Are you all serious?... [Yes, I dislike all of you]

• Are you all serious?... [Yes, I dislike all of you]

I've came across this website just browsing around on the internet. I noticed that this forum is well organized, populated, informational and everything else positive I could imagine.

All though, I did notice something that strikes me as unsanitary, idiotic and repulsive. My topic of concern, teen suicide. I'd advise all you "emotionals" who may take my rant into concern, to just press "back" and ignore this. I may hurt some feelings, but honestly, I don't care. Majority of you will disagree with my statements, and moderators may believe closing this thread is appropriate. In my personal opinion, I am expressing my view on this topic. I may come off as a close-minded, arrogant, "he doesn't know how it feels," kinda-guy, but hear me out.

Are you kids honestly engaging yourself in self harm to ease emotional pain? I always brushed this topic off, because I think people who consider suicide and people who commit self mutilation to be idiotic.

I can only hear so many, "My Dad calls me a loser because I play video games on my 300$ Xbox 360 that he bought me for Christmas," or "My life sucks. My boyfriend dumped me, my parents don't understand, and the kids at school pick on me," stories. Let me break it down for you in a perspective amongst people sharing similar views as mine.

Reading these complaints are not a cry for help, but a cry for attention. Yes, you get picked on in school. Why? Because you cut yourself with a razor blade. It's not a matter of "Wow, I am doing nothing wrong. Why does everything think of me as an outcast?" Well, it's like being atheist and walking into a Church. You are different, and you are different by choice. Your plea for help and acceptance amongst society is repulsed by your actions, thoughts and ideas. That must suck? Right. We all know. You live in a society where "normal" is well, normal. Try abiding by what is known to be "normal" and maybe society will accept you.

Yes, I understand. Not all people want to kill themselves because they are socially isolated, but a large percentage of you do. So, that is why I will discuss that matter first.

Let's say I enjoy killing little children, and eating their skin for breakfast (Not true). Wow, insane right? Why is that insane and looked down upon by society? Hm, maybe because no one does it. Maybe because society tells us what is right and what is wrong. Most suicidal people can agree with me, that killing children and eating them may be intense, and repulsive. Well, because it is. I think you could pin-point the, "child eater" in the neighborhood. Now, why does everyone make fun of me for killing children? Why do people think of me as an outcast? Because I am insane and I have mental problems. You are outcasted simply because you purposely act as an outcast to seek attention. It's not because you aren't "pretty" or "skinny" enough. I know plenty of fat and ugly people who have great lives and great friends. It is because you think these negative thoughts, and you believe that physical pain will take away emotional pain.

Now where is the logic in that?

"But Mike, you can't compare someone who kills kids to someone to hurts themselves."

Yes I can. Both situations deal with mental problems beyond belief. You tell me I can't compare the two, why? Because killing kids is sick and wrong? But yes, cutting your wrists is more sane. It's like a Christian saying, "Well we all know Santa isn't real, but God sure is." You argument has no bearing, and can easily be attacked by either party. I am not an asshole, I am realistic, and I am here to tell you why you are an outcast.

"Mike, you don't know what I go through in life."

Actually, I do. I can bet that my life sucks just as much as your average wrist-cutter. I am not going to write what's wrong in my life, because it is my life, none of yours. Also, because none of you can help me. "I want to kill myself," then what do you the responders say, "Oh, don't kill yourself. That's wrong. You have a lot going for you." Your discussions are cries for attention, do not help. If you want to kill yourself, you should have no problem. I'm pretty sure any of you can drive your car off a bridge, jump off a building, eat a bottle of pills. But, no. Instead, you talk about killing yourself. Heres an idea, be normal for once, stop trying to seek for differences in your life, and live it the way it's supposed to be lived.

"Mike, why would I want to live like everyone else?"

Because you are sitting on a forum online, talking about how bad your life sucks. So obviously, the way you are living now, isn't so fun. I can bet that the "average" life is a thousand times better then whatever you are doing now. I don't live an average life, I live a pretty exciting and multifaceted life, and I deal with the same problems most of you go through. "My parents divorced," "I'm not good enough for that girl," blah blah blah. Listen, your life obviously isn't that bad if you have access to internet and living under a roof. Look at people living on the streets... even them, whose lives suck more then ours, are at least sane and intellectual enough not to kill themselves. Here are some threads I have read a little before posting this....

