God...

• well.. i thought just so i know where i stand in regards to religion.. can anyone tell me what the bible says about homosexuality..

everyone says it condemns it.. but.. anyone got an example..
      :confused:
      this signature is the one i used when i signed up for teenhut when i was in what... year 8? thats 4 years ago... god my graphical skills sucked!
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    • The bible is written by man, not a God or a deity, there for what the bible says you can never take as Gods word, personally if I was to think from a religious view I don't see how God would be against homosexuality as he created the person so he made them homosexual.
      [COLOR="Plum"][FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="4"]Shoegazer...[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]
    • [FONT=trebuchet ms,arial,helvetica]"In the Gospel of John, the disciple John frequently refers to himself in the third person as 'the disciple whom Jesus loved'." 4 One might argue that Jesus loved all of his followers in a non-sexual way. Thus to identify Jesus' love for John in a special way might indicate a sexual relationship. The disciple was "the" beloved. He was in a class by himself. [/FONT][FONT=trebuchet ms,arial,helvetica]During the Last Supper before Jesus' execution, the author(s) of the Gospel of John describes how the "beloved" disciple laid himself on Jesus' inner tunic -- his undergarment. See John 13:25 and 21:20. Robert Goss, assistant professor of comparative religion at Webster University in St. Louis, LA, noted that Jesus and the beloved disciple: "... eat together, side by side. What's being portrayed here is a pederastic relationship between an older man and a younger man. A Greek reader would understand." 5 Jesus appears to have loved all of his male and female followers in a close, trusting, non-erotic manner.

[/FONT][FONT=trebuchet ms,arial,helvetica]Jenny Stokes, research director for Saltshakers, a conservative Christian group in Australia, said that there are five words for love in Greek (the language in which the Gospels were written: [/FONT]
      [FONT=trebuchet ms,arial,helvetica]Agape: spiritual, unconditional love, [/FONT][FONT=trebuchet ms,arial,helvetica]Eros: erotic love, [/FONT]
      [FONT=trebuchet ms,arial,helvetica]Philia: love between friends,[/FONT] [FONT=trebuchet ms,arial,helvetica]Storge: familial love.[/FONT]
      [FONT=trebuchet ms,arial,helvetica]The Gospel references to "the disciple whom Jesus loved" use the word "agape." Whether the authors originally used "eros" and the word was subsequently changed is open to speculation.[/FONT]

[FONT=trebuchet ms,arial,helvetica]"Jagannath" interprets the Gospels differently. He argues that Jesus may have been bisexual. He wrote: [/FONT] [FONT=trebuchet ms,arial,helvetica][INDENT][INDENT] "In the Book of John a word is used eight times that means 'is in love with' with the implication of sexual intimacy. Five times it is used with reference to Jesus' relationship with John. Once it is used to define Jesus' relationship with Lazarus. And it is also used to describe his relationship with Mary and with her sister Martha."
      [/INDENT][/INDENT][/FONT] [FONT=trebuchet ms,arial,helvetica]During the crucifixion, in John 19:26-28, Jesus is described as seeing his mother and an unidentified man: "the disciple standing by, whom he loved." Again, Jesus probably loved all of his 12 or 70 disciples in a non-sexual manner. But this particular disciple is identified as "the" disciple who Jesus loved. That might indicate a special intimate relationship with one special disciple.[/FONT] [FONT=trebuchet ms,arial,helvetica]The late Morton Smith, of Columbia University reported in 1958 that he had found a fragment of a manuscript which at the Mar Saba monastery near Jerusalem. It contained the full text of Mark, chapter 10. Apparently the version that is in the Christian Scriptures is an edited version of the original. Additional verses allegedly formed part of the full version of Mark, and were inserted after verse 34. It discusses how a young man, naked but for a linen covering, expressed his love for Jesus and stayed with him at his place all night. [/FONT][FONT=trebuchet ms,arial,helvetica]"J Richards" suggested that Mark 7:14-16 shows that Jesus approves of homosexual acts. The critical phrase reads: "There is nothing from without a man, that entering into him can defile him..." Richards suggests that Jesus gave great emphasis to this teaching, directing it to everyone. Richards suggests that the sentence refers to dietary laws and also extends to "blood transfusions, medication, organ transplants, and artificial insemination" and to homosexual acts as well.

