I want to tell but I'm scared

• I want to tell but I'm scared

I want to tell my mom that I joined a class called AFJROTC (Air Force Junior ROTC) where the mission is to provide enhanced academic, leadership, community service, and physical fitness opportunities and experiences. My mom is scared that they're going to brainwash me and make me join a branch of the military after I graduate high school. It is true that you can earn a scholarship to the Academy, but my grades aren't anywhere NEAR good enough to get into the Academy, not that I want to anyways. I don't want to join the military, and they don't brainwash people. I'm in that class because I want to learn how to earn respect for myself and my peers. I want to learn how to present myself in an appropriate manner. But most of all I want to be able to discipline myself, and all of this is what AFJROTC can do for me. Also, when I graduate high school, they can help me find a job focusing on what I like to do. Next year I'll be working on the AFJROTC website because I love working with computers and Dreamweaver. :lovey: So all in all, AFJROTC isn't a bad class, but my mom won't believe me.

I have 2 things to request:
      1. How should I tell her I joined
      2. Would you write your (good) experiences with AFJROTC if you have had any?
    • Re: I want to tell but I'm scared

Well..first of all..chill...is that what u really want to do in life???? if it is...then u should tell her..tell her u joined..tell her isnt the reason why i lived?? 2 earn respect,and be respected and heard..i need u 2 listen 2 me and respect my opinions..im not young anymore..im mature enough 2 create my own future..my dastiny..nd u wont be with me everywhere u should let me decide by my own..& im ready 2 do this..becz life's short..da chance might go in a second and im not ready 2 lose it..so i want u to understand me and feel how i feel becz i dont want u 2 be unhappy abt sumthin i did that's gonna follow me all my life..but that's da truth..listen im not gonna tell u everythin just be U and tell her how U feel..in the end she' s ur mother she's gonna understand..i mean who should care abt u more then her? its her job! ;) , wish i could help!!!!!,
      Alissar

okay Dr. Phil(Alissar)..
      okay : michiko, y didn't u say all that speech u just posted to ur mom?!
      It's not wrong that u joined, but what's wrong is not telling ur mother!U are lying to her right now, how do u think that would make her feel?!I think that u should just tell her that u like that class and tell her every sinlge thing u said here, and I guaratee u she will accept it..cuz no mother would refuse her kid's happiness..
      wish u all the luck..

It is true, you can get a scholorship to one of the Acadmies (Naval, Air Force, whatever) even if they arent that good right now (depending on how bad they are, obviously they cant be Ds and Fs.)

When I joined the Navy my mom cried for I dont know how long (my dad died in the Gulf War, Army Pilot, and my brother in Iraq a few years ago, he was a Green Beret) but she is very proud of me and accepts the decision I have made on my own WITHOUT PRESSURE FROM ANYONE.

I was in NJROTC (Navy) and I loved it, you need to explain to her that even though you are in AFJROTC you do not have to join any branch of the military unless you want to.

Even though I was in NJROTC, the concept is still the same. Almost everyone in the program came on the first day not caring what they looked like, not respecting themselves or other people. Withing in 180 days or however many days we are in school, EVERYONE gained respect, gave respect and learned the most valuable things in life - God, Family and Country.

Ask me if you have anymore questions, I guarentee I can help you on this.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My beautiful daughter Megan

My girl, and my baby girl