Can you cry????

• Can you cry????

let me tell to you something.....
      I have a friend, for this time I'll call him AS.(he is 18). He's not exactly regular guy - anybody hates him : he has a bad relationship with his parents
      , he has no friends, at his job anybody hates him e.c.t....... he's melancolic and flegmatic just like me and even worst.... and now is the question : CAN YOU CRY?????..... I know it's a weird question and now you are thinking " so what? there are a lot of people like him" but he realy can't cry....

...few days ago I asked him " Why do you need to cry???"
      he answered me " I feel it can help me"

What do you think about it? Do you think it's normal??
    • Re: Can you cry????

If he is so down he doesn't feel anything but numbness towards life then yes it's possible he can't cry.

His emotions aren't there because they've faded away amongst the problems.

A friend would help - someone he could trust and maybe eventually laugh with.

When you have something to lose, everytime you fuck up and could lose things you cry.

Hello Nadya and welcome to Teen Hut. There are some wonderfull kind people here and they will help you as much as they can.

Like your friend, I cry, been crying a lot lately. Crying helps let it all out. But I have known this numbness that you speak of. There's this silence inside of me and it won't go away. I am sorry I can not help you for your friend. But I will remember him in my quiet times. :)

Sometimes the best memories people make, are new ones.

It really isn't rare for some people to find it hard to express emotions. Many people keep things bottled up and hide how they're feeling. Some people find it helpful to let their emotions out, for others, it makes them feel weak and even worse than if they had no let out their emotions.

Whatever you do, or what your friends do, if it works for them then that's all that matters.

Personally, I'm quite a big cry baby, but I do have trouble putting my emotions out there. I have trouble talking about what's on my mind, even if I have no trouble showing what the emotions are.

Some people just aren't comfortable expressing their emotions so easily. Take me for example, it takes a lot to emotionally effect me just simply because I'm that kind of person. This guy has probably realized that crying will help him, since tears are a kind of relief. It takes a while to reach that point though, so try to be understanding.
      [CENTER][SIZE=4][/SIZE][SIZE=4]
      [/SIZE]
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      [/CENTER]

I think most people can cry, and need to in order to let things out in one point or an other.

No, matter how tough a person may try and act or seem to be. If there are things that are really bugging them and hurting them and they keep all those feelings to themselves and keep hiding their emotions; sooner or later that person will break down.

It's just difficult for some people to express themselves and what they feel.

Maybe they may not cry publicly but on the inside they could really be in pain, and suffering.

I was extremely depressed a while ago and I found it impossible to cry, or feel anything at all for that matter, and it sounds like this is what he is feeling.

It is likely that he is depressed and needs to find out what in particular is causing the depression in order to help to solve the problem and therefore be able to cry again.

It's perfectly normal. Even though I'm an emotional person and I cry easily, sometimes I find it hard to cry just when I really need to cry. Depression does that to people. If he can get all of his emotions out of him by talking or expressing it through arts or something he likes, he might be able to cry in the end. Works for me and my friends...