I'm not sure if this warrants help...

• I'm not sure if this warrants help...

About four days ago I realized that I'm depressed. Not scuicidal depressed, but depressed nonetheless. I thought i was done with being depressed, but so much is going on that I think my mind went into remission. It feels like I'm just suspended above my life, waiting for things to get better so I can come down again.

My mom is a raging alcaholic and is getting worse, my sister hears voices, my dad just grownded me for being addicted to cigarettes, I haven't had a cigarette in over two weeks, my the love of my life (my best friend, and its platonic love) is depressed beyond anything i could have ever thought possible and will probably blow her brains out, and I have an eating disorder.

These things by itself, or even in twos or threes arent that bad, but all of that on top of eachother, with a hectic schedual that I have, is depressing. I go about my day as if nothing is wrong, but at the end of the day, i realize i was just pretending to feel things and I'm just numb. I'm not sure what to do with myself right now. Maybe someone could help?
      Yes I do! (no I dont)
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    • Re: I'm not sure if this warrants help...

hm. well i've had my share of being knee deep in problems and suffered on/off with depression for almost 3 years. there isnt much you can do. try to distance yourself from your problems. and find someone you can confide in. i know my friends were all i needed to help me through it.
      [CENTER]Signing off:[/CENTER]
      [CENTER]Im alright in bed[/CENTER]
      [CENTER]but im better with a pen.[/CENTER]
      [CENTER]:D [/CENTER]

I find the best thing to do, try and find a silver lining, at first your prob going to laugh but it helps. If you think about it when your depressed your problems seem to stick out more than the good. Might not work for everyone, but for me it saved my life.....And remember its always the darkest before the dawn :)

Listen to KnoxKast Radio that will make you laugh

also, listen to music

find a song you really like, and memorize it. like, hardcore memorization. if you get it so you can harmonize with the singer, that is cool.

actualyl, i dont know what that last one has to do with depression, but

or just straightup talk to a friend about alllllll the shit thats going on.

helped me.

shit, has every teenager gone through this kind of stuff?

All of us have things in our life that we have to deal with.
      But its important to have that one thing that you can do that will take your mind off of everything.
      Start a new hobby, go jogging, SOMETHING. Something that you can do just for YOU. Something that can take your mind off of everything else for at least a little bit.

Otherwise, you will drive yourself insane.

Unlike these people, I will go into detail about what to do to help. I was recently hospitalized in Seattle, WA for depression for a week. I understand completely what you are going through.

1.) Find at least one thing you can do to make yourself escape from the hell you're in. It could be reading, writing, drawing, painting, screaming, watching Titanic over and over again, it does not matter. Find something that makes you HAPPY. Makes you forget all of the problems you have.

2.) Request a psychiatrist meeting. Though it may seem uncomfortable and hard, go talk to a psychiatrist. It helps to just say what's on your mind. It is a safe place to cry and talk about everything that hurts you.

3.) Keep a regular schedule. It may not seem like much, but keeping a schedule regular from what time you go to bed, to what time you wake up in the morning makes a HUGE difference. Keep track of what time you wake up, eat, brush your teeth, shower, EVERYTHING. If you keep things normal and planned, your body knows how to react.

4.) TAKE YOUR MEDS!!! I cannot stress this issue enough. If you forget your meds for a day, you will not want to take them again. Always consult a doctor before going off your meds. It may not seem like they help, but they really do. Proper medication is also an issue. Make sure you get a second opinion before you are diagnosed. If you are misdiagnosed, like I was, you may end up taking too much of the wrong medicine or not enough of the right medicine. You will feel so much better once you are on the right stuff.

PM me for more information.

Katherine, of Kenna&Katherine