Divorce, any tips?

• Re: Divorce, any tips?

My parents have only just been divorced in the past few months so i know what you mean when you say that its hard.
      The main thing is don't blame either parent for the divorce. Never take sides, this is between them not you and at the end of the day together or not they're both your parents and they love you just as much as ever even if they don't love each other.
      When you begin to wish it wasn't happening, remember its for the best! Would you REALLY rather have them arguing and hating each other, or just pretending to be happy??
      Be careful how you react! My sister took a wrong turn at the divorce. She steals, fights, drinks, smokes and it wouldn't be suprising if she does or has dabbled in drugs. All this does is add more strain to the relationship. Your parents begin to blame each other for not being able to control you and it causes more arguments and fights which are totally unnessecary(sp?).
      And remember everything will be ok eventually, my parents took a while but they're just about getting to the stage of being ok with each other.
      Show your parents you still love them. Don't be funny with them because they're not together because it can just make them feel more depressed, angry or upset than they already were.
      Hope i've helped but if you ever need to talk just PM me. I know how hard it can be having recently been through it myself so i'm always here. :)
      [CENTER][SIZE=2][/SIZE] [/CENTER]

Divorce is very painful if you love both your parents. My parents never divorced legally because they've never been married. But they seperated and I had to choose between living with my mom and living with my dad. Well, to be completely honest, I never had a choice. My brother and I have to live with my mom. I rarely see my dad now, and my mom thinks that my dad is bad. She's constantly paranoid that he will get a new girlfriend or whatever.

My advice to you, whatever you're going through, is to accept it. Just be a sister and stay with your brothers and sister and help them get through it. You can't blame yourself for the divorce, tell your siblings that as well. Wait till your parents work it out and the best of luck to you.
      [CENTER]You bitches are beautiful. :hugs:[/CENTER]

Try having a father cheat on your mom for two years after being married for twenty three. Then having him run around town with the whore down the street to get married to her and then leave her for another woman.

Don't blame yourself, it's not worth it. Sometimes people fall out of love. And it hurts not just the parents but it hurts the kids too. I personally know. I was close to my dad and for a split second I never saw it coming. He told me that he never loved me nor cared about me. And my life has been a trainwreck.

To this day my father disowns my brother and me. Mainly because my brother is gay and I'm bisexual. Plus my father hates my piercings and sense of style. Be there for your siblings, they need you.

SuperXEmoNinja wrote:

Try having a father cheat on your mom for two years after being married for twenty three. Then having him run around town with the whore down the street to get married to her and then leave her for another woman.

That's exactly what happened to my mom. I'm not going to spill her entire life story up in here, but it seems interesting to me to tell it.

When my mom was 17, there was a war in Vietnam. She met an American guy who was in the military and he took her to the United States (or Germany, but I believe it was later). Then they ended up marrying each other. My mom gave birth to three kids, but later found out that the man that she loved didn't love her. Instead, he loved another woman and decided to divorce my mother. She ran away and left her kids without a word, without saying goodbye. I think she was just upset and then went to San Francisco and met my dad. I think my mom still loves her ex-husband. She keeps his picture in her room.

But then, her ex-husband died.
      [CENTER]You bitches are beautiful. :hugs:[/CENTER]