People in general...

• People in general...

This is like my number one pet hate, and it kind of relates back to labels and groups.
      Why do people change their views at the drop of a hat?
      They say "Oh I have my own opinion, of course I do..This is what I think..."
      Then when someone disagrees with them they completely change.
      THAT winds me up.
      Another thing that winds me up (here we go, I'm on a rant)..
      Is competition..
      Why do some people feel they have to compete against others in everything? From what they look like, to what they say, to how "liked" they are.
      It really is pathetic.
      So there, that is what has got on my nerves with people today.
      [CENTER][SIZE=5]Bexeh Boopeh[/SIZE][/CENTER]
      [CENTER][SIZE=1]//Sarcasm helps keep you from telling people what you really think of them\\[/SIZE][/CENTER]
    • Re: People in general...

I think that I am a person, and I have to say that I am quite fond of my opinions. I have arrived at my current state of opinion through logical thought and reason.
      But there are indeed too many people who are fickle. What they call an opinion is not really an opinion but some desire to either fit in with others or their inability to analyze information and form an opinion.
      [SIZE=1]"Religious suffering is the expression of real suffering and a protest against real suffering. Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature... It is the opium of the people." ~Karl Marx [/SIZE][SIZE=1]
      “Everything must justify its existence before the judgment seat of Reason, or give up existence”~ Engels[/SIZE]

Sorry, I didn't mean to generalize.
      I think that some people are so worried that others will think less of them if they don't have the same opinions that they change them around all the time.
      They need to stop thinking about what others think and more about what they actually believe themselves.
      Some of my friends have admitted to me that they can't actually form their own opinion because they don't know enough about whatever subject it is.
      If that's the case then maybe they should just say, "I don't know".
      Pride stops them from doing so I guess.
      [CENTER][SIZE=5]Bexeh Boopeh[/SIZE][/CENTER]
      [CENTER][SIZE=1]//Sarcasm helps keep you from telling people what you really think of them\\[/SIZE][/CENTER]

If people cannot form their own opinions or cannot make descisions, they ought not vote or take part in anything else that requires them to use their brains. Why should I suffer if an idiot does not like to think?
      Pride? Pride is a funny thing. It makes people do the most ignorant things.
      [SIZE=1]"Religious suffering is the expression of real suffering and a protest against real suffering. Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature... It is the opium of the people." ~Karl Marx [/SIZE][SIZE=1]
      “Everything must justify its existence before the judgment seat of Reason, or give up existence”~ Engels[/SIZE]

We all generalise otherwise we could not live in this world. Why do you trust a doctor? Because you generalise a doctor is honest and ethical to patients. It is like that all over life, good or bad. But some people's opinions are made by others and they just accept them as truth without thinking. Like religious people who think because some priest says god is there god is there.