this is my last summer......ever!

• this is my last summer......ever!

No it's not a suicidal note...lol. It's more like a rant, and a typed thought. I don't know where else to place it, and I don't know who else to tell it to. So I figured why not here right? :p

This could very well be my last summer. Not summer as in the season, but summer as in outside of school. It's such a weird feeling. I'm happy, finally I'll be an adult next year, no even better, by then I'm going to be the best of the best. But sad at the same time, so many things left to do, so many things that I haven't done yet...

This is my last summer and I still don't have a girl, lol. It's sad to think this could be the last days when I could be.....childish and immature. It's real weird....I feel this weight, this weight of responsibility on me whenever I hear "next year." Which to me is a lot of things, my very last chance, my last year in my high school, and when I could finally join. Man...it's so much to handle! So much to think about! So many things still that I haven't seen and stuff...and jeez.....it's just freaking amazing to think about right now!

if anyone thinks I'm high, I'm not. But...it's just one of those days. I couldn't stop thinking of this ever since May. And now....the damned book Perks of being a Wallflower made me think about it even more! Damn!~!!!

lol, yea thats about it...
      [CENTER]Future Rifleman of the Marine Corps!
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      Saepius Exertus ||| Semper Fidelis ||| Frater Infinitas
      [/CENTER]
    • Re: this is my last summer......ever!

If you mean you are out of highschool.. you still have pretty much 4 full years of freedom where everday feels like summer (just don't forget to do what you need to in college though). Trust me, college is really fun and the best time to meet girls as well.
      [CENTER][FONT="Garamond"][COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="3"]Seduce&Destroy[/SIZE]
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      You're sure you still wanna play this evil lil game?
      [/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]

Saradactyl wrote:

If you mean you are out of highschool.. you still have pretty much 4 full years of freedom where everday feels like summer (just don't forget to do what you need to in college though). Trust me, college is really fun and the best time to meet girls as well.

Oh no, I'm a junior turning senior next year. What I'm saying is, this might very well be my last summer....as a kid. When I turn 18 and graduate I'm out and off to the Corps. I can't go to college right now, North Korea is really scaring me. And there's going to have to be Marines if there's ever going to be a confrontation.

It's just so weird thinking about it lol...not the joining the Corps. But this being my very last summer....Last summer where I was under my parents. Last summer, I could fully enjoy being a minor lol.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      [/CENTER]

When I read this, I thought I was going to have to talk someone down. Soooo glad you decided to not shoot yourself. Though since you're going off to the Army it looks like someone else may shoot you. Oh well, it's your choice.

There will still be other summers, this isn't your last one.
      [CENTER]I am not a crook.[/CENTER]

You have your entire life to experience new things. Don't fret over what you 'don't have,' but rather on what you do have: opportunity. Seems like lots of Marines meet girls wherever they go. You could end up on an island in Hawaii or an embassy in Belgium. Or you could go to war. However, NOW is not the time to worry about what you haven't done. Move ahead, look ahead, and think about your future. Life usually seems a little brighter if you look toward your future, rather than your past.

Pineapple wrote:

When I read this, I thought I was going to have to talk someone down. Soooo glad you decided to not shoot yourself. Though since you're going off to the Army it looks like someone else may shoot you. Oh well, it's your choice.

There will still be other summers, this isn't your last one.

Army..NO. Marines... YES. I hear pacifism in your voice....well see it in your typing.

idk2008 wrote:

You have your entire life to experience new things. Don't fret over what you 'don't have,' but rather on what you do have: opportunity. Seems like lots of Marines meet girls wherever they go. You could end up on an island in Hawaii or an embassy in Belgium. Or you could go to war. However, NOW is not the time to worry about what you haven't done. Move ahead, look ahead, and think about your future. Life usually seems a little brighter if you look toward your future, rather than your past.

Oh no, I'm a planner lol. I look towards the future more than anything. I just wanted to type down what I was thinking and feeling. I'm definitely happy for my future, however unpredictable it might be. I know what my future holds, a lot of suffering, a lot of hard labor, and a lot of PT, but...they don't sugarcoat it. Haahahah :)
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      [/CENTER]