Advice please. =] [The New Guy = My Edward Cullen]

• Advice please. =] [The New Guy = My Edward Cullen]

Well first off, thanks for opening this and reading it, and if you leave a piece of advice THANKS!!! Okay so this is my first post...so bear with me here. Here goes... So there's this new guy in my chem class and what do you know he ends up sitting next to me. I started talking to him sorta getting to know him better and make him comfortable at school. So I asked him to our turnabout dance and he said yes, and we went together and had a blast! He was a great date, held the door open for me, waited for me, danced with me, got along with my friends. He was absolutely perfect! So whats the deal right? Well...there's just one problem...he just happens to have a girlfriend. She goes to his old school so i dont know much about her. I dont know how serious it is but he actually asked her if it was okay to go to the dance with me and she was okay with it! But he and I only went as friends of course. So i dont know what to do! Hes always looking at me...talking to me, making jokes, its crazy. I mean minus the gf and he's my Edward Cullen. No joke. So I would really appreciate some advice on my dilema. Thanks! <3 :)
    • Re: Advice please. =] [The New Guy = My Edward Cullen]

Sorry to rain down on your parade. I know how hard a Edward Cullen is to find...especially for Twilight fans. :rolleyes:

You have to be patient, though. That can be your supervampirepower of sorts. It's like Jasmine said, he's off-limits. It's not wise to fall for him (even more than you have) at this stage while he's taken, and even more so if for some reason he ends up cheating on his girlfriend because of you. That's not very respectful, and if he's forced to make a decision, he probably won't pick you anyways.

So stay friends with him, and if he likes you enough he'll take the initiative and break it off with his girlfriend so he can be with you. But the ball's in his court now, if you know what I mean.

Good luck with it.
      [CENTER][SIZE=4][/SIZE][SIZE=4]
      [/SIZE]
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      [/CENTER]

Well, if he's got a girlfriend already, you're certainly not his Bella. Some girls are absolutely cool with their guy going to a dance with someone else, provided that they're just a friend. So, if anything, you've been 'friended' already and there's a chance you just might not move from that category. Also, don't read too much into his talking and joking around with you, a guy doesn't necessarily treat his female friends the same way he does his male friends.

As everyone else said, he's off limits. If you MUST stay friends with him, keep it to within class because if he's got friends who know the girlfriend (and if they've been together for a while there will be) word might get to the girlfriend and if it does you could be faced with a confrontation you don't want. Out of what I know, girls are okay with female friends for the most part but they can be just as territorial as guys.

Basically, separate from him. I'm not saying stop being friends, but don't have anything outside of chem class. Ever. Until he's single. Unless if you're in a big group. With the girlfriend there. Depending on what kind of place you live and where the girlfriend is ... you'd be surprised how information can travel.
      [CENTER]6/19/06

&#24859;&#12375;&#12390;&#12427;&#65374;
      &#31169;&#12398;&#24651;&#20154;
      [/CENTER]

--hi OMG!!! even if he is only ur friend at least you have an edward cullen!!! unlike me..... >:|
      anywayz why dont you just wait it out and see what happens, you never know, he could end up breaking up with her tomorrow and realizing hes deeply madly in love with you, oh well, hope for the best...

--good luck to you
      --Madz

Mannequin wrote:

Maybe its just a pet peeve but don't compare yourself to Twilight's messed up relationships. Your your own person, and Hes not Edward Cullen.

she wasn't saying he was "Edward Cullen", she was saying that hes HER Edward Cullen, HER ideal picture of the perfect man... does that make sense??:confused:

thanks everyone so far, i like hearing (or reading) different answers. and sorry to offend you umm... Mannequin? this guy to me like Madz said it my idea of a perfect guy, which he is. No, he is not Edward, he's not a vampire...that i know of. But he's definitely the most wonderful, amazing, AWESOME person i've ever met. right now, i am trying be friends with him. some people have told me long distance relationships never work. however, im not sure how my guy is with that thing. he seems genuine and down to earth. (by the way, for those Twilight fans who saw the movie, my guy (my Edward) actually fought Taylor Lautner (Jacob Black) in some martial arts thing about 4 years ago. my guy told me Taylor kicked his ass. haha)

THE Taylor Lautner, he said it was some martial art competition and im like OMG!!! and you didnt get his number?? his excuse was he wasnt famous at the time im like what about cheaper by the dozen 2 or shark boy and lava girl?? haha yeah its pretty exciting, and thats one of the many reasons why i call him my Edward. yeah im totally happy with just being friends with him...for now. my guy is just too cute.

