k, well.

• weird for me to be posting my problems, but yeh..
      I'm worried about my brother..
      I've got a feeling he's getting bullied,
      he comes hope from school late looking like he's about to cry,
      and there is bruises on his legs..
      I don't know... he got bullied before, and if its the same people then if he tells again they will really hurt him.
      Eugh.
      I don't know.
      [SIZE="4"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Depuis toujours, dans tes rêves![/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    • Re: k, well.

First off, I'd like to state that it's okay for you to be posting your problems. After all, this is a support site and everyone needs guidance sooner or later in their life. Second, As a brother myself I would like to commend you for actually taking a notice in your brother and how he feels. It takes a wonderful sister to actually care about how he feels and how his life is going. For this, I would like to say you are a wonderful person. Most people would just brush them off and not care at all.
      Next, If he's being bullied there is only one thing you can do. Try to get him to talk to a counselor at school, or tell an authority figure. While this might not be the "popular" thing to do, it is the only real solution. Speaking from experience, people like that won't stop. If he tries to do something about it himself, the outcome will be all the same. They will continue to make fun of him.
      The concern I have is the bruises. If they are physically abusing him, this is a matter that needs to be dealt with as soon as possible. Abuse is never something to kid with, and generally won't stop on its own. Not only is it wrong and immoral, it is illegal. I would suggest going to the police, even if you feel its not necessary.
      I Hope all is well, and he actually isn't being bullied. But if he is, please feel free to talk to me. I hope he's okay, and would like to know that if something is happening to him, he is fine.
      ~Wayne

Emma, you're a good sister. =) I think the best thing to do is talk to your mom, like Poppi said. If he's actually being bullied, then it needs to be stopped.

In the mean time, until something's done, just try being there for him. I wouldn't talk about bullying or anything, but if he needs help with homework or something, you could help.

Oh, and something to recommend to your mom, if the bullying is a reoccuring thing.. Karate or some other sort or martial art. Bullies tend to pick a person and focus on them until they fight back.

Feel free to talk to me anytime, Emma. =)

~James
      Need help or just want to talk? PM me. :)
      -------------------------------------------------------
      "It's easy to be nice to people you like. But being nice to people you hate, that's a skill. Do it."

Talk to him and make sure he knows nothing will happen to him if he tells.

Because what those kids are doing is wrong and what they told hi about telling and getting hurt worse is a threat meaning law enforcements can be called on those children.

Talk to him and talk to your parents and above all- be there for your brother.

Good luck!
      Support Leader,
      RockMeBaby<3
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [/CENTER]
      [CENTER][SIZE=3]I[/SIZE][/CENTER]
      [CENTER][SIZE=3]am....[/SIZE][/CENTER]
      [CENTER]RockMeBaby<3[/CENTER]

From the way you've described the situation, it looks like your brother is being bullied. How old is he? I'm going to assume that you're older than he is? I don't know if I would mention anything to your parents just yet. Do you go to the same school as he does? If you don't, that's not a problem. Do you ever talk to your brother? I know that if he is being bullied, he may be reluctant to talk about it for whatever reason - embarrassment, fear, etc. If you're really concerned, I'd recommend that you take him aside and talk to him about it. Casually ask him about the bruises on his legs, perhaps.

Whatever you do, do not force him to talk to you or tell you anything he doesn't feel comfortable telling you. It's important that he seeks help himself instead of having someone else force it out of him. It's important to let him know that you're here for him if he wants to talk to you. If he is being bullied, he's not seeking help for a reason. What that reason is, I don't know. However, there is undeniably a reason that he's not seeking help and it's only a matter of time when he'll realize he's going to need help in dealing with the situation at hand.

Bullying is a very serious issue and it continues to get worse as time passes by. I think that you're doing the right thing about being concerned with what's happening with your brother, which is why I think the first step is to talk to him about it. I just want to stress this: do not force anything out of him. Believe it or not, that might make the situation worse in the long run. What you want to do is talk to your brother in a way that lets him know you're there for him and that you care about him. You want him to begin to feel comfortable talking to you about anything, if he isn't already. Does that make sense?

Again, bullying is very serious. If you see your brother continuously coming home with bruises or worse injuries, perhaps that's the time when you should go to an adult for help. Physical injuries are a strong indication that bullying is indeed going on but the emotional effects (that remain unseen) can hurt equally or perhaps even more. This is why I urge you to talk to your brother immediately. The faster this is stopped, the less effect it'll have on him. Do you know any of your brother's friends? Are they good kids? If so, perhaps encouraging your brother to hang out with the "better crowd" might help him out a bit.

