The BNP

• Well for anyone who knows anything about the BNP i was wondering what your views on them are.
      Because the European elections are coming up I've been looking a bit more into the parties here in England which is odd for me and I'm just curious about what other people think.
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

[CENTER][SIZE="4"]<3[/SIZE][/CENTER]
    • Re: The BNP

Well, being non-white, i obviously do not favour the BNP. The thing with the BNP is that while they are not uber-nazi-in-your-face, they are still racist. Yes, they do not claim to be racist, but everyone knows they are. Nick Griffin himself starts every interview with "I am not a racist but..insert bullshit about immigrants destroying the economy even though without them our country would be fucked.."

I think it was a wise decision for him not to go to the Queen's garden party, because that would have just caused an uproar and given the party more press.

I do fear that they will get big over the coming years. They will gain a few seats in the european election, and gain further seats in the general election. However, they will never become a big enough threat ever.

Another thing that worries me, are their supporters. Most of their supporters do not even know what the party are about. The supporters are mostly white middle class pub folk. They do not know what the party will do and what most of their policies are on other matters. Their supporters simply view them as the ONLY party that can bring Britain to its "God like standards prior to the 1950's".

I also worry that with this every growing recession and our ever failing labour party, that the BNP will get big enough to actually have influence..

I agree with a some of what you have said there.
      The BNP do have some scary views that they openly discuss and also there are a lot of supporters who have joined that party just because they are scared of what the country is becoming and don't know what else to do.
      They are extremists in some ways and have thought up a policy where they would actually pay immigrants to go back to their own countries. I must admit there are a few points they make that i can somewhat agree with but i still wouldn't like to see them come into power for fear of violence and chaos.
      I just think that they touch a few issues which do need to be taken into consideration but not in the way that they would deal with the problems our country faces.

I do not like the BNP one bit for various policies and ideas of theirs:
      -Barring Muslims from flying in or out of Britain.
      -Disapproval of mixed marriages.
      -'Dont ask, don't tell' approach to homosexuality.
      -An aim for a population made up no more than 2-3% non-whites.

The way the BNP is jumping on these last few weeks of British political disaster to present themselves as a 'good' party is unsettling.
      [CENTER]

[RIGHT]Ta-ta
      [/RIGHT]
      [/CENTER]

They are really quite scary in their policies but i like the idea that they are trying to tackle illegal immigration as i don't care if anyone thinks I'm being rude or whatever here but it's a big problem and is making me feel like i don't even belong in this country anymore. Yes they go over the top and the way they try to deal with things isn't good but i still think there are things that other parties should take from them. Especially with all this expenses business that is happening. Practically all the parties are guilty of this though.

It's because everyone is losing faith in the main parties and is also scared for the current situation. I don't know where i stand in my own views but i basically think this country is going down the shitter tbh. I love it but i also hate what is happening to it. I'm not in favour of the BNP just agree with a few of their views.

• BlackPowerGeneral wrote:

They want black people out of Britain when Britain colonized 75% of Africa.

I hate people who bring up what ancestors have done. I agree their polices are stupid but they (themselves) had nothing to do with the colonialism of Africa. I also have a feeling you made that statistic up because Britain had very little influence in Africa; it was more Dutch and French controlled.
    • Pickles wrote:

Lol I do think that is a made up fact.

I disagree with you Tinhead for the ancestor card, the BNP are a nationalist party, so want to restore britain to what it was in the time if their father etc. They are also using Churchhill on their posters to stupidly say that he would be supporting us if he were alive.

I saw the Churchill thing too!

But what I meant about the race card was: I hate it when people blame others because of what their ancestors did.
    • aleaiactaest wrote:

Rachael, if you have some sympathy with the BNP cause but are not completely convinced, maybe your views are more in-line with the UK Independence Party than the BNP?

I've just checked them out and they do seem much better than the BNP. I don't know much about them though as there isn't much on their site...my political views are so confused :(. Thanks though! :D

Pickles wrote:

UKIP are a decent party, but recently i believe they have shown allegiance with the BNP. The main policy about them is that they want to take britain out of the EU.

Thing is, these kind of parties will never gain enoug following to actually do anything.

There is just too much scandal involved with politics nowadays.
      But your right all the parties that have different views compared to the largest most popular parites never get enough supporters it's rather annoying.

UKIP are just a bunch of OAP's who don't want the euro. Their policies revolve around progressing backwards so the UK is more like the country that it's voters grew up in. It's only a party because Britain's older population is increasing. I personally am totally against UK independence. Like anything Europe is better united. Even when things the EU do are bad for Britain they are good for the EU, it's selfish to prevent things that make life harder or us happening when it can help Europe as a whole.

People seem a bit scared about the BNP gaining power. I don't think it's much of an issue. Even with proportional representation they would only have a tiny share of power and no major parties would form a coalition with them. As we use FPTP in Westminster they aren't going to get any power there. I agree with everyone saying the BNP's voters don't even know what they are voting for. They are usually just annoyed because they live in a constituency with a lot of muslims. This is backed up with evidence as the places with the most BNP voters are also the places with the most muslims. Statistics also show that less intelligent people vote BNP. In places with the least degrees per person the BNP does best. It shows that most of their voters are just annoyed with immigration and not too bright.

You make some good points. The EU thing i was a bit cynical towards really, i mean UKIP look better than the BNP but i am not that sure that i want us to be separated completely from Europe as i don't see the need for that. It's just i don't know what to support, i want a party to support but i can't really relate to any of them.