friend puts me down...body issues/scars

• friend puts me down...body issues/scars

I have this friend that always notices my flaws, about my body, which I hate. I think I have a nice shape, but not a nice body, probably because I have scars from like from chicken pox and one from when I was younger. They're not drastic, but small. Either way, I hate them and my friend never fails to notice them. I have some chicken pox scars, small, on my stomach, and a few on my upper back and one on my lower back. Then there's this scar I have on my knee that I got from a fake deer in my neighbor's yard. I was playing with some friends and running and then the antler cut me. This one is about small/medium size on my knee. And then I have the usual girl stuff like a few stretch marks on the sides of my thighs. Ok, my friend has stretch marks too so she doesn't say anything about that, even though I still hate them no matter what. But everything else she always makes a big deal of. Like this one time I lifted my shirt and she made this ugly face and said " what's that!" like she was so disgusted, at my chicken pox scars on my stomach, although they are small. Then another time she saw the one on my back, the one on my back and it was the same reaction. My other friend is kinder. They had lifted up my shirt to see my lower back because they were thinking of getting henna tattoo's. So they wanted to see if I had a nice lower back, of course I didn't want to show them, but they just grabbed my shirt and took a look. My other friend just said " oh, her skin is so soft", but then the other one just said " you have scabs". I just said " I know" but in my head I was thinking, I know that, I see my body ever damn day, but did you really need to point it out!? Oh, and then she wouldn't stop touching the scar on my arm, and poking me there, drawing attention to it again. Now, a day after my 17th birthday she had this surprise trip to hershey park and then she changed it to the beach so we could celebrate. And you can only imagine what I'm thinking. Me, in a bathing suit, in front of her would mean multiple looks and I bet all she's gonna do is check out the marks she hasn't already seen. Like the one on my knee, she's hasn't seen that, and I don't feel like watching her reaction to that one. Not to mention, her body isn't perfect either. I've noticed real small scars of her knees and stretch marks there too. But I don't point and make a face and go "ewwww!, you're nasty!" just because of that. It makes me feel bad. That's why I change in the stalls now, one time she did it in front of some of my other friends. I'm even thinking of some kind of excuse to get out of the beach trip I do not feel like being half naked with her, like she'll just point and highlight all my flaws. She's a great friend in other ways. I just don't understand why she would do this, especially when she's not perfect and I would never do that to her marks on her knee. They are very small so...but still, I wouldn't do it, not even to prove my point to her. I also feel if I say something she'll stop doing it and give me compliments when she's really thinking I look bad. If that makes sense. I don't want her acting like she thinks I have a nice body just because I said something to her. I can't stand thinking in my mind that she's just saying it so as to not insult me, but she really doesn't mean it. That's how she is. She will stop saying it out loud, but she will be thinking it in her head, and I just can't stand knowing that. This was long, sorry, but it has really been bothering me. The trip is on monday, and I'm starting to dread it, but overall, I've just become more self conscious. I'm really starting to hate my flaws more than ever, I always have, but it's getting a little worse. I hate her for putting me in this situation and always acting creeped out when she see's me changing or something. So...I don't know anymore. Maybe a suggestion or something might help. Thanks.
      what lasts is what is written. We look to literature to find the essence of the past.
    • Re: friend puts me down...body issues/scars

I have had fun before. This is not fun, otherwise i wouldn't feel bad. When you "banter" with someone, your intentions aren't to make them feel but, you don't mean it, she means it. And she thinks I look kinda bad, ok? That's not jokingly having fun. That's her expressing her feelings in a not so nice way... maybe I should be my own therapist.
      what lasts is what is written. We look to literature to find the essence of the past.

Not simple if you've been friends for 3 years. Plus, as I've said before, telling her would make her keep quiet, but she'll still be thinking it, and I wouldn't like knowing she's thinking that anyway.....some things just go nowhere. kinda like this...oh well, I'll just hope for better responses, if not then...I dunno.:( And she is a good friend, she's just stupid sometimes and naive about her actions.

yeah either sit her down and tell her that it makes you feel bad about yourself so she stops, or find better friends. If she's a true friend she'll understand and be remourseful. If she laughs at you and tells you to chill out, then she's not a real friend.
      [CENTER]. : Hard Work Pays Off in the Long Run. Laziness Pays Off NOW : .[/CENTER]

[CENTER]:wink: Member of the Kind of Weird Sexy Club :wink: [/CENTER]

mmkk.. first of all....what kind of "friend" would talk so negative about you???? You should talk to her, and tell her it bothers you.. Maybe your prettier then her or something, so she always points out those things to make you think your less then her.. it could be lots of things, but i would talk to her, and if she doesn't stop, then she's better off forgotten..

binksanddolly wrote:

mmkk.. first of all....what kind of "friend" would talk so negative about you???? You should talk to her, and tell her it bothers you.. Maybe your prettier then her or something, so she always points out those things to make you think your less then her.. it could be lots of things, but i would talk to her, and if she doesn't stop, then she's better off forgotten..

Every friend in your life will talk shit about you. Not every human in the world has gone their entire life without being a dickweed to someone. Accept it.

umm... xemo your stupid AGAIN, and let me guess... you know all of this because YOU are infact a dickweed.why the hell would someone want a FRIEND that talks crap!? you really need to step away from your computer for a bit, and take a walk out into something called REALITY!

heh, plus your name has emo in it.. that right there just proves your a flaming homosexual.

binksanddolly wrote:

umm... xemo your stupid AGAIN, and let me guess... you know all of this because YOU are infact a dickweed.why the hell would someone want a FRIEND that talks crap!? you really need to step away from your computer for a bit, and take a walk out into something called REALITY!

heh, plus your name has emo in it.. that right there just proves your a flaming homosexual.

This is what I love about bitches like you both. You see a good comeback and steal it. And when someone uses that insult against the person they stole it from then it makes them look like posers. You were posers far before you even said that. But, erm.

The same motherfucking reason that you are running your mouth like a damn fucking cry baby. Reality babe, I just damn near pwned you in two goddamn threads. Go do something useful.

Oh god, they said flaming. As you can see, I'm fucking emo you twat.