Do Girls Mess With Guys Just Cause They Like Being Liked(leading people on)?

• Do Girls Mess With Guys Just Cause They Like Being Liked(leading people on)?

i was just wondering if its a common trait im sure everyone not just girls like being liked. but sometimes it seems the girl i like is just leading me on. She has a bf but prior to him she liked me for a long time and i did to just didnt no it but when she got togther with this guy she kinda still flirted with me and eventually told me: if i told you i thought i liked you would that be weird? because i know i have aboyfriend and stuff but like.. when i'm with him i realyl like him but hwne im with you i really like you alot idk its weird. but yeah.. i'm telling you i like you basically.(thats a copy paste of a message she sent me. i just wanted some opinions on if this sounds like she just wants me as a back up cause she says other things not all the time just once and awhile like idk just shell flirt i guess. isnt really the right word cause most of the time its not verbal just like as we pass in the hall shell squeez me stomache or side. she walked by once during class and i had my head down and she came over and played with my hair but she dosent say anything. Maybe i just like her so much i interperate everthing to she likes me and means it thats y i would like to here your thoughts cause im not sure.

thanks
      So You Say You Love Her? Then why are you sitting at the computer and not holding her in your arms telling her how much she means to You? Cause I Bet theres another Kid Out There Who's Dieing to Be Where You Are..... I No I Am
    • Re: Do Girls Mess With Guys Just Cause They Like Being Liked(leading people on)?

Yeah, you're kind of a back-up I think.

Because she's gushing out her feelings and stuff, but mentions a boyfriend. Which to me says wait for me until after we break up. I'm kind of in the same situation though, and for the most part I ended my entire communication towards him.
    • Re: Do Girls Mess With Guys Just Cause They Like Being Liked(leading people on)?

hmm i c i thought that much cause another thing she said was umm i dont no the exact words we were having a convo about how we felt but something like: i said that ill try and not like you as much now that you have a bf cause its probly uncomfortable/ she said that it was probly best cause she dosent want me to get hurt and she feels kinda guilty liking me but having a bf/ i said yeah ill just push it back for awhile/ she said okay but promise me you wont stop liking me cause if things every ended up where this thing didnt work out i would like you but you wouldent like me :( / i said okay i promise i dont think i could stop anyway at least not with out having a chance

yeah something like that it sounds to me like im a back up but not just a bounce back like she does care about me and likes me just she cant do anything now cause i waited to long to ask her out (she said she woulda said yes and was upset cause she didnt no why i didnt cause she told me friend that she liked me but he liked her to and told me she dint) its really complicated sry. i no i cant give up on her i just dont think that way i guess i get up everyday tellin myself this is the day somethings gunna happen this girl means the world to me and i can't believe i let her walk away it just that i feel like now that she knows that i really did like her and wanted to ask her out and even did just online and it wasnt her i asked her friend who was pretending to be her and she like me so she said no. i just feel like i got screwed over and i wanna feel sry for myself but then i think that i cant cause i got to keep goin and try to make this work and then i can't feel that way cause i can't really do anything she dosent want people to get the impression that shes cheating on her bf. then i feel bad again cause im really stuck so its like a cycle im stuck in and i just want someone to talk to i guess.
      So You Say You Love Her? Then why are you sitting at the computer and not holding her in your arms telling her how much she means to You? Cause I Bet theres another Kid Out There Who's Dieing to Be Where You Are..... I No I Am

sounds like just casual flirting to me....I know I do that all the time with guys and just laugh/tease/flirt with them whether or not i have a boyfriend, it's just kind of a nice ego boost to flirt with another guy other than my bf but it doesnt really mean anything...its not like i actually wanna go somewhere with the other guy its just meaningless flirting. so i dunno what it is in your situation but I do know a lot of girls do what I do so ....yeah not sure if that helps at all but i wouldnt place too much importance on it if i were you.