On the other hand, these words have historically been interpreted as overturning the Mosaic law about eating, [/FONT][FONT=trebuchet ms,arial,helvetica]Rollan McCleary, was awarded his doctorate from the University of Queensland in Australia during 2003-MAY for his work researching the sexual orientation of Jesus and his disciples. He obtained about $33,000 US in funding from the government to finance his degree. He concluded that Jesus and at least three of his disciples were gay. He based this conclusion on excerpts from the Gospel of John and on Jesus' astrological chart based on the approximate year, month, day and place where he was born. But not even the year of Jesus' birth is known. Many theologians have concluded that Jesus was born sometime in the Fall, between 4 and 7 BCE. Also, there is disagreement about where Jesus was born. Different theologians argue Bethlehem in Judea, Nazareth, and Bethlehem in the Galilee. The task of creating an astrological chart appears quite impossible. Dr. McCleary told Australian Broadcasting Commission radio that, in the past, "one or two queer theologians" had attempted to show Jesus was gay. "People haven't taken them very seriously because they don't have any evidence and they say things so sensationally that people are not really going to listen or just be very angry. What I'm doing is showing a much more theological and also astrological dimension on all this which will make a lot more sense to people." He has written a book based on his doctoral thesis which was published in 2004.[/FONT] [FONT=trebuchet ms,arial,helvetica]Mark 14:51-52 describes the incident when Jesus was arrested by the religious police. It describes how one of Jesus' followers was scantily dressed. The King James Version says he had a linen cloth cast on his naked body; the size and location of the cloth is not defined. The New International Version says that he was "wearing nothing but a linen garment." When the police tried to seize him, they were able to grab only his cloth; the man ran away naked. Reverend Peter Murphy wrote: "We don't know from the sources what really was going on, but we do know that something was very peculiar between Jesus and young men." (Emphasis in the original.)[/FONT] [FONT=trebuchet ms,arial,helvetica]Michael Kelly wrote of Jesus' attitude towards a same-sex couple as described in Matthew 8:5-13: and Luke 7:2: "One day a Roman Centurion asked him to heal his dying servant. Scholars of both Scripture and Ancient History tell us that Roman Centurions, who were not permitted to marry while in service, regularly chose a favorite male slave to be their personal assistant and sexual servant. Such liaisons were common in the Greco-Roman world and it was not unusual for them to deepen into loving partnerships....Jesus offered to go to the servant, but the centurion asked him simply to speak a word of healing, since he was not worthy to welcome this itinerant Jewish teacher under his roof. Jesus responded by healing the servant and proclaiming that even in Israel he had never found faith like this! So, in the one Gospel story where Jesus encountered people sharing what we would call a 'gay relationship,' we see him simply concerned about — and deeply moved by — their faith and love." Kelly implies that Jesus' sensitivity towards the gay couple might have arisen from his own bisexual or homosexual orientation. [/FONT][FONT=trebuchet ms,arial,helvetica]sex is referred to, elsewhere in the Bible, quite often. One might argue that the books in the Christian Scriptures might have once described Jesus' sexual relationships, but that these passages have been vigorously censored by the later church because they were unconventional.[/FONT] [FONT=trebuchet ms,arial,helvetica]Other commentators have noted that Jesus is silent towards homosexuality in the Gospels. Yet, Paul's opinions and those of many other authors in the Hebrew Scriptures (Old Testament) are clearly stated. They conclude that Jesus might have been gay. Odler Jeanlouie speculated: "Is it meaningful that, in the Sermon on the Mount, central to his teaching, he offered a one-way trip to the Kingdom of God, to anyone who is persecuted?" [/FONT]
    • Dezer wrote:

The bible is written by man, not a God or a deity, there for what the bible says you can never take as Gods word, personally if I was to think from a religious view I don't see how God would be against homosexuality as he created the person so he made them homosexual.

bible was written by man with the guide of the holy spirit, they worked as a team. The books of the bible were all "inspired" not made up.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    • does it really matter? the bible was written by man, not by god. if it was really a great sin, why'd he create us this way? why did he put our g spot in our ass, and why the hell doesn't he strike me with a bolt of lightning.

believe in god, not a book.
      [SIZE=2]Gay and looking for a friend? Hell, any sexuality is welcome. PM ME FRIENDS VERY WELCOME! hehe[/SIZE]

Reliving life as I should. :)
    • jaco123 wrote:

bible was written by man with the guide of the holy spirit, they worked as a team. The books of the bible were all "inspired" not made up.

the brothers grim stories are over 60 years old, in that time they have changed from horror's, to disney childresn films.

that was in 60 years.

the bible has been around for 1500 years since the days of emproer constantine of rome. in that time it has been translated 16 times, revised 22 times, and studied by an array of 40 different scholeres from the vatican alone, and not all the aramaic script has actually been translated from the original host yet.

I fail to see how any story can even resemble the original version after all that.b afterall, there are few facts. fact 1, there was a great flood. fact 2, jesus existed and got in trouble alot by claiming himself the son of god.

other than deciple testimonies, some which vary I might add, there is no physical proof jesus was anything other than a mad man with followers.

now I am not trying to disporve the religion, just the bible.

believe in god, not a book.

homosexuality is NOT wrong.
      [SIZE=2]Gay and looking for a friend? Hell, any sexuality is welcome. PM ME FRIENDS VERY WELCOME! hehe[/SIZE]

• The people who wrote the bible could have just been a bunch of Homosexual hating idiots for all I care.
      I beileve in God because I have been rasied that way, But the Homosexual thing is the one thing that ticks me off the most in the bible. So I ingore it and alot of others do to.
      Have what ever Sexually you want.
      :dontpoke-1: <---Me on my Bad days...

:smash:The Blue Guy equals Chuck Norris. The Green One is Alice Cullen. -CNFAC BABY!
    • Cirrax Lankart wrote:

I fail to see how any story can even resemble the original version after all that.b afterall, there are few facts. fact 1, there was a great flood. fact 2, jesus existed and got in trouble alot by claiming himself the son of god.

I apologise, jesus only ever claimed himself 1 of 5 masiah's, a prophet of the lord. it was emproer constantine that decreed he be proclaimed the son of god.

(religious people dont bother attacking what I've said, its proven fact, check your history)

• Leviticus 20:13
      If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.

Effectively, homosexuals will be put to death for being homosexual. Fortunately, a lot of religious stigma has decreased. It's still there, but not to such an extreme.
    • Cirrax Lankart wrote:

homosexuals must be put to death...but dont the bible say thou shalt not kill.

how can thou not kill, when thou is comanded to kill.

conclusion,
      bible sucks monkey bollocks.

The Bible is one massive ball of contradictions. Love thy fellow man, love thy neighbour, yet if thy neighbour follows a different "inferior" religion, feel free to kick the fuck out of him.
    • :( confused.. not caring..

thanks everyone but ive lost interest.. i dont want to waste my time worshiping someone who condemns me.. :(

*sigh* would have liked to have got to known my creator... (why do i feel like frankenstein :()
      this signature is the one i used when i signed up for teenhut when i was in what... year 8? thats 4 years ago... god my graphical skills sucked!
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]