Even if your brother refuses to talk to you or anyone about what's going on, showing him that you're there and that you care is a great thing during this kind of time. He needs a strong support system. Believe it or not, that could make the world of a difference. Continue to show him that you're there for him and perhaps you can mention something to your parents or any other siblings that you have - or you can simply lead by example. Ultimately you need to find a technique that works best for both you and your brother as every situation is unique. Continue with what you're doing; your brother is very lucky to have such a caring sister.

I hope that everything works out for your brother. Good luck.

Take care of yourself,
      Sabrina

Sabrina wrote:

From the way you've described the situation, it looks like your brother is being bullied. How old is he? I'm going to assume that you're older than he is? I don't know if I would mention anything to your parents just yet. Do you go to the same school as he does? If you don't, that's not a problem. Do you ever talk to your brother? I know that if he is being bullied, he may be reluctant to talk about it for whatever reason - embarrassment, fear, etc. If you're really concerned, I'd recommend that you take him aside and talk to him about it. Casually ask him about the bruises on his legs, perhaps.

Whatever you do, do not force him to talk to you or tell you anything he doesn't feel comfortable telling you. It's important that he seeks help himself instead of having someone else force it out of him. It's important to let him know that you're here for him if he wants to talk to you. If he is being bullied, he's not seeking help for a reason. What that reason is, I don't know. However, there is undeniably a reason that he's not seeking help and it's only a matter of time when he'll realize he's going to need help in dealing with the situation at hand.

Bullying is a very serious issue and it continues to get worse as time passes by. I think that you're doing the right thing about being concerned with what's happening with your brother, which is why I think the first step is to talk to him about it. I just want to stress this: do not force anything out of him. Believe it or not, that might make the situation worse in the long run. What you want to do is talk to your brother in a way that lets him know you're there for him and that you care about him. You want him to begin to feel comfortable talking to you about anything, if he isn't already. Does that make sense?

Again, bullying is very serious. If you see your brother continuously coming home with bruises or worse injuries, perhaps that's the time when you should go to an adult for help. Physical injuries are a strong indication that bullying is indeed going on but the emotional effects (that remain unseen) can hurt equally or perhaps even more. This is why I urge you to talk to your brother immediately. The faster this is stopped, the less effect it'll have on him. Do you know any of your brother's friends? Are they good kids? If so, perhaps encouraging your brother to hang out with the "better crowd" might help him out a bit.

Even if your brother refuses to talk to you or anyone about what's going on, showing him that you're there and that you care is a great thing during this kind of time. He needs a strong support system. Believe it or not, that could make the world of a difference. Continue to show him that you're there for him and perhaps you can mention something to your parents or any other siblings that you have - or you can simply lead by example. Ultimately you need to find a technique that works best for both you and your brother as every situation is unique. Continue with what you're doing; your brother is very lucky to have such a caring sister.

I hope that everything works out for your brother. Good luck.

Take care of yourself,
      Sabrina

He's 11 : (
      I used to go to his school before I moved on to grammar school so I suppose it would be quite easy to approach the principal and his teacher who remember me. If it continues I might just do that, he'd probably prefer me going up to the school than our parents. Our parents,,,... would kick up a major fuss, and would probably make things worse, not on purpose of course.
      Aye, his friends are good kids, they hardly ever fight so it must be someone from a different class or older. :S
      Thanks Sabrina, Brittney, Poppi, James and everyone else :)
      I'll see how it goes and hopefully he can trust me enough. XO
      [SIZE="4"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Depuis toujours, dans tes rêves![/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vodka kisses<3 wrote:

weird for me to be posting my problems, but yeh..
      I'm worried about my brother..
      I've got a feeling he's getting bullied,
      he comes hope from school late looking like he's about to cry,
      and there is bruises on his legs..
      I don't know... he got bullied before, and if its the same people then if he tells again they will really hurt him.
      Eugh.
      I don't know.

I have a feeling I'm going to display why I am shit at advice in this post.

I think it would be for the best to speak to him, and your parents about it. If that doesn't work, speak to his teachers about it. If that doesn't work, get the teachers arrested for neglect.
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]