"My dad calls me a loser for playing video games, like guitar hero..."

Are you kidding me? You are complaining because you are called a loser for over-using your video game console. Holy shit, does your life suck. I bet thousands of kids would love a 300$ xbox system. But no, you need to complain a little more, just to get that attention because yours parents didn't hug you enough.

Some of these stories and threads are almost as ridicules as...

"I'm going to kill myself. I asked my parents for a Nintendo Wii and they gave me a Nintendo DS."

Crazy, right? I know. How are your stories different?

How about you engage in social activities? Not sit alone at lunch. Spend less time ranting online (no contradiction intended), and go outside. Go read, gather information, work out, do something. Make friends... It's not hard. Look, I'm pretty sure if all you suicidal and self harming people gathered together, you'd have a nice group of friends... But no, you purposely isolate yourselves.

Unless someone can give me a REAL reason to kill themselves, my perspective will change. No matter how many bad things happen in your life, you should be able to become stronger from it. Girlfriend dumped you? You now know what to do in the next relationship to have an even better one then before. Parents divorced? Now you know that something so heart-breaking can't even effect you. Pull yourselves together.

Ask me questions, dispute against me, argue with me, seek contradictions, respond...

I will be active on this thread.

Yours truly, Mike (that asshole on the internet).
    • Re: Are you all serious?... [Yes, I dislike all of you]

I see where you're coming from. I guess it's cool to be depressed these days?

Many people don't know what depression is. It's an illness an not something you just catch onto. People saying they are going to kill themselves over the pettiest of reasons is stupid and in many cases is (as you said) a way of attracting attention.

That being said, we can't ignore the kids that DO have depression, it's a nasty thing that will just get worse over time.

My advise to everyone is to get diagnosed before coming here and seeking advise on what to do.

Many people don't realise how good their life really is. As you said above, I'm sure there are plenty of people wanting to be in their position.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

good job dude :)
      um im depressed and suicidal and yah i live a life thats sounds a lot like yours.
      dont hate everyone whos 'suicidal' the queer little whiners please.
      i know a ton of them and yes they piss the shit out of me too.
      but again dont over look the people who arnt like those kids
      thanks dude um so yah liked your post
      answer fast

metalforlife_1 wrote:

good job dude :)
      um im depressed and suicidal and yah i live a life thats sounds a lot like yours.
      dont hate everyone whos 'suicidal' the queer little whiners please.
      i know a ton of them and yes they piss the shit out of me too.
      but again dont over look the people who arnt like those kids
      thanks dude um so yah liked your post
      answer fast

I'm glad you enjoyed reading.

I have nothing against depressed people. Hey, everyone's depressed at least one point in their life. I don't "hate" suicidal people or depressed people. I hate the "emotional" and "attention seekers." And I just really don't understand suicidal people. I'm sorry if it offends anyone, but don't be a pussy.

Life is better when you pick the pieces up and move on, and strive for a "happy life."

Life sucks when you sit there, with the pieces on the ground, doing nothing to fix your life, and you just complain, and think life would be better if you were dead. That's why you're suicidal. Because you aren't "moving on," and you're choosing to have a shitty life. I've seen more smiles on homeless people, then emo kids in my school. Something is wrong there....

I do get what you mean. but you most likely have your parents, family, & friends, right?
      What about the people who don't? Who are they gonna talk to when their upset?

And ya i'll admit it i've got friends like that, and i used to be like that, & i still am a bit like that. But people who talk on the internet about wanting to kill themselves are talking to other people like that because they don't have anyone to talk to. And you might say "well why don't they make friends" they probably have friends, but you can have friends and they can quite possibly not even know whats going on your life.

If your not depressed it doesn't mean the rest of the world isn't aloud to be.

janegsd014 wrote:

I do get what you mean. but you most likely have your parents, family, & friends, right?
      What about the people who don't? Who are they gonna talk to when their upset?

And ya i'll admit it i've got friends like that, and i used to be like that, & i still am a bit like that. But people who talk on the internet about wanting to kill themselves are talking to other people like that because they don't have anyone to talk to. And you might say "well why don't they make friends" they probably have friends, but you can have friends and they can quite possibly not even know whats going on your life.

