God...

• Bebop wrote:

Like when they pass around the bowl for you to put money in at church? Sounds like a scam to me.

No, you didn't, but he brought up the idea of a scam. I was pointing out how the whole religious system could, in fact, be viewed as a scam by an atheist.

Actually, you just pointed out that only a part of the religious system could be a scam. And more than one religion does this.
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [/CENTER]
      [CENTER]We're the first to fight, the last to leave. We're your worst nightmare, and your greatest blessing. We are the US Marines!
      [/CENTER]
    • The Guardian wrote:

Are you so much, giving it to God? Or are you placing it in the hands of those you trust?(Ie; The church).

I don't trust churches. Trust has to be earned, first of all. All they want is your money...they should be burnt down. I think religion makes you a bad person more than a good person. It self-deludes everyone that follows it. Every person involved in religion is close-minded and likes to change fact. You can't change fact...yet they feel they can do it whenever they want to.
    • VenomX wrote:

I don't trust churches. Trust has to be earned, first of all. All they want is your money...they should be burnt down. I think religion makes you a bad person more than a good person. It self-deludes everyone that follows it. Every person involved in religion is close-minded and likes to change fact. You can't change fact...yet they feel they can do it whenever they want to.

Yes, facts do not change. Now, I do not trust many churches either as most have finely manicured lawns and red brick buildings they have forgotten that they are the church. Yes, sometimes this is true, as there is plenty of things one might wish for and one of those many things is power. And they fight their way up to the top, hurting and harming people in their way. In the end if the problem becomes so big, it could even drive the church apart.

The church is not a building, neither a place but rather a person.
      [CENTER]We're the first to fight, the last to leave. We're your worst nightmare, and your greatest blessing. We are the US Marines!
      [/CENTER]
    • The Guardian wrote:

In the end if the problem becomes so big, it could even drive the church apart.

The church is not a building, neither a place but rather a person.

Religion drives millions of people apart. That's a fact. Don't deny it, you know I'm right there. Churches are buildings that are everywhere, unfortunately. I have one down the road from my house...I'd easily torch the place down, if I felt like it. Churches are full of greedy bastards that try to brainwash people and take your money. Common knowledge.
    • TheJoker wrote:

no a church is not a person it is a place

The church is where God makes his dwelling, which is in your heart. God is not restricted by the building. Yet we try to restrict God using our feeble and weak minds.
      [/CENTER]
    • VenomX wrote:

Religion drives millions of people apart. That's a fact. Don't deny it, you know I'm right there. Churches are buildings that are everywhere, unfortunately. I have one down the road from my house...I'd easily torch the place down, if I felt like it. Churches are full of greedy bastards that try to brainwash people and take your money. Common knowledge.

Only when one creates a problem, which the differences of the people come up, creating even more friction because somehow they believe we(like yourselves) are different. Why do you continually list your opinion? Why not list actual facts. An obstacle is only an obstacle if you allow it to become one.
      [/CENTER]
    • Huh? This is exactly what I'm referring to here...you easily mix up fact with opinion. Whatever I mentioned above was all completely factual. Do you even read?

Churches are filled with greedy bastards that brainwash people with lies.

If you are going to deny that's a fact and instead believe that's my opinion, then there is something wrong with you. Of course you will though...what was I thinking? You're a typical christian.
    • VenomX wrote:

Huh? This is exactly what I'm referring to here...you easily mix up fact with opinion. Whatever I mentioned above was all completely factual. Do you even read?

If you are going to deny that's a fact and instead believe that's my opinion, then there is something wrong with you. Of course you will though...what was I thinking? You're a typical christian.

