What do other girls think about this?

• What do other girls think about this?

As part of my summer uni course in psychology, I was recently reading about how different cultures throughout history punished men guilty of rape. While most involved imprisonment, some were quite extreme including feeding the man to animals.
      Some cultures used castration, and even cutting off the penis. In one case (a North American native tribe) had the victim remove the penis herself.

There are a couple of issues about removing a rapist's penis. It is somewhat brutal, though that doesn't bother me at all. What does bother me is that it could happen to an innocent man, and that would be totally unacceptable.

However, if a man was unquestionably proven guilty of rape (not just by accusation, but by DNA etc.), would you support the non-surgical removal of his penis, or is it too brutal?
      If you were so unfortunate to be a victim of such a man, do you think you could personally remove his penis?

I would support the idea, and as a victim, I could do it myself.

Thanks
    • Re: What do other girls think about this?

I agree with Arthur.

I think people are to lenient on rapists, some of them even get out of jail, then do it again and get sent back to jail. I'm sure if they knew they would get the death sentence or get something chopped off, they would think twice before commiting the crime.
      [LEFT][SIZE=4][SIZE=3]If a horse runs you over it's because you're in the way. [/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=4][/LEFT]
      [SIZE=4]
      [/SIZE]
      [/SIZE]

yes, i agree. even though i am a guy, i find rape to be absolutely shocking, disturbing and disgusting (as does anyone who is not a rapist) but yeah, if a guy forcefully has sex with an unwilling girl, or guy, he deserves to have his penis removed in the most brutal way.

2 of my friends fathers molested and raped them as children.
      Its fucking sick.
      I recently found out my sister got raped when she was 14.
      Also fucking disgusting.

Chop off their dicks, i support it.
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [/CENTER]
      [CENTER] Cassie: Do you remember when you rode with me in the ambulance after I tried to kill myself?
      Jal
      : Of course.

Cassie
      : That's what love feels like.
      [SIZE=4][SIZE=3]
      ♥
      [/SIZE]
      [/SIZE]
      [SIZE=4]I Love You Dylan[/SIZE][SIZE=4] [SIZE=3]♥[/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=1]
      [/SIZE]
      [/CENTER]

So many savages on here.

I feel a man's penis being surgically removed after an aggravated sexual assault would be justifiable, as long as the man is sane and did it out of pure immaturity or anger.

Some people have things wrong in their head, obviously, they can't help themselves from doing such things. I don't believe these types of people deserve to be punished in such ways as a sane person would. Just my opinion.

To me the idea of brutally chopping of a man's penis is too much.
      If the man was proven to be the rapist with certainty, there were no demeaning factors such as mental disturbance or illness, family influence, genetic illnesses ect, I still consider a brutal act such as this to be going too far.

It isn't as though the penis is simply a sex tool. In chopping it off the man's urinary system would have to be surgically altered.
      I would see it as being equivalent to the old practice of chopping off hands of theives, it is a primitive way of bringing some level of justice, but it doesn't address the issue that caused the crime, whatever it may have been. theivery did not occur simply as the theif was born with hands.

Certainly punishments can act as deterrents. However imprisonment and psychiatric work would be more likely to punish and help the perpetrator to one day return and lead a useful and honest life.

Aside from this, this idea of punishment is not just unnecessarily brutal and inefficient, but hygienically unsafe for him and others. Furthermore, if one follows the mentality of 'an eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth', as the famous musical is quoted, "we would all be blind and toothless".

A final point, the proposed punishment would contravene a man's human rights, as set down by the UN. If you would condone or promote it, you would need to reclassify what we consider to be intrinsic rights of every human being.

A punishment is not just about revenge in our Western societies today, but about punishment, deterrence and teaching the perpetrator to improve themself so as to be acceptable to society, so they can be a part of it.
      [CENTER][COLOR="Green"]If you have nothing to say, say nothing.
      [/COLOR][/CENTER]

As a victim as well, I would support castration. I personally approve of our governments ability to castrate repeat sex offenders and child rapests. If I could do it myself I owuld not because thats too gorey for me but I would approve of it being done to the person. Very intersting topic kudos!

I think that's a bit far, to be honest. But I haven't known anyone who has been raped, so I haven't seen the consequences for the victim.

But I think chopping off a man's penis is too much, and I've always thought "eye for an eye" is true justice.

So instead of chopping off his penis, humiliate him.
      [COLOR="Green"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]To make my dreams come true. To protect the ones I love. And to keep fighting.
      The star inside my heart... please keep on shining strong and bring me power![/FONT][/COLOR]

Dr.Carter;2785725 wrote:

The only thing worse than a smart-ass is a dumb smart-ass.

castration is too an extreme form of justice, and i find rapists just the scum of the earth, a person close to me was raped when she was 16 and if i ever found the guys who did it, i couldnt be held responsible for my actions, but even cutting his manhood off is seriously too far, that is why we have a justice system so that convicted rapists can go to a correction facility in hopes it will change their life and become responsible law abiding citizens, even though its a horrible horrible thing to do, i think every person has the right to try and make up for it, and every person deserves a second chance, that is what prisons are for, ok maybe in the cases of unrepentant and continues offenders perhaps it can be considered, but for me the only justice is by going and serving the time sentenced to them by a jury of their peers!! like in many cases the offenders do it as a crime of passion!! how can one mistake be a justifiable cause to mutilate that person. if you ask me, doing that makes the person doing the mutilating as bad as the rapist themselves!!

Isn't there some from of drugs/treatment which can stop a man having sexual urges? I think it's called chemical castration. This would be a better option as (like someone previously said) chopping off the penis would mean seriously altering his urinary system and this would obviously cost money and be a serious breach of human rights.

Plus, I think it's pretty inhumane to just chop something off, it's just too primitive and I'd like to believe that our society is better and more advanced than that.
      [CENTER]Jusqu'ici tout va bien[/CENTER]