I need an internet away from home.

• I need an internet away from home.

I'm trying to figure out the best possible way to get internet at my grandparents' house. Any ideas?

I thought about paying for Comcast High Speed, but I don't want to get in trouble with hidden fees.

I also thought about dial up, but I think that'll be a last resort since I don't want to tie up phone lines or make them get another.

I've considered air cards for my laptop ( I think that's what they are called ) but I don't really like the idea of having to go through a cell phone provider.

<_< Is there such a thing as a card that you can simply pay for like 20 hours of internet and be done with it? No hidden fees, no download limit, no cell phone required..just 20 hours of internet.
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Maybe it's not my weekend, but it's gonna be my year! I'm so sick of watching while the minutes pass
      as I go nowhere, and this is my reaction to everything I fear. Cause I've been going crazy, I don't wanna waste another minute here.
      [/CENTER]
    • Re: I need an internet away from home.

^
      Yea, see. <_< I don't want a gazillion dollar bill. :p

If I get another phone line installed and used dial up, would they still be able to talk on the other phone line 24/7 regardless of what I'm doing?

Maybe it's not my weekend, but it's gonna be my year! I'm so sick of watching while the minutes pass
      as I go nowhere, and this is my reaction to everything I fear. Cause I've been going crazy, I don't wanna waste another minute here.
      [/CENTER]

The Wolf wrote:

^
      If I get another phone line installed and used dial up, would they still be able to talk on the other phone line 24/7 regardless of what I'm doing?

I'm sure if you have two separate phone lines what you do on one will not effect the other.

But have you considered DSL? It allows you to talk and use a computer at the same time on the same phone line. It is much faster than dial-up although not as fast as cable- but usually cheaper. DSL is not available everywhere but it's worth checking into.

^
      Yea, I've considered that. :p

But, most DSL companies want you to sign up for a plan that is usually two years long. :p In a year I'm going off to college and I really don't want to be bothered with a bill for something that I can't use. :p

[/CENTER]

Verizon Wireless - Mobile Broadband - Products

I have researched a little for you, and for $60 a month, you can get a USB modem dongle, it plugs into any laptop or netbook, and you can surf the web up to 5gb a month on 3G, and it's roughly broadband speed. You get around 160 hours a month for that, which would give you about 6 or 7 hours each day
      [SIZE=2]Aaron - [/SIZE][SIZE=2]Support Leader[/SIZE] :kiss:
      [LEFT]
      [RIGHT]-

Saradactyl;2086538 wrote:

Haha, Aaron. I wuv youuuu.
      [/RIGHT]
      [/LEFT]