Second Life Affair Ends Real Life Marriage

• Second Life Affair Ends Real Life Marriage

A couple are divorcing after a woman found her was husband cheating – with a virtual character in an online world.

David Pollard and Amy Taylor in real life

Amy Taylor caught estranged husband David Pollard having sex with an animated woman in Second Life. 'I went mad – I was so hurt.
      I just couldn't believe what he'd done,' said Ms Taylor, 28. 'I looked at the screen and saw his character having sex. It's cheating, as far as I'm concerned.'
      The couple met online in 2003 and, within months, she had moved into 40-year-old Mr Pollard's flat in Newquay, Cornwall.
      They spent hours together on Second Life, where players create fantasy lives, with jobs and relationships.

The Virtual wedding at the beginning of the relationship

After two years, the pair married – in real life and in the game – but Ms Taylor said she knew something was wrong.
      'I had my susp*icions about what he was doing in Second Life,' she added.
      In February last year, she caught her husband's avatar, Dave Barmy, having sex with a call girl in the game.

This is virtual bride Laura Skye whose real-world alter ego is divorcing her husband after his online character cheated on her (love triangle characters)

Her character, Laura Skye, hired a virtual private detective to investigate his online adultery.
      But Mr Pollard apologised and begged for forgiveness.
      But the final bombshell came this April, when she caught her husband with his new online flame, Modesty McDonnell.
      'I caught him cuddling a woman on a sofa in the game. It looked really affectionate,' said Ms Taylor, who filed for *divorce the next day.
      'He confessed he'd been talking to this woman in America for weeks and said he didn't love me any more.'
      Ms Taylor said she was down for a while – but now has a new man, who she met in the online game World Of Warcraft.

I don't know if anyone else saw this. I found it pretty ridiculous. But I guess cheating emotionally is just as bad as doing it physically.

How do you feel - if you found out your boyfriend or girlfriend was doing similar things, would you consider it cheating as well?
      Has anyone here actually met a significant other on Second Life, WoW, or what have you?
      [CENTER][LEFT][SIZE=2]"Anyone unable to understand how a useful religion can be founded in lies will not understand this book either.[/SIZE][SIZE=2] So be it."
      -Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle.
      [/SIZE][/LEFT]
      [/CENTER]
    • Re: Second Life Affair Ends Real Life Marriage

Lol, if i had a boyfriend who spent so much time on computer games like that then he'd have been right out the door anyway, i think it's pathetic that they've let a computer game because thats all it is, get in the way if their real lives, and getting so upset by watching a bunch of pixels having sex, for god sake, that's going too far, it's just ridiculous. I couldn't stop laughing when i saw this on the news.
      [CENTER][SIZE=2][/SIZE] [/CENTER]

Two words. Fat. Fucks.

They are gross. I hate fat people. Do something with yourself. Honestly.
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      Australian | 20 | University Student | Epic
      [LEFT]
      (818): dude you made out with his girlfriend and stole his credit card to buy more drinks.
      (626):
      well when you put it like that, I sound like a terrible person.

[/LEFT]
      [/CENTER]

Lol,
      I read about this, they both were unemployed and spent most of their time on this game, in the same house but on two different computers. And how she had her suspicions when his character started going Country Western dancing. lmao

Does make you laugh, how some people are obviously tired with their own lives..they have a "second life".
      [LEFT][CENTER]
      [/CENTER]
      [/LEFT]

x-mercedes-x wrote:

Well they do spend practically all their lifes behind a computer screen . . . you can't expect them to look good, they don't have any time for personal appearance, fantasy games on the computer are way more important obviously!

Fail call. Haha. :rolleyes:
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      Australian | 20 | University Student | Epic
      [LEFT]
      (818): dude you made out with his girlfriend and stole his credit card to buy more drinks.
      (626):
      well when you put it like that, I sound like a terrible person.

[/LEFT]
      [/CENTER]

LovetoLive wrote:

Lol,
      I read about this, they both were unemployed and spent most of their time on this game, in the same house but on two different computers. And how she had her suspicions when his character started going Country Western dancing. lmao

Does make you laugh, how some people are obviously tired with their own lives..they have a "second life".

Sad, isn't it?

But let's say your gf/bf is just talking to people online, in the regular allotted time that he's already online, and it's definitely gone past strict friend zone - how's that make you feel?

I'm not just asking you, LovetoLive, I'm just posing the question.
      [CENTER][LEFT][SIZE=2]"Anyone unable to understand how a useful religion can be founded in lies will not understand this book either.[/SIZE][SIZE=2] So be it."
      -Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle.
      [/SIZE][/LEFT]
      [/CENTER]

i go on second life...and this is just pathetic. I have an sl boyfriend and a rl boyfriend...hell, they know each other. XD they play together on world of warcraft. lmao. this is utterly pathetic. that woman should be slapped. ITS VIRTUAL! HE HASNT GOT HIS DICK OUT TO HER YOU DAFT BROAD! women...and people wonder wehy I'm gay. XD
      [SIZE=2]Gay and looking for a friend? Hell, any sexuality is welcome. PM ME FRIENDS VERY WELCOME! hehe[/SIZE]

Reliving life as I should. :)

I want what those people are smoking.
      Where do these idiots come from?
      I would not care if my wife(if I had a wife)had sex with 10000000000 different people on an online game.
      It is a game.
      How do people get this stupid?
      Where do these people come from?
      What kind emotional trauma does it take to make you divorce some one over a game?
      These people need help.
      SERIOUS HELP.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]