Politics + Friends. Hand-in-hand?

• Politics + Friends. Hand-in-hand?

I was wondering if others sort of pick friends/enemies based on political views. For me, political views decide who my close friends are or not. Most of my close friends are liberal like me and my somewhat friends are conservatives. I guess it's that way because we agree less on politics and other things in general?

What about you? What role does politics play in your relations? Should it even play a role in the first place?
      [CENTER]i found jesus
      [SIZE=1]...
      in a gay bar.
      [/SIZE]
      [/CENTER]
    • Re: Politics + Friends. Hand-in-hand?

well usually people will have more in common with people whos morals/beliefs are similar to there own
      im a revolutionist ans most of my friends like fighting the system so i guess we have similar beliefs
      [I]Any man can have one really bad day and end up just like me HA HA HA[/I]

For me it does play but not that much , which means i wont judge anyone or any friend of mine by what his political views are , after all its his views . And deciding friendship shouldnt be related to anything other than trust and caring and stuff . Talking about my self am between Moderate Party and Secularized Party although most of my best-friends are either liberal or conservatives . Moreover Am a Muslim but i do have Jew Christian friends .

So I guess friendship and Social relations must not be built after political or religious views .
      Politics is something and Social relations is something else .

No they don't. I once made the mistake of bringing up politics with a friend regarding immigration and multiculturalism and discovering we held massively differing views. But I still really like the guy, I just remember not to bring it up again.
      [CENTER]

[RIGHT]Ta-ta
      [/RIGHT]
      [/CENTER]

Nope. I'm apolitical, as in I see good and bad in each political system, but choose not to accept one over the others because that's just picking the best of the worst.

I'm completely for fighting the system, yet I'm a pacifist. The only wars I would ever get involved in for support would be a revolution.
      [CENTER][SIZE=1][SIGPIC]http://img513.imageshack.us/my.php?image=banksy10243ee2.jpg[/SIGPIC][/SIZE][SIZE=1]
      [SIZE=2]It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder.[/SIZE]
      [/SIZE]

[/CENTER]

i hate politics with a passion.
      for many obvious reasons,
      and some not so much
      [SIZE=2]'The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.'[/SIZE]