Ww2

• The US involvement in WWII is perhaps the last war that the US entered justly. Its intent to help Europe fight against the Nazis, Italians and Japanese was very beneficial to the world. However, the US benefit to the allies was mainly in the Pacific. By the time the US helped the allies invade Europe, the Soviet Union was well on its way to destroying Germany.
      [SIZE=1]"Religious suffering is the expression of real suffering and a protest against real suffering. Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature... It is the opium of the people." ~Karl Marx [/SIZE][SIZE=1]
      “Everything must justify its existence before the judgment seat of Reason, or give up existence”~ Engels[/SIZE]
    • Can you blame the US for attacking Japan first? Japan was the imminent threat. They had attacked the Phillipenes and Pearl Harbor and were threatening far more. The US had to defend itself first. And if the Allied invasion at Normandy had not occured, Hitler could have drawn forces from the Pacific front, enough to stop Russia in its tracks.

And for the public knowledge:
      May 8 VE Day (Germany surrenders)
      Sep. 2 VJ Day (Japan signs surrender agreement)

Japan was stronger than Germany, its leaders smarter and troops less war-worn. They required more US attention since the other allies simply could not deal with them at the time. Morever, Japan was far from perfect at the time.
      It is a sad day when an innocent nation's flag is decried as hate speech.

If I say it, I believe it. Most of the time, anyway. :lol:
    • I think that our involvement in WWII was fantastic. But I think we should've helped put a stop to the holocaust prior to Pearl Harbor, but nobody cared for the most part that the jews were being killed.

Hitler was practicing Eugenics on the Jews (which was all the medical experiments on trying to perfect the perfect race) which was a practice invented in America. A lot of scientists actually supported Hitler's quest for the perfect race because we were doing the same thing in America, and nothing pisses me off more than that.

But I think we should supply our allies with equipment and such when they need it, but let them fight their own war. Until at least we get bombed, then we should get involved. That's how it should be.

But I'm glad that we helped post-war Europe after the war, rather than leaving everything in shambles like in WWI. There's a lot of things post-war I didn't agree with though.
    • Germany was much stronger than Japan. Here are some comparisons:
      Aircraft Germany-189,307 Japan-76320
      Tanks and Self Propelled Guns Germany-46,857 Japan-2,515
      Artillery Germany-159,147 Japan-13,350
      Army(total served) Germany-13,600,000 Japan-6,300,000

Japan was a much weaker opponent than Germany was and by the time itbombed Pearl Harbor, things were not going well for it in China, what with all the rebellions and resistance groups.
      [SIZE=1]"Religious suffering is the expression of real suffering and a protest against real suffering. Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature... It is the opium of the people." ~Karl Marx [/SIZE][SIZE=1]
      “Everything must justify its existence before the judgment seat of Reason, or give up existence”~ Engels[/SIZE]
    • Yet Japan posed the greatest threat to the US, and in fact made several other (minor) attacks on the US. None were all that special, but the fact is Japan was in a position to strike the US and Germany was not. Germany was fighting the USSR and Britan at the same time and thus could spare no force for the US.

• Neo wrote:

Oh come on, how can you blame Hitler for wanting to make his country perfect and powerful, wanting the perfect human race in the world, killing of Jews who were traitors during the First World War. He acted in the best interests of German people and he is a hero for doing that.

(This is an experimental reproduction of FutureNavyMan08's thought process but using a stance pro-Hitler in contrast to his pro-Bush stance. Success rate of this experiment is 85% due to my inability to be so narrow minded, accuracy rate however is 100%)

I hope you burn in hell.

You cant fucking kill an entire race like that! He acted to save his own ass! He took advantage of what his people thought at the time, and seriously twisted it. Instead of it being his fault they lost he made it seem like the Jew's made them lose. It wasn't just Jew's who he killed anyways, and no man has any right to put labels on who is "worthy" enough to be in the "all powerfull race".
    • I noticed Neo's post through Strawberry_Wines quote, but I shall not dignify it with a response.

I think we can all agree that Germany needed to be stopped. Since Germany and Japan were allies, you could not take one without the other. Thus, the war with Japan was a neccesity.

• It was fine that Germany and Japan were stopped. The collapse of the Soviet Union, however, was not fine. Then only nation that could keep US power in check is gone. Now the use is free to try and conquer the world. G
    • Strawberry_Wine wrote:

I hope you burn in hell.

You cant fucking kill an entire race like that! He acted to save his own ass! He took advantage of what his people thought at the time, and seriously twisted it. Instead of it being his fault they lost he made it seem like the Jew's made them lose. It wasn't just Jew's who he killed anyways, and no man has any right to put labels on who is "worthy" enough to be in the "all powerfull race".

Are you offended by this because your Jewish or do you know someone that is?

Neo wrote:

Oh come on, how can you blame Hitler for wanting to make his country perfect and powerful, wanting the perfect human race in the world, killing of Jews who were traitors during the First World War. He acted in the best interests of German people and he is a hero for doing that.

(This is an experimental reproduction of FutureNavyMan08's thought process but using a stance pro-Hitler in contrast to his pro-Bush stance. Success rate of this experiment is 85% due to my inability to be so narrow minded, accuracy rate however is 100%)

And how in what ever world your living in, didi the Jews seem traitorous?