Advice please. =] [The New Guy = My Edward Cullen]
      911 can do more than we ever could.
      She kept lookin' at her watch (Doesn't matter; had sex)
      But I cried the whole time (Doesn't matter; had sex)
      I think she might've been a racist (Doesn't matter; had sex)
      She put a bag on my head (Still counts)

trickxcandles wrote:

Well 911 wouldn't take me seriously, and what's wrong with asking peers as to what they think I should do? All I could ask for is a simple point of view. 911 saves lives, good peers save your soul.:)

she was joking...she was saying that if youve got yourself a vampire, u may want police intervention. haha...ok.

Now for my reply (warning: i am known for ranting endlessly).

1)please dont relate to twiglight. I get the metaphor that hes your perfect guy, but in my opinion anything with relation to that book is far from perfect (yea i went there). Why cant you just say hes your perfect guy? Sorry, i just had to get that out. Feel free to cyber-scold me

2)how can you be so sure he is your perfect guy? You might really(to the power of infinity) think you like him, but thats something infatuation and crushes make us think all the time. For example, when i met my ex gf, i was obsessed. I loved (or thought i loved) every little tiny thing about her. I went out with her for 6 months, and after 3 i had gotten to know her and begun to dislike her. The crush ended, and i say the truth. I just didn't mesh with her. So, its all well and good that you like the guy, but please, before you start tossing around terms like "perfect" and such which insinuates that your head-over-heels, drop-dead, over-the-moon in-love with him, make sure you know him inside-out, upside-down, backwards, and every other which way, which i doubt you do. Sorry, I dont mean to be offensive, its just a pet peeve when people use or insinuate the term "love" when they dont seem to truly know what it means. that being said, its possible you know him far better than it sounds and you do love him, but that doesnt seem correct based on the info provided.

3)He has a gf, he is "untouchable". its as simple as that. there is nothing wrong with being friends with him, but make sure it is never any more than that (until he is free). Also, make sure it never appears to be more than that, or his gf will hear that you like him, or he likes you (whether thats true or not). and it wont end well. it could turn into her ending the relationship, in which case he would blame you. it could turn into her not wanting him hanging out with you. or any number of other things.

good luck, i am so sorry if i offended you or anyone, i did not mean to in any way.
      Your friend,
      Adam
      condoms arent completely safe, my friend once got hit by a bus while wearing one
      -Anonymous

devs711 wrote:

she was joking...she was saying that if youve got yourself a vampire, u may want police intervention. haha...ok.

Now for my reply (warning: i am known for ranting endlessly).

1)please dont relate to twiglight. I get the metaphor that hes your perfect guy, but in my opinion anything with relation to that book is far from perfect (yea i went there). Why cant you just say hes your perfect guy? Sorry, i just had to get that out. Feel free to cyber-scold me

2)how can you be so sure he is your perfect guy? You might really(to the power of infinity) think you like him, but thats something infatuation and crushes make us think all the time. For example, when i met my ex gf, i was obsessed. I loved (or thought i loved) every little tiny thing about her. I went out with her for 6 months, and after 3 i had gotten to know her and begun to dislike her. The crush ended, and i say the truth. I just didn't mesh with her. So, its all well and good that you like the guy, but please, before you start tossing around terms like "perfect" and such which insinuates that your head-over-heels, drop-dead, over-the-moon in-love with him, make sure you know him inside-out, upside-down, backwards, and every other which way, which i doubt you do. Sorry, I dont mean to be offensive, its just a pet peeve when people use or insinuate the term "love" when they dont seem to truly know what it means. that being said, its possible you know him far better than it sounds and you do love him, but that doesnt seem correct based on the info provided.