Care to prove your statements? Oh, high and mighty know-it-all? :p;) No, I'm not the type of Christian you're thinking of, neither am I the ones you know.
      [/CENTER]
    • You want me to prove my statements? Oh goodie...I love doing this part, since I'm actually prepared for this. I do, in fact, have proof that churches are out to get you and your money. I've read and seen pictures in the newspaper/television of religious people in charge of the churches taking any money they can for the church itself. They'll persuade people to put more money in as they can, just so they can be greedy, selfish pigs. Then after they have your money in their possession, they feel they can easily brainwash people by forcing them to read the bible. It's like they screw over these people twice in a row...every sunday, I'm assuming.
    • VenomX wrote:

You want me to prove my statements? Oh goodie...I love doing this part, since I'm actually prepared for this. I do, in fact, have proof that churches are out to get you and your money. I've read and seen pictures in the newspaper/television of religious people in charge of the churches taking any money they can for the church itself. They'll persuade people to put more money in as they can, just so they can be greedy, selfish pigs. Then after they have your money in their possession, they feel they can easily brainwash people by forcing them to read the bible. It's like they screw over these people twice in a row...every sunday, I'm assuming.

You do realize, when giving a report, summary or even just a essay you never place it into the first person. Which includes words like I, me, myself and so on. These people never force you to do anything, you do not have to go, neither take a bible, all that matters, to them, is that your there.(no matter your selfish reasons). The church, depending on which one has a church body, and then a group of men or women that watch over the finances, which part of that is the salary of the pastor himself or herself.

Now, as of yet you still have yet to prove anything, including that of your own opinion. Perhaps it is just that it is an opinion.
      [/CENTER]
    • Quit ignoring the facts I present to you. Read them...learn from them. If you think that religion has no bad things about it...not even one thing, then you're hopeless. Were you born a christian from birth? If so, I feel bad for you...somewhat. You can always convert to atheism. I recommend you do that, asap.
    • VenomX wrote:

Quit ignoring the facts I present to you. Read them...learn from them. If you think that religion has no bad things about it...not even one thing, then you're hopeless. Were you born a christian from birth? If so, I feel bad for you...somewhat. You can always convert to atheism. I recommend you do that, asap.

Lol, forcing your opinion are you? I've heard that atheists are quite good at that. ;) No I was not born a Christian from birth. I like my father made a choice, however he made his at the age of 25. No, I see some problems in religion, but what God wished us to do, and follow I see no flaws. As only people, humans create the problems which then seems to bleed over into what they believe making and somewhat disgracing the religion itself. Yes, I think for the most par t the world is a confused place with each one push the other down in the search of what they all loook for, truth.

So far, Venom, you have post/stated nothing but your simple opinion of, no more. YOu have to fact, no substance to most of your post other than trying to convert me, or say in some way that I am wrong andf am ignoring facts. When I have quite clearly read what you believe to be fact, however being who I am, I only see you opinion. And this is what you post your pure and simple opinion on the subject.
      [/CENTER]
    • VenomX wrote:

How can this be a fact?
      So every church ever is full of people whose parents are unmarried?
      Can you scientifically prove this?
      Didn't think so...

And your statement is trying to brain more than anything I have ever heard in a church.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    • Titus Pullo wrote:

Yes I believe in God. How about you prove he DOESN'T exist.

And while we're at it - where is the proof that Santa Claus doesn't exist or that the tooth fairy doesn't exist? I imagine they are the same.

Or how about proof that Allah doesn't exist or that the Qur'an is false.

You're absolutely right. The fact that there is no proof against X is proof of X's existence.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Neal C.

Titus Pullo wrote:

I believe all of it. There are a lot of beliefs around that aren't in the Bible, such as

What about the parts of the Bible that contradict itself? Can they both be right?

Titus Pullo wrote:

Fact is determined by general consensus.

Um no, absolutely not. This is a terrible common misconception of stupidity, and a personal pet peeve of mine.

Truth is determined by fact, not by opinion (or groups of).

Christianity isn't more true than Islam if the population of Christians on this planet exceed the population of Muslims on this planet.

If all the Christians and scientists in the world die of a catrastrophe, increasing the percentage of Muslims, does that make Islam any more true?

The truthfulness of X is the same regardless of how many people believe in it.

Neal C.
      Nice guys talk because they have something to say; pick-up artists talk because they have to say something.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Neal ().