should gays be allowed in boyscouts?

• should gays be allowed in boyscouts?

Well, im 14 and in boyscouts. i've been in this organization for 5 years, and im going to quit in june due to my homosexual sexuality. do you believe that gays should not be allowed in boyscouts? i think its total bull. they think that a gay boy scout will go around molesting people. Lol. w/e.
      [SIZE=2]For if we are not within ourselves; We are without.
      -Chris Crocker

[/SIZE]
    • Re: should gays be allowed in boyscouts?

Hmmmmm...
      It is hard to make that call. Personally I do not think that it should matter....but on the OTHER hand I know that a childs' mind can be shaped into..............well....whatever. And on the third note I have personal experience as I was "hit on" by a few guys when I was a kid and yet I did not grow up a homosexual....
      SO....imo: I think it IS wrong to discriminate like that, but on the other hand they do not have proof of it affecting the mind of a kid...and neither do they have proof of it NOT affecting the mind of a kid.
      And then there is a point to consider that a brain-build of a homosexual male is (literally) different than that of a straight male......but then again...you can alter the structure of the brain...BAH! rambling....

I think that they should prove that it is "bad" first.....know what I mean?
      The King of Mind-Fuck

I understand the complaints and the worries of the parents especially since the scouts often go on retreats into the woods for extended periods of time where boys are stuffed shoulder to shoulder in tents. However at the same time I think equality and civil rights should be enforced and gays allowed.
      Without sensibility no object would be given to us, without understanding no object would be thought. Thoughts without content are empty, intuitions without concepts are blind. ~Immanuel Kant, Critique of Pure Reason
      [CENTER]The greatest thing you'll ever learn
      Is just to Love
      And be Loved in return
      [/CENTER]

Discrimination is illegal - no matter if they're a private organization or not. Yes, they are able to determine who is allowed to be in their group and who isn't but they have to have a valid reason to explain their decisions. It's like not hiring someone because they are not white. It's the same principle and overall, it's discrimination - which is unacceptable.

i def. dont think they should want you out. i mean it's called the boy scouts any boy should be allowed in. i mean obviously if anyone broke any rules they can kick you out but just because they think you might possibly do something doesnt mean they shouldnt wait and find out...
      [CENTER][SIZE=4]"I don't do damsel well. Distress, I can do.

Damseling? Not so much."
      [/SIZE]

[/CENTER]
      [CENTER]
      [/CENTER]

From one scout to another, It's an unfortunate truth you'll have to deal with, which will in turn only make you stronger. I don't agree with the policy, but I understand it's reasoning. There are other clubs out there, quitting Boy Scouts isn't the end of the world, it's fine to be upset about it, but get over it and get on with your life and have fun!

I dont belive this is right how do you know the scout leader is not Gay altho there are police tests and such forth but its a really bad sterio type what the hell has it go to do with anyone else how you feel about the same sex unless you chose to express it its not a nice thing to be doing to anyone and i dont think it should be allowed

Personally I do not think that it is right, but Boy Scouts is a privately run organization. They can say who can join and who can not. I believe they had a controversy about it not too long back about a family of atheists wanting to join and got offended when their troop prayed and whatnot.
      I'm truely sorry to hear that you have to quit for such a stupid reason. If its any consolation I wanted to join too. But due to the birth defect of being born with a vagina they won't let me. *laugh* There is, however, a organization called Venture Scouts. Its alot like Boy Scouts. You should look them up.
      But at the same time...who has to know that your gay.

Its pretty ridiculous that boyscouts are doing this, seeing as the the stupid idiot leaders there should be more worried bout what other dangerous things the straight kids are doing. Like my friends troop who joined hands, grabbed an electrical fence, and quickly proceeded into shock. Fun mess that was for those leaders to clean up. And hell, with how boyscouts pack everyone together, if one person was molesting some other kid, there's almost garentee'd to be another person around to help the victim.

On the other hand, my friend did learn how to masturbate at age 9 from a Bi kid in his troop, and proceeded to try to teach me at age 10, though I had already figured it out <(^.^<)

I'm pretty sure this type of discrimination is illegal, it does not matter what so ever If the organisation is private. Leave if you feel too intimidated but remember that they can not kick you out. If they do you can threaten to take it to court, something they would rather not have :)

Well that's pretty much what I know about the legal side. Personally I think it should make no difference, but the homophobics are hard to shift :)

No! Gays should not be allowed in Boy Scouts! We have no idea what they're capable of doing. Just... just think about it. Camping alone at night with an extremely horny young gay man. Now, I don't know if there are adults around to moniter what goes on or not, but regardless I would be scared as fuck. Homosexuality these days is a big issue and we can't just pretend it doesn't exist or we're going to have some intense sexual harrasment is places like boyscouts.
      ????