3)He has a gf, he is "untouchable". its as simple as that. there is nothing wrong with being friends with him, but make sure it is never any more than that (until he is free). Also, make sure it never appears to be more than that, or his gf will hear that you like him, or he likes you (whether thats true or not). and it wont end well. it could turn into her ending the relationship, in which case he would blame you. it could turn into her not wanting him hanging out with you. or any number of other things.

good luck, i am so sorry if i offended you or anyone, i did not mean to in any way.
      Your friend,
      Adam

Well I understand were you were coming from, and i was joking too lol sorry im quite sarcastic. anyway, okay well I guess I didn't give enough info, i've had guy trouble for a while and this other guy who happened to be my best guy friend, broke my heart and then walked in the new kid. and he was pretty much the greatest guy i've ever met. He's a great guy and would never hurt anyone, and okay fine. He's MY perfect guy. Would it be better if I said he was my Romeo? lol jk i just wanted to relate to something. and dont worry about ranting, its better than not saying anything at all! Opinion respected!

by the way... i while i was reading your reply i was kinda like getting mad and then you said your name was Adam then i bursted out laughing. my brothers name is Addam hahaha (yeah its spelled that way) lol thanks for the reply

shelb angs wrote:

twilight sucks, stop being annoying. and he's hands off since he has a girlfriend, so don't try to make any moves or you'll just cause a whole lot of drama.

Geez don't be so mean! and Twilight does not suck, I know you don't care but if you dont like it thats cool but whatever, this isnt about Twilight. sheesh! I mean its not like I said "omg hes def edward cullen! he's going to save me from getting hit by a car" and blah blah blah. no, im just saying that hes the perfect guy. the end.

trickxcandles wrote:

Well I understand were you were coming from, and i was joking too lol sorry im quite sarcastic. anyway, okay well I guess I didn't give enough info, i've had guy trouble for a while and this other guy who happened to be my best guy friend, broke my heart and then walked in the new kid. and he was pretty much the greatest guy i've ever met. He's a great guy and would never hurt anyone, and okay fine. He's MY perfect guy. Would it be better if I said he was my Romeo? lol jk i just wanted to relate to something. and dont worry about ranting, its better than not saying anything at all! Opinion respected!

by the way... i while i was reading your reply i was kinda like getting mad and then you said your name was Adam then i bursted out laughing. my brothers name is Addam hahaha (yeah its spelled that way) lol thanks for the reply

I am sorry to have made you angry. Its just a pet peeve of mine when people use the term love (or connotate it) as if it means almost nothing. My reason: I used to do that, with my ex gf. I was so infatuated that I was sure I loved her. Once the infatuation ran its course, I was left wanting to get out but i was still convinced I loved her and thus I was very confused. It was not until 3 months, and much confusion and anger, that I realized that I never loved her to start with. Basically the root of my problem was that I convinced myself I loved her base on infatuation, and thus, whenever i see someone that seems about to make the same mistake I do what I did in my last post.

Actually, I am generally a very sarcastic guy, so I am very sorry to have come off as overly serious and to have offended you.

Also, it takes a lot to fully respect a contradictory opinion as you just did. It is a hard skill to master, so congrats on that! lol.
      condoms arent completely safe, my friend once got hit by a bus while wearing one
      -Anonymous

hey ppl, may i remind you that this thread is not about twilight, its about her perfect guy, sure you may have opinions on twilight, and if you do why dont you start a twilight thread... she was using Edwards name as an example so get ova it if you dont like twilight, GET IT THRU UR TINY MINDZZZZZ, lol jk (kinda...) ----anywayz Abby i think you should get to kno him a bit more, depending on how much you know of him already that is, and if anything happens with him and his girlfriend just be their to support him, and you never kno, flowers could blossem anytime... if he knos ur gonna be their for him ..XD

--hope i kinda help... :S LOL
      --Madz :D

(p.s. ^^ did i make any sense about what i just wrote ^^ )