told him to tell me I had nice lips referring to the lunch incident with the other person, and he actually said it. He constantly asks if I have a boyfriend-every few weeks. I keep saying no, and he keeps asking. (I don’t date. Maybe I should say that instead? But then I’m afraid he’ll ask why, and I really don’t feel like explaining to a complete stranger.) He made a comment that I don’t talk much-you’d think he’d get the hint. (He’s really cute, but I don’t like the way he comes on, and the whole thing is just pointless!)
      The main thing is, I plan on joining the Navy after school. I feel like it’s almost a terrible idea because obviously all of the men that are in the military, but I don’t want to miss out on any fantastic career and travel opportunities because of a dumb fear. Am I doing the right thing by brushing it off or will it catch up to me and put me in a bad position? Are there any books I can read to help me out?
      (I don’t want to tell my parents. Last time something like this happened my parents went a little overboard and the kid on the bus got suspended. That one was physical contact, so it was a bit more understandable, but still.)
      I have a terrible habit of smiling during all this which could be sending the wrong message. My emotions take over and it’s more of an awkward sarcastic smile though. Sometimes I’ll laugh but it’s more laughing at the situation or the person that is doing this.

Your help is appreciated. Thank you!