the differences.

• Re: the differences.

No. I just finished my psychology examsand we studied them in detail I'll explain them:

Bi polar: this is a form of depression. Sufferers will go through extreeeme highs, and then extreeeeme lows where they'll feel really depressed.

Schiz: A mental disorder which manipulates the way you think and behave e.g you may become very paranoid, have visual or audio hallucinations, think that you have a calling from God, and you will just do very strange and random things.

Those are the illnesses summed up.
      [LEFT][SIZE=3][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/SIZE][/LEFT]

[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
      [SIZE=3]Nobody said it was easy. [/SIZE]

i'm bipolar, i know this, i've read so many things about it. and the doctor said ... i had schizophrenia. and gave me the wrong pills. it was 2 years ago, but still, how could she have been so ingnorant, she never even talked to me, she had a talk with my mom and then i found out i'd be taking those frickin pills for 1 year. oh shit.
      [COLOR="Sienna"]Reia-mi al nemuririi nimb/ Şi focul din privire,
      Şi pentru toate dă-mi în schimb/ O oră de iubire..
      [/COLOR]
      :angeldevil:

Bi-polar is a mood disorder, and schizophrenia is a personality disorder. While there may be slight overlap in the symptoms, they are different disorders.

Despite the inherent complexities in diagnosing psychological disorders (psych is a soft science and their diagnosis is only as reliable as the info you give), psych. docs are usually pretty good at nailing it down. I'm amazed yours made such an oversight.
      Love it when you call me Legs
      In the morning, buy me eggs

xMakeMeACullenx wrote:

Oh god. And the pills for schiz (amphetamines ?) can give you symptoms of Parkinsons disease. I have no idea why the hell she would get the two confused :S

I actually had those damn symptoms, and she prescribed me some pills for Parkinson (Romparkin)... and yes, I am bipolar. I've read so many things about it, and my sis said so, and the doctor did never talk to me. how the hell could she have known. :mad:

---------- Post added at 07:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 PM ----------

never come to romania, they only become doctors for the money. and they become doctors with the money their parents have. awww i'm gettin angry...
      [COLOR="Sienna"]Reia-mi al nemuririi nimb/ Şi focul din privire,
      Şi pentru toate dă-mi în schimb/ O oră de iubire..
      [/COLOR]
      :angeldevil: