...and I've fallen for a straight boy.

• ...and I've fallen for a straight boy.

First off, let me introduce myself. This is my first post, and I really think I could get some very good advise from this forum. I'm 17 years old, a high school senior, and I'm gay. Here is my current situation.

At the beginning of this school year, a new boy came to attend our highschool. He's the type of guy that could have any girl he wanted. He's beautiful. Blonde hair, beautiful eyes, a gorgeous smile...his personality is amazing...

Anyway, like me, he enjoys highschool theatre. Our production for the fall got started, he auditioned, and was basically my right-hand-man in the show. Over time, I started realizing that I was developing a crush on him. We weren't all that close, I was basically just his friend onstage. We rarely talked outside of the theate, maybe just a "hey" every now and again.

We're friends, and I'm comfortable around him, and that only grew from the show. After it was over, I would comment him on Myspace, etc. Well, the whole problem started with a comment. I commented one of his pictures - on of him holding his new puppy - and asked him if he wanted to know what was on my Christmas list. He replied curiously, and I replied "Your dog", sort of adding a sexual innuendo. He didn't get it, i don't think.

Around Thanksgiving, I posted a blog basically confessing my love for him. I didn't mention any names, but I basically told him exactly how I felt about him. I didn't even know he would read it. I wasn't expecting him to. A day after I posted it, he posted a bulletin saying he was feeling things he'd never felt before. I replied, jokingly, and said I hoped he had finally realized we were meant to be together.

Long story short, and since the time of Thanksgiving, he has basically told me that he likes me. He's never had feelings for a guy before, and he likes me. He's not strong enough to be open about it, meaning we can't have anything. He also likes one of my best friends, a girl. He can be open with her. He's telling me all of these things about how he wishes he could be with me, and how he thinks about it all the time. But then I see him kissing her, and hugging her, and being with her I can't say anything about it. Because I'm the only one who knows about us. It hurts so bad to see the guy that I love, and who might actually love me back, kissing and loving on someone else.

What should I do? I told him that he needed to go ahead an ask her out because she likes him and he likes her. He said no. I told him that I would leave the picture if I needed to. He told me he didn't want me to leave..

I just really don't know where to go from here. He wants to kiss me and I want to kiss him, and I will. But how can I keep hoping and falling for this guy, when I know there is no possibility of a relationship? And also the fact that in 6 months, we'll be graduated and on our seperate paths.

Im at a loss. I love him. I want him. But I can't have him.

Sigh.

Help?

The post was edited 1 time, last by wafflehouse2005 ().

• Re: ...and I've fallen for a straight boy.

...So...wait....he says he never liked a guy...but likes YOU. Then he goes and makes out with a girl.....but does not want to ask her out? O.o
      That is one confused individual there.
      Why does he not want to be open about it? Is it the reputation he is worried about? Does he have something at stake that depends on his orientation?

Personally never dealt with anything remotely close to this....but fill me in, maybe we can stir think something up.
      The King of Mind-Fuck

Yes. He says he's never felt this way before. These are his exact words in regards to the girl:

"She's awesome, and I'm not going to lie. I like her. But here's the problem...I like you too."

And we live in rural Georgia, where it's not ok to be gay, or bi. And he's such a ladies man, he's afraid that if anything gets out, he'll be ruined for life.

When I told him to ask her out, he said "No..it would be wrong."

But he sits and tells her that they'll be together soon. She's expecting it to happen, and I hate seeing her waitng for something, when all the same time he's telling me he isn't going to. That's why I was going to just leave the picture, so they could be together. But he doesn't want me to leave. I don't want to leave either, but if I know there's no chance in hell in having a relationship, why should I stop the only plausible outcome from happening? But he told me not to leave...

And that's exactly what he says. That he is utterly, profoundly confused. And I believe him..

wafflehouse2005 wrote:

And we live in rural Georgia, where it's not ok to be gay, or bi.

Sorry, i'm curious, but where exactly do you live? Have you heard of North Gwinnett High? I go there, there's quite a few gay students there. Like 3 gay guys asked me out, they didn't know I was straight though X(

Yeah, lol....anyway you live close to NGHS?

What if he is....you know....an attention whore? Or maybe a drama queen (no pun intended)?

I mean think about it...he tells her he will be with her...but that si clearly bullshit. Then he has you...whom he "can't" be with...but he asks you to stay...

In my opinion what he is doing is extremely selfish. He has two people running in circles around them...eventually not having them but not letting them leave.

