We're Asexual and we're out there

• We're Asexual and we're out there

Asexuality is a sexual orientation that describes individuals who do not experience sexual attraction or in other words have no interest in or desire for sex.
      This is diffe
      rent from celibacy in that we do not "choose" to not have sex but, do not have any desire, at all, to do so.

:)Studies have shown that anywhe
      re from 1 in 100,000 to 1 in 100 people are asexual. We may not make up a large portion of the population but, I think it is important that you all know that it does exist.

I wanted to open myself up to any question you might have and to hopefully let people who a
      re confused about themselves know what this is.

FAQ:
      Q - How do you know if you've neve
      r tried it?
      A - I am a guy and I have absolutely 0 inte
      rest in "trying it" and the idea of sex disgusts me
      Q - Do you get e
      rections? if so then you can't be asexual.
      A - E
      rections can be caused by a physical stimulation of the penis without and input from the nervous system.
      Q - You just can't get any. (not a question but, I'll
      respond)
      A - I have had four girlfriends to date and two of them have offered sex which I have turned down.
      Q - How do you know if you've neve
      r tried it?
      A - I have been given a blow job and it was more disgusting than enjoyable and I had to keep playing with myself to keep it up. I have no arousal at the thought of having sex.
      Q - Don't you enjoy having an o
      rgasm/masturbation?
      A - I was physiologically designed to have pleasu
      re from an orgasm. However, my sex drive is non-existent which means I have no desire or need to have sex.

More to come...

The post was edited 3 times, last by Maximus1991 ().

• Re: We're Asexual and we're out there

Steven wrote:

It is impossible to not be a sexual human. We were born with the instinct and the *need* to reproduce. Don't tell me people are leaving the basis of life behind.

That isn't true.
      First, of all asexuality is a medically and scientifically endorsed sexual orientation.
      Second, it is an instinct that doesn't exist for some people, just as there are humans without a fight or flight instinct. We have developed beyond nature's original parameters with our technology and the disappearance of "survival of the fittest"
      Finally, I think I know what I feel and I have no need to procreate and I have no interest in sex or even kissing someone of either sex.
      [CENTER][SIZE=3]"What we do in life echoes in ete[/SIZE][SIZE=3]rnity."[/SIZE]
      ~ Maximus from The Gladiator[/CENTER]

Maximus1991 wrote:

That isn't true.
      First, of all asexuality is a medically and scientifically endorsed sexual orientation.
      Second, it is an instinct that doesn't exist for some people, just as there are humans without a fight or flight instinct. We have developed beyond nature's original parameters with our technology and the disappearance of "survival of the fittest"
      Finally, I think I know what I feel and I have no need to procreate and I have no interest in sex or even kissing someone of either sex.

I don't give shit whether or not something is "scientifically" and "medically" "endorsed." What does that even mean? That it has value? That it has meaning and depth and therefor is something to believe? I'm sorry, but inner belief and instinct is what fuels this world. Whether you like it or not, we all have instinct to reproduce. We are humans. That is how we have survived since the dawn of time.

And what proof do you have of the "disappearance" of survival of the fittest? Do you not read the newspapers, watch the news, or go outside? Our entire world, our lives, our bodies are pushed through this society by the "fittest," the "highest" of society. (I'm sure you've heard of a government). You will never and can never "develop" "beyond nature's original parameters." You are here in this universe for a reason. If you think that suddenly you're bigger and better than nature and that you can simply ignore the foundation of human life, you'd better stop being a fool and open your mind. Don't ignore what isn't medically and scientifically "proven." Nothing is proven. Nothing ever will.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Steven ().

Fear the spork,
      If your argument against asexuality is based upon human instinct and reproduction, you may want to reconsider.
      If not, realize that you reject homosexuality, bisexuality, pansexuality, transexuality...
      Realize that you reject those who practise Sadism and Masochism
      Realize that you reject many religious practices, etc, etc
      Thats a pretty strong statement
      And judging by how obviously uneducated you are, it is obviously one that you are not capable to make
      So fuck off
      And congrats Maximus ! If everyone displayed such sexual solidarity there probably wouldn't be so many what's-his-nuts', the uneducated dude

Steven wrote:

I don't give shit whether or not something is "scientifically" and "medically" "endorsed." What does that even mean? That it has value? That it has meaning and depth and therefor is something to believe? I'm sorry, but inner belief and instinct is what fuels this world. Whether you like it or not, we all have instinct to reproduce. We are humans. That is how we have survived since the dawn of time.

And what proof do you have of the "disappearance" of survival of the fittest? Do you not read the newspapers, watch the news, or go outside? Our entire world, our lives, our bodies are pushed through this society by the "fittest," the "highest" of society. (I'm sure you've heard of a government). You will never and can never "develop" "beyond nature's original parameters." You are here in this universe for a reason. If you think that suddenly you're bigger and better than nature and that you can simply ignore the foundation of human life, you'd better stop being a fool and open your mind. Don't ignore what isn't medically and scientifically "proven." Nothing is proven. Nothing ever will.

Okay, lets start from my statement
      We have developed beyond nature's original parameters with our technology and the disappearance of "survival of the fittest" The fittest of our society are reduced to participating in sports to show off their fitness and there is very little power derived from that. In day to day society, the fitness has very little to do with anything, with most people driving a car to sit at a desk all day only to go home and watch tv then do the whole thing over again. As far as the smartest being on top, this is true but, only to a degree; if you were born intelligent but had a bad upbringing your intelligence does little for you but to cause you tremendous medical problems as you grow up. Where as a complete idiot who is the heir to 10 million dollars can survive fairly comfortably and live to reproduce.

Next up you
      r complaint about my "proof". I will give that one to you, in a constantly changing world nothing is provable, however, I know what I feel and I know what thousands before me have felt. While this isn't proof and "medical and scientific endorsement" counts for little in my book, the feelings and ideas of thousands of people can't be ignored.

Following that I also know that the
      re are people who do not possess the "fight or flight" instinct and have lived full healthy lives because this is no longer necessary in day to day affairs.

---------- Post added at 10:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 PM ----------

Ghettafab wrote:

Fear the spork,
      If your argument against asexuality is based upon human instinct and reproduction, you may want to reconsider.
      If not, realize that you reject homosexuality, bisexuality, pansexuality, transexuality...
      And judging by how obviously uneducated you are, it is obviously one that you are not capable to make
      So fuck off
      And congrats Maximus ! If everyone displayed such sexual solidarity there probably wouldn't be so many what's-his-nuts', the uneducated dude

Although I might not have put it quite so blatantly I appreciate your support.
      Thanks.

That is one of the definitions of the word, however like many others in the English language it has more than one meaning. Another of these is "devoid of sexuality <an asexual relationship>" - straight from the Merriam-Webster dictionary.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Maximus1991 ().

Ghettafab wrote:

Fear the spork,
      So fuck off

For future reference, my name is Steven. And yes, I am rejecting that list of *-sexuality. Heterosexuality is nature's intention. Religion is merely another institution to close the mind. It is a strong statement, and I'll stand by it.

Thanks for your time.