Quitting a sport

• Quitting a sport

So I'm sitting up right now wondering if I should go to Water Polo practice in the morning, and here's my situation.

I have an e-mail ready to go to the coach that details to him that I'm quitting and done with the sport, my reason being for family issues....that's partially true.

I've been doing water polo for about a month now, and apart from the 5:00 in the morning practices and the 4 and a half hours a day of total practice, my grades have been slipping, and now I'm failing calculus. My dad, an avid water polo player himself when he was in high school and college, is always riding my ass about getting certain moves, and how I should play my game better, a small gesture that I don't like to put up with. And if I miss any practices on accident (get the time wrong, etc.) he yells at me for not being devoted. Aside from that, I would like to take up a job so that I can have money for college, as I have relatively little saved up in the bank, and I know I'll need at least 3-4k for living expenses throughout the year. I had to quit my job for water polo because of the strenuous time demands and so water polo prevents me from making money.

On the other hand, I put water polo down on my college application, and any changes to that on my final transcript could affect the outcome of my enrollment (I'm currently enrolled). Also, I would be letting my team down, and it's likely the kids in school would not be happy with me for quitting, many of whom I see in my classes. Nor would my dad be happy that I'm quitting, as he is all about me playing water polo because that's what he did. It's late, and I need to go to bed regardless of what decision I make, does anyone have any advice for me? Should I send this e-mail? why?