I don't want to suggest to tell him to fuck off be cause I am not in your position.....but that is what I would have one. However, I think telling him to figure it out and then "get back to you" so to speak would be best. This will only cause you pain and (perhaps) false hope. You can't spend your nights crying (figuratively speaking) which his majesty "decides". Know what I mean?
      The King of Mind-Fuck

He's just very confused. You can try telling him that you'll forget about him and move on, since it's unlikely that you two will be together in the future. Even if you two get together, the chances of having a relationship beyond graduation is slim, so it might be best to forget about it. If he's worried about his reputation, he won't try that hard; he'll go for the girl. Then you'll know whether or not he really deserves your affections.

Otherwise, if he can overcome his own confusion, which by the way is selfish like Anton said, to pursue a short relationship with you, then just take what you can get. Live in the moment, since there might not be anything like this in the future again.

Support Leader,
      Kase~
      [CENTER][SIZE=4][/SIZE][SIZE=4]
      [/SIZE]
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      [/CENTER]

Lachlan wrote:

Invite him over to your house, make sure your parents are gone, and the two of you can kiss and fuck and have all the fun you want :D

Haha. That would be a dream come true.

Thanks to everone else, as well. This is what I need. Outside help, because I can't talk to anyone at school about this..

DeamonD: That's what I had originally intended on doing. I told him that I was going crazy, and yes, literally crying myself to sleep everynight. And then again, he told me to wait on him. And I can't help but thinking about what he may be telling her. I know he hasnt said anything about me inparticular, but she's my best friend so she tells me every little update between them. So I have to be happy for her. And that's what hurts the most, having to sit there and smile everytime she says his name. She shows me the messages that says he's "tying up loose ends and taking care of some things." So I don't know.

Kase: Thank you for your responce as well. When I first realized I was falling for him, I never in a million years would have thought he had/is having bisexual tendencies. I never dreamed there would even be a remote chance, and that's what's making harder to walk away. I've gotten this far with him, why not just ride it out and see what happens?

I don't know. I want to get over him, but I know that if I have to walk into school everyday and see his face, I can't. But at the same time I want to just remain in the shadows, kiss him every once in a while, and be thankful that I've got what I have..

meet him outside school, or invite him round..

only way it is going to work..

just make sure he is not playing a joke on you..

unless your not afraid of that.
      this signature is the one i used when i signed up for teenhut when i was in what... year 8? thats 4 years ago... god my graphical skills sucked!
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

To be honest, for this kind of thing, I would just get with him, do the whole you know what what, and see what happens from there. If he likes the girl, to be honest I think he should choose her, but if he still has feelings for you, at least have them expressed before moving on, in a sense.

I'm not sure if I mean it right, sounds like you should just have a fling. See what happens, and post back..xD.
      http://www.neobux.com/?rh=64656C6C697374657237
      Earn money by looking advertisements! Help yourself and help me by using the link provided :D.

Well first off--I feel for you. Love that seems unrequited and homophobic society aren't easy. Here's sending you compassion and hope!

But note the "seems" in the sentence above... I bet that he really does want you, a lot more than he wants your friend, and what seems very likely is that he has chosen her because it's safe. I could be wrong, but this sounds like a common and unfortunate situation, for all three of you...

Even if you are going to college, you guys can keep in touch. (Although once you're separated from him you might start to get over him or find someone new, as unlikely as that might sound now...) If you feel that there really is nothing you can do, hold out for college where you might find someone new. But if you are desperate things to change, talk to him about the coming out process and maybe suggest a support group--I don't know Georgia well but I imagine there is someone or some organization you can go to. (Does your school have a GSA?) If he can feel secure with himself when he is with you, then it might be easier for him to let your friend know he really has stronger feelings for you.

Then again I could be wrong about all this...

Have you shown him this conversation on Teenhut? It might be interesting for you to see his reaction to all our comments.

Good luck!!!
      [FONT="Garamond"]
      [SIZE="4"]I will compose until I decompose. :p[/SIZE]
      [/FONT]

It sounds to me (To use a clique) he wants to have his cake and eat it. You clearly like him alot which is probably going to be your undoing because you'll tolerate all the garbage he throws at you and you'll take it. Sure he gives the occasional wink and smile but how can he say he likes you alot then go and facelessly kiss and embrace another girl knowing that it will be tearing you up inside? If he liked you enough he wouldn't care what people thought - but clearly he doesn't want to do that which should set alarm bells off in your head. To him - your his toy.You get used occasionally for that quick thrill then you get put away. You deserve more than this and you should make it clear that this is the case.
      :hugs: The Heartbreak Kid is in the house. :hugs:

Agreed,...this is a very troubling situation! In my experience, a LOT of people whoare involved in theatre at some point have a little "gay"-feelings, which could very well be what he's feeling now and confused. Well, I think it's clear he's confused. He may be straight in the future, but he could also be gay. The society/town you described only makes it worse, as other posters said; also high school is incredibly rough time to "come out"...and you deserve your props for doing it! HS is drama & gossip filled, something that college isn't as big of a problem.

