Bleaching hair?

• Bleaching hair?

I have red hair, and whenever I try to dye it (with store bought dyes) it doesn't work at all. So my friends mom told me I need to bleach my hair first, (im only dying a single strip of my hair, not all of it) and then dye it.
      Just a few questions,
      can you buy hair bleaching kits at like a grocery store?
      And I realize bleaching is bad for your hair, how can I then restore it and keep it healthy?
      Remember I'm only dying a strip of my hair.
      [CENTER][LEFT][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      [/LEFT]
      [LEFT]
      [/LEFT]
      [LEFT] yahh trick.
      [/LEFT]
      [/CENTER]
    • Re: Bleaching hair?

CalifornianDream wrote:

May i ask why you're only dying a strip? Maybe the hairdressers would be a better solution then. I think they sell them anywhere. Are you refering to like a streak ? I've seen shampoos in the market for treating colored hair. most brands of hair products shoulddo a color treating product.

I'm only dying a little streak of it black on my underneaths, it'll mostly only show when I put my hair up. Just a little experiment.
      Do you know any good brands of color treatment shampoo?
      [CENTER][LEFT][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      [/LEFT]
      [LEFT]
      [/LEFT]
      [LEFT] yahh trick.
      [/LEFT]
      [/CENTER]
    • Re: Bleaching hair?

That looks kool. I imagine that's probably difficult to do yourself though. Someone else could try it for you?
      Herbal essences shampoos are nice, im sure they do one.
      bedhead are good shampoos, whether they do them im not sure, but they prob do. Garnier seems good. Most of them seem pretty kool. John friedaa.. I just test various lol
      sorry if this isnt great advice, i just know from bleaching mine that theres tonnes on the market, its so difficult to choose lol.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Fashion ().