If your not depressed it doesn't mean the rest of the world isn't aloud to be.

1.) All right, so for that one out of every 1000 wrist-cutters who actually have not one family member, not one friend, not one teacher and not one peer, then yes, life must suck. But whose fault is it, that you don't have any friends? It's your poor self esteem. Any person, of any religion, color, shape and size can make a friend.... Why can't you? Because you are scared of the world? You are afraid of rejection? You are afraid of society? Well, come to realization that life is better when you aren't suicidal, and when your wrists aren't bleeding. Everyone has some depression in their lives... how is it that they can cope with their emotional pains? You are outcasted, because you outcast yourself.

2.) I understand why suicidal people want to talk to suicidal people, but my concern is why people are suicidal? Yet, no one gives me a good reason to kill yourself. It seems like people are weak... and they use this excuse and cry for attention. My life sucks at some points, but I am happy. I make the best of it.... "Well, not everyone can be like you." Actually, you can. You just choose not to.

3.) I get depressed. So does everyone.
    • coolchrisVV2 wrote:

I understand what your message was
      and I try just to filter everything and ignore it

*playing the world's smallest violin for you*

Listen, I don't need a violin played for me. Save it for the "emotionals" and the "suicidals." It's 2 in the morning on a school night, I honestly have nothing better to do then rant on the internet. So I'm not trying to get a message across, I am simply expressing a view.

So, filter and ignore everything I said, like most of you wrist-cutters, and take matters into your own hands. Cut yourselves, I'm sure it feels great. Make a thread saying, "I hate my life. Mom and Dan won't take me to Baskin Robbins on my birthday to get ice cream."

Orion wrote:

narrow minded..

Nice. Now I understand. I think you deserve the most intellectual and persuasive award.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Matt: Merged Double Post ().

• You want a reason for someone to kill themselves?
      What if someone's whole family died? There's a reason.

Ya, i get its your opinion, and that it's up to people to make friends themselves.
      People are aloud to make mistakes, and do what they want its their life.

And why are you talking about it if you don't care?

And btw, people choose the way they want to be. Its not up to you, or anyone else.

I think i get it. You think people are just being depressed 'cause they don't get what they want? That so aint it.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Matt: Merged Posts (4) ().

I'm not out of line. I realistic. I'm someone who can give an explanation on why society looks down upon people who cut themselves. I'm someone who can explain why you are stereotyped. Here I am. Don't let me hurt your feelings, let me inform and educate you.

Let's see. There are how many people who engage in self harm and suicide? Let's say 10,000 people a year. Now, out of those 10,000 people, how many of them had their ENTIRE family die. Maybe 1, or none. That is unlikely. Yeah, there is always that one person, but I am speaking of majority. I am speaking on behalf of all the kids who are using their computers to complain about how their life sucks...

I know people can do whatever they want. I am here for an explanation on why someone would choose such a depressing life style. And don't say they don't choose it, because they do. Only you can put a razor to your wrist, and only you can attempt suicide. No one else. Attention? Because I sure as hell know it's not to "cope with problems." There are millions of ways to cope with problems, and I don't see how cutting yourself, or being suicidal is the "best" way. Everyone knows it isn't.
    • janegsd014 wrote:

Ya, but your the one who asked for a reason.
      I'll admit it, ya its stupid, & i do it.
      It aint all about attention

"I'll admit it, ya it's stupid..."

Well there you go, thanks for proving my entire point.

It is stupid... Thank you.

janegsd014 wrote:

Then tell me other ways to cope.
      Besides a theripst.

Read
      Play Video Games
      Go On This Site
      Play Sports
      Exercise
      Watch Movies
      Listen to Music
      Pick Up A Hobbie
      Draw
      Play An Instrument
      Dance
      Run
      Lift Weights
      Write
      Get A Job
      Attempt to Make Friends
      Hang Out With Friends
      Find A Girl
      Eat Food
      Go Outside

The list goes on and on and on.

• dude, my parents are divorced, 2 of my cousins died within a week of each other, & i had to move 3,000 miles away, but then i moved back. So for you is that enough reasons?

