I hate people my age.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Re: I hate people my age.

Exactly! At school I feel like I'm surrounded by a bunch of gorillas. At least here, some people can live up to their age.

---------- Post added at 09:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 PM ----------

And yeah, Kazaman, I agree. I can't help thinking differently but I do. Sometimes I'm just like, how can they not see it this way!

Ha ha I feel the same as you guys. I just see the world differently then those of the kids I see at my school. I do have friends however that shares the same world I am in, but yet they can be distant sometimes.
      “Death is as casual-and often as unexpected-as birth. It is as difficult to define grief as joy. Each is finite. Each will fade.” -Jim Bishop

I have one friend who thinks like me concerning school work. But other things is just, distant. Yeah, like she says shes getting engaged and stuff like that. And I personally feel like thats a mistake even though I'm just her age and couldn't possible know what adult life is like. But I feel like I'm there. It gets really frustrating.

Consider that they might be self-aware of how brain-dead and moronic they act and that they might be subverting those stereotypes by feeding into them, because "that makes them liek ttly super-popular"

No, they really aren't, but then at 16, it doesn't do much for you to be ultra-mature. You're young and stupid, and you're supposed to make mistakes so you can learn from them later. People view life differently, make different mistakes and learn from different things. There is no specific right way.

Though, if it's any consolation, I hate most 16 yr olds too.
      Love it when you call me Legs
      In the morning, buy me eggs

The post was edited 1 time, last by Bebop ().

I definitely feel as though I don't fit in my age group, but to be honest I feel a lot younger than everyone else! It's perhaps due to what they've chosen to do in life - what subjects to study at University (English and Spanish) or deciding to get a full time job straight out of school, but everyone seems so boring!

It's alright though, I'm at university now and I'm doing Theatre and pretty much everyone on the course is in the same boat as me - They're a 13 year old in a 18 - 28 year old body!
      [LEFT][SIZE=1]Did I help you? If so, help me with rep!
      [/SIZE][RIGHT][SIZE=1]The KKK took my baby away[/SIZE]
      [SIZE=1]Ramones[/SIZE] [SIZE=1]<3[/SIZE]
      [/RIGHT]
      [/LEFT]

Bebop wrote:

Consider that they might be self-aware of how brain-dead and moronic they act and that they might be subverting those stereotypes by feeding into them, because "that makes them liek ttly super-popular"

No, they really aren't, but then at 16, it doesn't do much for you to be ultra-mature. You're young and stupid, and you're supposed to make mistakes so you can learn from them later. People view life differently, make different mistakes and learn from different things. There is no specific right way.

Though, if it helps at all, I hate most 16 yr olds too.

Exactly, it's cool to be a total imbecile now. i kind of give the impression around my school that i'm a little stuck up. i'm really not, i just can't handle associating with that kind of person, they make me totally nuts.

Jenna wrote:

Exactly, it's cool to be a total imbecile now. i kind of give the impression around my school that i'm a little stuck up. i'm really not, i just can't handle associating with that kind of person, they make me totally nuts.
      It's cooler to put yourself above your age group, or at least say that you have. As the responses in this thread have shown, it's really common. But there's more to being on a higher level of maturity than speaking properly and scoffing at others.

~Maggot
      [size=3]Oh! why is phrensy called a curse?
      I deem the sense of misery worse:
      Come, Madness, come!
      [/size]

A lot of the people my age (12-14) are stupid and think they are really cool, and think "oh i'm amazing, I'm pretty people love me" and I'm not exaggerating :p
      I love talking to people online, their age doesn't even come across as a difference to me.
      [RIGHT][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      [CENTER][LEFT][SIZE=4]I love. My girls. <333[/SIZE]
      [CENTER]<3 Anna <3
      [/CENTER]
      [/LEFT]
      [/CENTER]
      [/RIGHT]

ive regularly had people say im like an old man, because im very cynical, i can get on with people my age but i get on much better with middle age men, which is quite weird, and i get on very well with old men aswell, but hey, they have much more interesting stories, i dont wanna sit and listen to some fuck wit talk about how he went round to a party and stole this guys weed and smoked it all and then ate his pizza and then went home with some skank with sick in her hair.....

and im not saying im mature either, i act very immature regularly, the difference is when im being immautre, i dont do things im going to regret, ill just make a fool out of myself or embarass someone im with for a laugh, but hey, there are men of every age who do that. im just saying i prefer talking to much older people than me.

oh and i MUCH prefer talking to women in there late 40's or above, i can talk to girls my age but it seems to take about 40 years for women to be able to understand a guy, guys never understand girls but thats fine because by 40 odd, the women will be able to speak man talk and then we can communicate.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Sharkbait ().

Yes definately! I rarely hang out with people my age because they share no similar interests/morals as I do. I usually hang out with people older than me (20+). I like the internet as well because there are other teens out there like me:)
      [LEFT][SIZE=4][SIZE=3]If a horse runs you over it's because you're in the way. [/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=4][/LEFT]
      [SIZE=4]
      [/SIZE]
      [/SIZE]

vampireshellan92 wrote:

And yeah, Kazaman, I agree. I can't help thinking differently but I do. Sometimes I'm just like, how can they not see it this way!

Well, I understand how they can't see things a certain way - I just don't comprehend why they don't think enough about it to form their own more original opinions on things.
      Fidelis ad meus amor.
      kazaman.deviantart.com/

It is normal sometimes to prefer a different age group than your own do to personal interests, morals, and priorities.

All throughout highschool I would hang out with people two to ten years older than me.
      [CENTER][FONT="Garamond"][COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="3"]Seduce&Destroy[/SIZE]
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      You're sure you still wanna play this evil lil game?
      [/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]