I'm depressed, Should I see a Therapist?

• Re: Depression

Hi.

It's good your dad would take you to see someone. I see a councellor, it really does help.

Has your dad actually noticed any symptoms of it at all?

It might take a bit of time but i'd probably sit down, talk to him, explain how you've been feeling lately and explain whats making you feel depressed etc, i'm sure he will understand. It's ok to just explain just like that, because you have only just worked this out, therefore don't be afraid to sit and explain to him. Maybe it would be better to explain gradually how you'vebeen feeling and how you feel now, then suggest to him to see someone over it.

We'll happilly listen to, so if you need to talk about it, don't be afraid to:)

you can only do good by telling him.
      if you don't tell him, and you don't see a psychiatrist, it's not going to help your depression.

my dad recognized i had depression. at a time when i didn't feel like doing anything and was drowning in self-hate, he coaxed me into seeing a psychiatrist.

honest to god i probably would be here typing this if i hadn't gone.

so good for you for recognizing your problem:)

iT seems like a hard subject to bring up but in fact it isnt really.
      Just sit your dad down and say "Dad ive been feeling down for a while, I have depression and I think I would definatly benefit from seeing a therapist,'
      Parents can be really understanding.
      Go for it XOO.
      [SIZE="4"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Depuis toujours, dans tes rêves![/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]