She's dying, I dont like her, and I fell horrible.

• She's dying, I dont like her, and I fell horrible.

To give you background, my aunt (my mom's sister in law) has MS (multiple sclarosis, or however you spell it) and shes been paralyzed from the neck down since i can remember, about five years ago doctors noticed a smal tumor in her ovaries, but couldn't perform the biopsy because she was too weak for any procedure like that. Over the last few years, it grew and grew, shrank a little, grew some more and so on.

A week and a half ago, she fell out of bed (her arm was slung over and the dead weight created a snowball effect) and the stress from the fall triggered instant reactions which the doctors discovered was all related to her tumor (which was by now the size of a large beach ball, she looks like shes pregnant with octuplets) and shes in third stage of overian cancer, and shell be dead within the next two weeks.

I never liked her much, she and my uncle, who is a minister, always judged me for being a buddhist and I could never do anything right with them. It is that type of rejection that i got from my family that gave me borderline personality disorder (aka, im a borderline sociopath) so, WHY AM I SO UPSET!? I saw her today and it was the most depressing, pittiful, and disturbing sight ive ever seen. Shes yellow, has literally no muscle mass or fat (just bone with skin slapped on top) and a 75 lb tumor attached. I dont understand why its affecting me so much, my whole family has been waiting for her to die for the last 20 years, and now its happening, and I'm just so upset. Anyone have insight?
      Yes I do! (no I dont)
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    • Re: She's dying, I dont like her, and I fell horrible.

I think you're upset because of the fact that she is family, and you've known her for so many years. It's a sad thing to see someone so ill that you know their time is coming. I have family members that I hate as well, but it's still sad when someone in your family dies. You just have to remind yourself that once she's gone, she'll be in a better place, and won't be in pain anymore. I'm sure her tumor and her MS is extremely painful. And maybe once she's gone, your family will make some changes. I'm sure it's a burden on everyone. You're surrounded by sorrow right now. And as the saying goes, Misery loves company. If your whole family is sad, you're going to be too. But you will be okay.

Hope that counts as insight! :)
      [CENTER]. : Hard Work Pays Off in the Long Run. Laziness Pays Off NOW : .[/CENTER]

[CENTER]:wink: Member of the Kind of Weird Sexy Club :wink: [/CENTER]
    • derg wrote:

heartless.

How can she be heartless when she feels terrible. That was at best a thoughtless comment. "Thoughtless" is a nice way of saying a word I'm really thinking.
      You're not a sociopath if you feel the way you describe.
      You are feeling a loss because a large part of your life will be gone. This leaves a hole in the family which will take time to repair. It's normal.
      ^
      ^
      ^
      Take it easy. There are exceptions to everything I say.

thanks to everyone but derg, whoever that is is just and asshole.

all the relatives have gone home, the visitors have visited and shes just sitting in her bed, waiting for her vitals to fail so she can finally die. We're all just in suspense, waiting for it to happen. I think shes holding on for everyone who dont want her to go. Once she knows its ok to die, she will, i think.
      Yes I do! (no I dont)
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

You're upset beacuse besides the fact that she rejected you, you still sort of care for her. That's fine, she is your family. And I would just think it cruel to not care because she IS dying and she's dying in a terrible way. The tumor is basically making her body waste away...depressing. It's not like she killed a man, let it go. People are always going to judge you and because she's family that makes it a little worse that she did that. However, because she is family that's the very reason why you should put whatever animosity you have against her and just be there. Be there in her room, be there for her, she needs somebody and I know that she does realize she was wrong for judging you. People alway's start feeling bad about the things they've done when they're put in bad situations( Paris Hilton) or when they're about to die, when they realize it's over. But don't be cruel, that doesn't help any. My aunt hates my mother, me and my sister, she drove us out the house and basically turned the rest of my extended family against us. They don't even make an effort to find out about us or speak to us or anything although me and my sister make numerous efforts to get along. And it's all because we're not as well off as they are (they were born kinda rich, and my mom was poor, but worked way up the ladder and made herself a whole lot better). If my aunt was dying though, I would be there and at her funeral (I would have to be dragged...but I'd be there). I hate her guts, hate it, but I'd be there, because it would help me let go of that hate. I would end the cycle right then and there and let it go. It would close all my hurting wounds. That's why I'd go, and that's why I think you should be there for her and why you're upset.
      what lasts is what is written. We look to literature to find the essence of the past.

Maybe it feels like you hate her,
      but truly you don't.
      Now that you see her helpless and dying, you might feel sort of guilty that you both spent so much time away from each other, hung up on different issues you both had with each other.

Just think of all the Good memories of her.
      =]]

Criminal Mastermind wrote:

Your a bhuddist...seriously.....You worship a fat chinese guy/Hindu wannabe?

Somehow I don't even think your qualified to talk to her? Like. Seriously, this post WAS NOT directed to the fact that she was a buddhist. Asshole.

Anyways!
      I think it's your natural reaction to something that is so helpless and dieing. I felt like that around my Nana's friend, I was never really like, liking her, but she was so helpless and dieing in that bed and I really felt bad. I think it's because your carbon based. We just do those things sometimes : ]
    • Re: She's dying, I dont like her, and I feel horrible.

Symptom of the Universe wrote:

Actually, we DONT worship a buddha. Its not a god-based religion, and I dont think youre intelligent enough to understand that concept.

Some guy named bhudda came out of a castle and saw a poor guy who was of a lower indian caste. So he just gathered a bunch of untouchable hindu's and started his own religeon. Basicly the same thing as hinduism minus the cast system.

I hate when white people try to be hindu's and bhuddists. They arent serious about it. they are just doing it to rebel. Half my family is hindu. Iev gone to their temple before and there are alot of white hippie people there. Making a joke of the religeon.

If you cant be loyal to the rleigeon you were born with, and you just 'convert'. Your not really to loyal to the new one either.

I think it's setting in to you that she is dying. You never seemed to pay close attention to her. Maybe you saw her in better times but now she isn't. It tools with your emotions and causes you to open up more and more. I think you're upset because you know the time is coming closer or maybe you fear death after seeing her that way she is. Death is upseting even when you hate or dislike a person, from experience of my own.
    • Re: She's dying, I dont like her, and I feel horrible.

Criminal Mastermind wrote:

Some guy named bhudda came out of a castle and saw a poor guy who was of a lower indian caste. So he just gathered a bunch of untouchable hindu's and started his own religeon. Basicly the same thing as hinduism minus the cast system.

I hate when white people try to be hindu's and bhuddists. They arent serious about it. they are just doing it to rebel. Half my family is hindu. Iev gone to their temple before and there are alot of white hippie people there. Making a joke of the religeon.

If you cant be loyal to the rleigeon you were born with, and you just 'convert'. Your not really to loyal to the new one either.

I don't see anywhere that she asked for opinions on her choice of religion, so why do you feel the need to give them? Furthermore, if you're going to act so high and mighty, please learn to spell very simple words correctly first. You know nothing of how she feels about her religion, and with what she's going through, I doubt she needs you sticking your unwanted opinions about her religion into the middle of this thread.
      This board would be much better off if you'd go back to that temple you visited, dig a tunnel, and bury yourself underneath it.

derg wrote:

heartless.

Fuck you, dude.
      The poor girl's asking for advice, and you have to go and be an asshole.

Anyway, I've been through that with an uncle (it's not so much that I didn't like him, I just didn't know him that well) but seeing them soon before they die is really heartbreaking in a way. So much, that I don't really think it matters on your relationship, family's family, ya know?

I hope you feel better, by the way