Any rpg fans? - Final Fantasy

• Re: Any rpg fans? - Final Fantasy

Final Fantasy is amazing! I've got VII, VIII, X and XII. All great games. I really want to get IX as well though.

I also really liked Kingdom Hearts, which was a cross-over between Final Fantasy and Disney. It sounds really tacky and kiddy-like, but it's got a really intriguing plot, and the gameplay is fantastic.

exactly, another amazing game. I've only played KH 2 but yeah, amazing plot and gameplay :)

anyone ever heard of Vagarant Story? Just to see if anyone shares my opinion about that somewhat unknown game
      [RIGHT][SIZE="3"][FONT="Arial Narrow"]My lungs almost burn
      Of being so close and if it wasn't for you
      I'd think myself to be in hell.
      [/FONT][/SIZE]

[/RIGHT]

Never played them. Never been interested. Don't see the big deal.
      Not digging you guys, but you did ask if there any RPG fans, so I'm saying I'm not.
      [CENTER][SIZE=1][SIGPIC]http://img513.imageshack.us/my.php?image=banksy10243ee2.jpg[/SIGPIC][/SIZE][SIZE=1]
      [SIZE=2]It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder.[/SIZE]
      [/SIZE]

[/CENTER]

DeLarge wrote:

Never played them. Never been interested. Don't see the big deal.
      Not digging you guys, but you did ask if there any RPG fans, so I'm saying I'm not.

LOL!

yeah vagrant story is an amazing rpg, quite unique really, never played another one like ever since. It marked my history of gaming xD
      [/FONT][/SIZE]

[/RIGHT]

Also FFA2 is KILLER. Not for those who aren't fans sadly if you want a in depth DS game then that is the one for you :P But fair warning the game is really long!! I beat the first tactics game in like 23 hours but the second one I am burning on 47 hours and only have 148 missions out of 400 <_< Game is long very long. If you don' like waiting then don't even bother playing it :P
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      The hardest thing to do is watch the one you love, love someone else. [/CENTER]

I love them, i ended up getting all of them (they remade em all for the Ps1) gotta say my fave is still 7 and i like to pretend that X-II doesnt exist...apart from the combat system...that was the best one yet i think.

Vagrant story was awesome, it has never taken me so long to complete a game. Hard as hell and confusing as hell. i also loved how once youd completed it there was a ridiculous amount of new content for when you played it through again with the grimoire on your back.

Another game by Square that i thought was great was Front Mission...admittedly i only played the third one...but in summary: fucking awesome game, and non linear too. which was pretty schweet for a Ps1 game.
      "I love slippers so much that my wife once jokingly suggested I change my name to Arthur Slippers, how we laughed when I reminded her that it was, in fact, already my name!!"
      - Arthur Slippers.

yeah front mission 3! I have that one too, another great game, I had a notebook with passwords from the game websites to gain bonus and stuff like that -.-'' xD

and vagrant story, with that huge weapon creation system, brings back memories *sniff* I also had a notebook for this one, well me and my brother... so many combinations, we had to write them down xD

and ur right crazyemoguy, a lot of lost time with those games xD although I think a mmorpg is way worse

I never played other final fantasy's besides IX onward, i think X is the best and I kinda like XII, diferent, but pretty good too.

sum up, square enix rulz :x
      [/FONT][/SIZE]

[/RIGHT]

Eh it lost a bit i think when it became Square Enix...it was better when it was just Square.

But yeah vagrant story's weapon system...you could almost guarantee you always end up somewhere where you have no weapons for dealing with the enemies in that area and youd have to chain so so so much to kill stuff.

come to think of it i remember some of the enemies on that game being somewhat fucked up...
      "I love slippers so much that my wife once jokingly suggested I change my name to Arthur Slippers, how we laughed when I reminded her that it was, in fact, already my name!!"
      - Arthur Slippers.