I already do half of those things. (& u mean guy)

Btw, i got plenty of friends, that don't cut. But yet they only live as if everything is perfect.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Matt: Merged Triple Post ().

janegsd014 wrote:

dude, my parents are divorced, 2 of my cousins died within a week of each other, & i had to move 3,000 miles away, but then i moved back. So for you is that enough reasons?

No. My parents divorced when I was 3. My Mom moved to California because our apartment in a bad neighborhood got evicted, so my Mom had to sell her car, to buy a plane ticket to California. I live with my Dad, who married a 22 year old stripper, and had 4 kids. I was not invited to their wedding. My step-mom is a stripper, my dad is a bouncer, and I basically live on my own.

There is a brief summary of my passed 8 months. Do I cut myself? No.

I actually have a great life. I "cope" by hanging out with friends, and spending time with my girlfriend. I couldn't be happier with me life. I have friends who parents died, and they have just as much fun as me.

This is why I don't understand why some people are suicidal. My life is worst then some wrist-cutters, and I still have an amazing life... Because I make the best out of every situation, and I live my life to the fullest. You live once, you can spend your life sobbbing, crying and hating everything, or you can be strong and have fun and actually live you life.
    • Sorry! I didn't realise. But i never realise anything 'cause im annoying & stupid.

This is going to sound like a really really stupid question, but how can you cope? I can't. I've tried but i can't.
      Btw, i didn't start to cut by myself, my friend got me to, so then i guess she aint really my friend.

• janegsd014 wrote:

Sorry! I didn't realise. But i never realise anything 'cause im annoying & stupid.

See, that's your problem!

You people think so negatively about everything. "Im so fat, I'm so annoying, I'm so dumb, blah blah blah."

Everyone has things wrong with them. Everyone has shitty lives. Everything thinks they are not good enough. Everyone is depressed. But I am certain, that your life is defiantly going to suck if you hate your life. Of course you are going to kill yourself when you think you have nothing to live for. Try to be optimistic for once. Realize that: "Hey, maybe if I stop thinking about all the bad things in life, and start thinking about the good things, maybe my life will be better."

Instead of cutting yourself, go outside with friends, or do anything else!

Just realize that people have so much worse lives then you, and that being sad all the time is just going to make everything worse on yourself. You live once, why live sad? Just be happy. It's not hard. It's really not. I've been depressed, but I try everything I can do to be happy, and look, I am.

Stop saying your annoying, stupid, etc. Who care? It's you're own life. You can be whatever you want to be, wheather it's annoying, stupid, etc. You can be sad, but why would you want to be? Only you can control your happiness.

janegsd014 wrote:

This is going to sound like a really really stupid question, but how can you cope? I can't. I've tried but i can't.
      Btw, i didn't start to cut by myself, my friend got me to, so then i guess she aint really my friend.

I cope by spending all my free time going out with friends and seeing my girlfriend. They always cheer me up, and I always have a good time when I am with them.

I also work. And with the money I make, I buy things that make me happy. New clothes, games, whatever.

You obviously haven't tried everything. Because it doesn't make sense that cutting yourself makes you happy... seriously, there is no logic in that. You can stop, and if you try to cope other ways, and still can't be happy at all, then go to see shrink. That's what they are there for. That's their job.

You can do it alone though. My best friends dad was a cop, and he got shot in the face last halloween, and it was nation-wide news. I hang out with him every weekend, and all though he still may be depressed, he still grows stronger from everything, and still has a good time, without being suicidal.

First, I'd like to say that I did enjoy reading your post. Congrats for having a concise thought process that is understandable.

Second, I'm not sure I understand the reason for your post. While you are certainly correct in many of your assertions, I can't see why you need to express them. You are obviously intelligent, and surely you must know that some people may get their feelings hurt from your opinions.

And I'd just like to add that while, indeed, many people just sit and cry about their life and what they don't have, there are some who desperately try to be happy and who just aren't. What about people who have everything and who are still miserable? While it is good in theory to actively live a better life and be a happier person, happiness may just be unattainable for some people.
      [SIZE="2"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]The success or failure of your deeds does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed. Judge yourself by the intention of your actions and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way.
      ~Oma Desala, Stargate SG-1, Episode "Meridian"[/SIZE][/COLOR]