...staying at a friends house

• ...staying at a friends house

O.k, I was just wondering if anyone would be able to give me some advice...

I'm in a steady relationship, we've had a rocky bit recently because of my health issues putting strain on it. That aside we're in a good relationship compared to most people our age.

Well the thing I was asking advice on is my boyfriend and I have been having disagreements on the fact that recently he has taken to staying at a female friends to escape the stress his parents put him under. I trust him not to do anything, and to a certain extent I trust the friend too. It's just the principle of my boyfriend staying at another girls house... He can't stay at mine, because my mother is a religious nut.

I was just wondering if you think I'm being unreasonable being upset... I couldn't care less if it were a male friend he was staying with... just the fact it's a girl. (plus it's a girl who previously had a crush on him...)

I'm starting to think that I'm in the wrong for feeling the way i do.. :(
    • Re: ...staying at a friends house

Well, it is natural to feel afraid of loosing someone you love to someone else. If you both truly love each other, then there should be no reason to be worried. However, you may also be feeling a bit of jealousy since he is spending time with another girl.
      If it would make you more comfortable, maybe you could spend a couple of nights at the friend's house as well.
      11/4/08 - National Epic Fail Day

[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      [/CENTER]

Your feeling EXACTLY how you should. However, if you trust him and he truly is just staying at her house to get away from the strains at his house, then there should be nothing to worry about. Hang out with him at her house if you want to. What ever you do, make sure you talk to him about this, communication is the BEST way to get through problems, especially ones like these. Tell him that your a little nervous about him staying at another girl's house, but that you trust him enough to not do anything wrong. TELL HIM THAT YOU TRUST HIM. That's the best thing a guy would want to hear from his GF in a situation like this.

Hope I helped. PM or MSN me anytime and I'd love to help. Remember, communication is extremely important.

Welllll, this is a really touchy subject, i dont want to tell you that he is going behind your back and doing stuff, but i can say from my own experience that some guys are weak when it comes to this, and in the heat of the moment, it is really hard to say no.

But, on the other hand, he could be nothing like me, and be completely commited to you, im not sure, but i do know that you should be wary of this girl, becuase she may have an intrest in your boyfriend. If you spend enough time with anyone of the opposite sex, feelings will eventually emerge.

JellyBellyBean wrote:

Thank you for all the advice.
      I think, my concerns were made worse when she arranged a DVD session thing. When I asked if I could go, the girl reluctantly said yes, but then cancelled the whole thing... Plus I'm never included in any plans she makes, but my bf is...

Jelly... xx

Wow, I hope you just lost your trust in her...Did your boyfriend agree to go?

she's not really my bf's type... so I don't have any worries there... he had a choice to be with her way before me and him got together... but he didn't and i trust that he's only with her for the time away from home but ... heh... nvm I don't want to be overreacting to an innocent friendship... :(

Broooooooooo hell no, your bf is a dick if hes hanging out with a girl who used to like him. And if shes planning things without you I promise her intentions are not innocent. In my opinion tell him to cut it off or else. If he asks why simply because it makes you feel like shit that he rather spend time with her than with you, plus she used to like him and plus! she never includes you. and if he refuses then fuck it go to a guys house a few times and scoop to his level I bet he will understand your point of view quiet quickly. And if you don't care much for him.. dump him.... from this angle he doesn't seem to special anyways =)

best of luck, raul