Any tips on dealing with racism?

• Re: Any tips on dealing with racism?

It's not easy to stop when it's how you've been brought up.
      I'd imagine subconciously you'll worry about how your family will see you once you stop being so.

Ask yourself WHY you're racist. Do YOU hold something you hold against poeple who aren't of your race? Or is it soley what your family has taught you?
      You don't have to be someone you don't want to be.
      It's hard to change, but it is possible.

I try to understand your problem. I see that it might be different to stop with it, if you grew up in such an enviroment. The main thing is, that you start to see that the character is not about the skin color or nationality. I'm sure you can think of white people who are stupid and who you don't like- it is exactly the same way with people from other countries, there might be some, who are not really nice, but most of them are nice and friendly and try to live there way, like everyone else.
      My family is also not the cleanest in that case, i fear there are some 'black sheeps' like that in many families. My boyfriend is from another country, but fortunately we never got any problems with people here, and so I'm quite lucky.
      Anyway, the main thing is, that you just get your own way of thinking in that case and not about the others. Good luck, and I really hope you'll manage it :)
      [CENTER]NOBODY EVER ASKED ME [SIZE=5]IF [/SIZE]I WANT TO LIVE,
      SO LET ME AT LEAST LIVE [SIZE=5]HOW [/SIZE]I WANT TO.

[/CENTER]

I dont think you can stop being racist until you understand just what you're racist against

i mean that as in you need to understand the people whom you are racist agains, understand the steriotype and that they are just as human (for lack of better word) as you are.
      Yes I do! (no I dont)
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]