The Worst Best Friend In The World . . .

• The Worst Best Friend In The World . . .

Right, I am 13 years old, for any of you who haven't read my other posts. I have a twin sister called Marie. I love her unconditionally, something all of you twins on TeenHut will fully understand.

We have the same friends, but one of my best friends is called Rachel, and I used to REALLY, REALLY like her. We didn't have a lot in common, but we were excellent friends.

Then something horrible happened yesterday. . .

I'm going to just keep saying the facts, because otherwise, I might get confused or just as furious as I was yesterday:

We had Social Science - like Psychology - 1st and 2nd period.

We were all sitting on this big table, but it was pretty crowded. Rachel and our other friend - whom Marie is best friends with - Sophia, practically insisted on moving to another table, but they were talking to us, and being normal, and everything.

I didn't think much of it...but then Rachel and Sophia just stormed off at morning break, without talking to us. We were all a little "What the...?" about the situation, but it still wasn't a BIG DEAL.

Then, we had Woodwork 3rd and 4th period. We all sat on the front row, but Rachel - alone, because Sophia isn't in our class - sat on the back row, as faraway as she could get. At my 1st oppurtunity, I scuttled over there to see what was up.

Conversation:

Me: Hey, Rachel. Why aren't you speaking to us? (well, hey, it was lessontime. I didn't exactly have time for the soft approach.)

Rachel: I'm speaking to you.

Me: What about the others?

Rachel: No.

I went back to report this to the rest of the group, and they begged me to go over and ask Rachel why. So I did. She refused, point-blank, to tell me, no matter what I did.

Right now, we were scared. Really scared. Because Rachel is not normally like this.

So, when we went on the computers, I got the one next to Rachel. I tried to plead it out of her, and I finally said: "Why won't you tell me?"

She said: "You'll stick up for this person."

Something IN me just told me she was talking about Marie. Gut instinct, maybe?

Me: Marie?

Rachel: Yes.

Me (trying to work out how serious the situation was): Are you reporting it?

Rachel: Yes.

Me (panicking): To who? Mr. Smith (our form tutor)? Mr. Blayney (our Bullying and Social Help Coordinator)?

Rachel: No.

Me (SERIOUSLY panicking): The POLICE?

Rachel: Yes. Maybe.

So I ran off immediately and told my other friend, Jayne, because I didn't want to tell Marie yet. I was so scared of what might happen.

NOTE: Rachel is a Christian. It has never, ever, ever bothered us before, but these are two seperate incidents relating to it: once, when Marie screwed up something in Art, she said "Oh God" in front of Rachel, but apologised. All Rachel said was "Well, I guess you should have thought about that before you said it", but yet when we were studying Christianity and I talked about Noah's Ark, she giggled most of the way through that.
      So once, Marie said to Sophia: "I think Rachel picks and chooses what parts of her faith she follows".

Sorry this is so long.
    • Re: The Worst Best Friend In The World . . .

This is me continuing, sorry...

So, during Lunch, Jayne practically forced me to tell Marie. Not without just cause, of course. Marie burst into tears. Me - because I am usually the one who sorts these things out - said we had to go to our Year Head, where Rachel would have to tell the YH what it was, and if it really WAS anything of any importance, the YH would call Marie down too, where it could be sorted out without anything as drastic as the police involved.

We went to the YH, and she said she'd talk to Rachel, but that she seriously doubted that she had anything on us.

A new theory between us is that Rachel actually made it all up - that there was nothing to say, nothing to report. That she just made it up to mess with our heads, because she insisted she wouldn't tell anyone. Not one person. Help me...

You don't seem to need that much help. you sorted it out as best as you can and like you said she made it up so there is nothing to worry about. you are probably better off without her as a friend by the sound of it. if you really want to sort it out though the best thing to do would just talk to her and explain how much it upset you and try and find out why she did it. i can't think of any other ways to help you though. hope its sorted soon!

I dont really get it either. But you should have been at our school in year 5. There was only 9 girls in our class so we had to stick together. But because one of us would make up a story.saying that someobdy sed something bad about somebody else. We woudlnt be friends. Although we knew that someone just made it up. Its stupid. But I'm not like that anymore we all stay friends.

Wait... so, what happened?

Let me get this straight...

Some dude said "oh god" in front of Rachel, who is a Christian. So what the fuck is wrong with that? I thought Christians had a "god". So now Rachel is calling the police because of that? What?

How old are you all again? This seems like an overly over-dramatized "story".
      do not fear the unknown

This is just confusing i think you're both blowing this out of proportion.
      Like whatevers happened she's being way overdramatic and then you're being even more overdramatic when you're telling us. Just give it time. It always sorts itself out. It will be nothing, just a small pointless fallout most girls go through hundreds of times.
      [CENTER][SIZE=2][/SIZE] [/CENTER]

Yeah, girls in school are very, "I'm your friend, okay, I'm not your friend. Okay, now I'm your friend again." That's how it was for me when I was around that age. You're doing the right thing by talking to someone about it. Just let them deal with it, be there for your sister, and hope that everything works out. If Rachel is going to continue to be a bitch, you don't need her as a friend anyways.
      [CENTER]. : Hard Work Pays Off in the Long Run. Laziness Pays Off NOW : .[/CENTER]

[CENTER]:wink: Member of the Kind of Weird Sexy Club :wink: [/CENTER]

Einsteinette wrote:

Rachel is a Christian.

lol @ christians

nu11!f!3r wrote:

Some dude said "oh god" in front of Rachel, who is a Christian. So what the fuck is wrong with that? I thought Christians had a "god". So now Rachel is calling the police because of that? What?

You mean you never heard of the christian police?

Anyways, you're not supposed to use it in vain. I guess that's where all the drama stemmed from

Okay . . . I know what the reason is And it is not the reason I assumed....I have to write it down, just so I know I heard right. I promise you I am not making any of this up.

It is to do with Bebo. Bebo is an Internet Messenging Site where you are only technically meant to talk to your friends, but it is possible to talk to people you don't know.

It's hard to explain, and I'll probably confuse those I confused earlier even more.

My sister and I were the only two people who had Rachel's password. It was an easy one to guess, though.

Rachel stormed up to me and said: "Did you accept anyone called Sam onto my site?"

I denied it, and later on I got the ful story: Rachel's grandfather - whom I didn't know existed - had written to her recently, telling her that he had been speaking to a girl he assumed was Rachel, until she blocked him. Apparently he pretended to be someone 13 - our age - and called Sam (the name of his dog).

Now he wrote to her because he was 'hurt' that she didn't like him anymore (her exact words, not mine), and Rachel now assumed that we were speaking to him without telling her.

According to Rachel's now-unreliable testimony, he wrote to her that one of the comments he left on her page said:

"IF YOU KNOW WHO I AM, YOU'LL KNOW WHAT MY DOG'S NAME IS."

To that, I told her if someone had left a comment like that on her page I would have blocked him straightaway.

Then, to prove our innocence, I went home that night and printed out all of Rachel's comments and her friends lists. No sign of 'Sam' or whatever his name was. And then I deleted her Bebo.

The next day, I gave them to Rachel. She read them, and with no sign of mysterious Sam, she accepted it. Now she's back to normal and has dropped the whole subject.

OK, two possible options: a) her grandfather was lying to her, point blank, or b) (the more likely in my opinion) she made it up. For attention, or whatever. Well, I can tell you, it worked.

Thanks for reading this far,

Beth x x x x x