I'd be suprised to see his feelings towards you after graduation, as in the summer time. You may find some big differences, you may not. As everyone knows, people who are "different" aren't always the most liked in HS and it must be that that he's feeling -- he doesn't want to be gay because it's still "different"/"wrong" in plenty of people's minds.

And as werewolf said, make sure he in geniune. Don't put everything on the table if he may be pulling a "joke" on you. I'm not saying he is, but going to a highschool where several kids decided to come out on facebook/myspace blogs, it is occassionally the joke and everyone knows. But I go to a private school which is probably much smaller than your high school!

Please update us on anything :).

And may I ask what show it was ;)? Was it Pimpernel??!
      Oh Pimpy how the Frenches do emplore you!

[LEFT]--Greg :)[/LEFT]

Hey guys, sorry it's been a while I'm working on a college audition and things have been kind of crazy. But I thought I would update you all:)

First off, thanks for all of your responces!! It has really helped me.

Since my last post, not too much has happened. Except for one thing.

The other night at rehearsal for our new show, it was pretty much decided we were going to kiss. He knew it, I knew it, we knew when...it was going to happen. All night he had been saying things like "im nervous, but excited", and other things to indicate he was going to go through with it.

Time comes: he's not there. I recieve a text..: "I'm too scared".

I was pretty upset that night. He knew it. He apologized over and over, and said he didn't know why he chickened out. I basically told him that I was done trying to make things happen, and that "from now on, nothing is going to happen until you initiate it, because that way i'll know for damn sure it's what you want."

Since then, we've apologized, i felt as though i had no right to be upset. It's his first time, and if he's even half as nervous as i was, i can understand.

He then said, later in a message:

"i still want to kiss you. we will."

so, at this moment....guess what i'm doing?

...still waiting.

So, that's where we are at this point. I'm honestly tired of it. But I can't walk away.

ScarletPimpernell: No, it wasn't. It was Godspell.

Sillyme: I completely agree. He has gotten better about loving up on her around me, which i sincerely appreciate.

musicgeek: Thank you. Oh, and now he's saying he's going to apply to the same college as me. I don't know if I want him too, unless he confesses his undying love for me, and we can be together.

:rolleyes:
      Guess what.

I love boys.

ok, listen to me. sit down and just talk to him about everything. talk about possibilities, if its not ok to be gay and open about it where you live, then dont be open about it, seem like your just good friends and behind closed doors be something more. he's scared, believe me, he wont stop being scared till the ice is broken. stop waiting, just do it. and dont plan it, dont do anything like that, when you talk, just grab him and kiss him. just do it, dont think about it, just dive right in. if he responds...then you've got him. :)

and seen as you are graduating soon, at college you can be as gay as you like, I'm sure there more accepting, and if their not, get a dorm together if you can and just be together. :)

Have fun and I wish you the best of luck.

pm me if you want to talk more.
      [SIZE=2]Gay and looking for a friend? Hell, any sexuality is welcome. PM ME FRIENDS VERY WELCOME! hehe[/SIZE]

Reliving life as I should. :)

maybe so, just try not to get too deep, look hun, if things become real with you two, yeah you could work out really well...or it could all fall apart. he will obviously still like and desire girls, that can cause problems. I'm not saying you shouldnt give it a shot, believe me, you should and I wish you the best of hapiness. :) but just be prepared that things might go wrong.

I'll be here fio you need me.
      [SIZE=2]Gay and looking for a friend? Hell, any sexuality is welcome. PM ME FRIENDS VERY WELCOME! hehe[/SIZE]

Reliving life as I should. :)

do ore die time... id personaly leave him... i dont think waiting is going to do much...

now in the words of peppy hair (lylatwars on N64) dont give up.. trust your instincts...
      this signature is the one i used when i signed up for teenhut when i was in what... year 8? thats 4 years ago... god my graphical skills sucked!
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]