It's over?

• My boyfriend and I have been dating for six months, excluding two weeks from when we took a break.

He has been telling one of my friends (that's also his friend) that he wants to break up with me. He hasn't talked to me to my face in about a week. Each day when we get back from school, he IM's me and says "I'm sorry I didn't talk to you or sit by you today". I don't understand why he doesn't just break up with me? I'm not going to break up with him yet though. Last time I did break up with him, three months ago, he flipped and wouldn't talk to me. I still want to be friends with him even if he does break up with me. It just confuses me on why he won't do it or at least talk to me about it, he knows I know. Does he expect me to just think it's over and done with?
    • Re: It's over?

Rationality, that's what the situation needs to be handled with. More so for him probably, than you. The best way you can find out the truth is by confronting him about the situation. I don't anything can really tell you why he's taking those specific actions, but I can try and clue you in.

Perhaps he's taking time to think about everything and doesn't want to be pressured into making any quick decisions or, he just doesn't know how he wants to do it. The only think you can truly do is be honest and confront him about it and see how he responds, and based off of that, you should be able to make a conclusion to what's going to happen with your relations.

It's a good thing you want to be friends with him regardless of the situation or what happens afterwords, it should make things less awkward for you, which is a good thing. Try to take into consideration the fact that he could be confused, and if he tells you he needs time, do what you feel is best for your personal interest, don't get caught up in a game of cat and mouse that's going to lead you no where though.

Whatever he may want you to think, you should just ask him straight out what he thinks about your relationship. It's not wise to play around, talking behind your back, complaining to his friends, and not telling you anything, but rather hoping you get the point just so he can't be bothered to take two minutes out of his time to talk to you. No matter how he wants to prevent you from getting hurt, he's still doing it anyways. That's very disrespectful.

Ask him. If he won't answer you properly, he's not worth your time.
      [CENTER][SIZE=4][/SIZE][SIZE=4]
      [/SIZE]
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      [/CENTER]

Edge wrote:

Rationality, that's what the situation needs to be handled with. More so for him probably, than you. The best way you can find out the truth is by confronting him about the situation. I don't anything can really tell you why he's taking those specific actions, but I can try and clue you in.

Perhaps he's taking time to think about everything and doesn't want to be pressured into making any quick decisions or, he just doesn't know how he wants to do it. The only think you can truly do is be honest and confront him about it and see how he responds, and based off of that, you should be able to make a conclusion to what's going to happen with your relations.

It's a good thing you want to be friends with him regardless of the situation or what happens afterwords, it should make things less awkward for you, which is a good thing. Try to take into consideration the fact that he could be confused, and if he tells you he needs time, do what you feel is best for your personal interest, don't get caught up in a game of cat and mouse that's going to lead you no where though.

I have confronted him. All he said was something along the lines of "I can't tell you right now, I have my own problems to deal with."

The fact that he's not allowing you into his personal business or not trusting to tell you things after they've happened are not exactly good. Be a little more hard headed this time and try and confront him with all seriousness, make sure you bring up your relationship with him and how you feel about it.

If you don't get the response you want, it's in your hands to do what's best for you.