Abortion-

• Re: Abortion-

hmm, this is a difficult one, because i agree that there are two ways to see it.

like i dont feel that any human being should have the right to kill another person, like murder is not acceptable so why should killing a baby be? i dont believe anyone has the right to take away the life of someone else.

however, under certain circumstances i agree like people have to do it with no option really, but there really are other ways to deal with an unplanned/unwanted pregnancy, rather than just killing off the baby. like alot of young people (not always) are selfish, and think if i get pregnant, i can just have an abortion kinda thing, its becoming like a way of life, to just click your fingers and you dont have a baby again.

all of that probably made no sense, but i'm half asleep so let me off :p

abortion is completely okay.
    why shouldn't it be? i don't understand why some people are so against it people have a right to do as they please.

of course, up until week 20 of a pregnancy, because at this stage its an actual baby and its a little disturbing to me to end the life when its half developed.

so overall no, abortion isnt wrong its completely fine up until a certain stage.
    [CENTER] [/CENTER]
    [CENTER] [/CENTER]
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

I'm pro-choice in situations that involve rape and the mothers life being in danger.

stars&straps wrote:

of course, up until week 20 of a pregnancy, because at this stage its an actual baby and its a little disturbing to me to end the life when its half developed.
    Yes, because humans have a stage where they're "half developed." (Yes, that was completely sarcasm)

We're always developing and evolving, for the better or worse.

I'm mixed tbh.

It annoys me when people just think of abortion as emergancy contraception.
    I personally don't think i'd ever have an abortion. But i'm only 17 at the moment and I don't want a child this young. I'd rather have the choice of what to do, even if it means I don't have an abortion.
    I'd rather not be told "You're pregnant, you're having the baby", if that makes sense?

Playing devil's advocate here, it's not really the government that's telling you what to do with your reproductive system. Really, when a "fetus" meets the definition of life it's not quite a half-born leech of your reproductive system.

It is a human and therefore has the right to have rights, and because the woman bears life, she is in charge of the life of this child she is bearing.

By the same logic, a fetus could could be aborted in late pregancy - and why stop there and not allow women to practice infanticide? After all, if it's something that sprung from their vaginas then really, it's their property, right?

Original feminists opposed abortion with the fury of Zeus:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Feminist History[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=+2]Voices of our Feminist Foremothers[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Susan B. Anthony[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]In her publication The Revolution, was written: [/FONT]
    [INDENT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Guilty? Yes. No matter what the motive, love of ease, or a desire to save from suffering the unborn innocent, the woman is awfully guilty who commits the deed. It will burden her conscience in life, it will burden her soul in death; But oh, thrice guilty is he who drove her to the desperation which impelled her to the crime!" [/FONT]
    [/INDENT][INDENT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Abortion was referred to as "child murder."[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Revolution, 4(1):4 July 8, 1869 [/FONT]
    [/INDENT][INDENT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"We want prevention, not merely punishment. We must reach the root of the evil...It is practiced by those whose inmost souls revolt from the dreadful deed."[/FONT]
    [/INDENT][INDENT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"All the articles on this subject that I have read have been from men. They denounce women as alone guilty, and never include man in any plans for the remedy."[/FONT]
    [/INDENT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Elizabeth Cady Stanton[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]She classified abortion as a form of "infanticide." The Revolution, 1(5):1, February 5, 1868 [/FONT]
    [INDENT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"When we consider that women are treated as property, it is degrading to women that we should treat our children as property to be disposed of as we see fit."[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Letter to Julia Ward Howe, October 16, 1873, recorded in Howe's diary at Harvard University Library [/FONT]
    [/INDENT][INDENT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"There must be a remedy even for such a crying evil as this. But where shall it be found, at least where begin, if not in the complete enfranchisement and elevation of women?"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Revolution, 1(10):146-7 March 12, 1868 [/FONT]

[/INDENT]Source

They really did address the issue of "rape" more cleverly than any modern feminist to this day has.

When commenting on a Joke forum. ;)Sieg Heil like an iron fascist fist, mein Fuhrer. :)

The post was edited 1 time, last by Yuki ().

Yuki wrote:

Playing devil's advocate here, it's not really the government that's telling you what to do with your reproductive system. Really, when a "fetus" meets the definition of life it's not quite a half-born leech of your reproductive system.

It has rights, and because the woman bears life, she is in charge of the life of this child she is bearing.

By the same logic, a fetus could could be aborted in late pregancy - and why stop there and not allow women to practice infanticide? After all, if it's something that sprung from their vaginas then really, it's their property, right?

Well, that's wrong.

Luckily, due to legal reasons and philosophical falacies, that argument isn't even valid.

I can understand some people getting so heated about being pro-life. I mean, if I 100% thought that a fetus was, under all terms and conditions, a human being that qualifies for all basic human rights, then I'm sure I'd get hot-under-the-collar at people being "murderers" as well. But that doesn't stop those opinion from not being legally or medically based.

JennyColada wrote:

I can understand some people getting so heated about being pro-life. I mean, if I 100% thought that a fetus was, under all terms and conditions, a human being that qualifies for all basic human rights, then I'm sure I'd get hot-under-the-collar at people being "murderers" as well. But that doesn't stop those opinion from not being legally or medically based.

The issue of abortion has been ripped to shreds using the medical approach.
    Physicians now use a more rigorous criterion for death: brain wave activity. A flat EEG (electroencephalograph) is one of the most important criteria used to determine death. If the cessation of brain wave activity can define death, could the onset of brain wave activity define life? Individual brain waves are detected in the fetus in about 40-43 days. Using brain wave activity to define life would outlaw at least a majority of abortions.

And far from it, the philosophical argument only draws the line between human and a person.

According to Roe vs Wade, a human fetus qualifes as a complete human. Surprised? It just doesn't have person rights. So in a more ethical approach, you should "get hot-under-the-collar at people being 'murderers'" because a fetus - as defined by the Supreme court - qualifies as a human.

As for it being legal, it used to be illegal at one point, but the line has been drawn and left - according to the court - for physicans to decide whether or not they want to abort a pregnant woman. In other words, the court cannot prohibit a woman from seeking an abortion and punishing physicians, but rather it let's physicians make the decision more intrapersonally. Physicians take an oath upon graduation, the Hippocratic oath, I quote "I will not give a woman a pessary to produce abortion."

Food for thought

When commenting on a Joke forum. ;)Sieg Heil like an iron fascist fist, mein Fuhrer. :)

The post was edited 1 time, last by Yuki ().