how to have a personality?

• how to have a personality?

my friends say i really dont have much personality. all i do is mope around the house and watch tv. i mean when people talk to me i mostly just absorb what they say and spit out a response that i dont really think about. i'm a robot really. but i do want a boyfriend. i think one may be able to bring out something real in this clusterfuck of pointless thoughts. i mean i don't have much motivation but i want to. i mean i dont even know. i need advice.

in short: how do i have a personality so all the boys will look at me?
      [CENTER][FONT="Garamond"]This is the part of me that needs medication
      This is the part of me that believes in heaven[/FONT][/CENTER]
    • Re: how to have a personality?

yea you are. Because you have to be born with a certain personality, if you dont have one there isnt really anything you can do. maybe you can try to figure out stuff you like to do, like if you like to tell jokes or make people laugh. Maybe tat can help you a little. Or imitate someone you admire.
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      [SIZE=4]Skins[/SIZE]
      [SIZE=3]Everyone Tries to be Different. Thats why all of us are the same. [/SIZE][/CENTER]
    • Re: how to have a personality?

As Heather has said, you can't really just flip a switch and get a personality. And to say you don't have a personality is wrong. It's just not possibly as outgoing as others. But you do have one =]

One of the problems sometimes is motivation. It's getting yourself 'psyched' up to achieve something, and then actually carrying it forward to do it. It's not always easy to get motivated, I know, and then sometimes you get fears and there's a fear of rejection as well, when you're concerned about dating. But, you can't let those stop you from at least trying. If we never tried in life, we wouldn't ever get anything at all, so we always should try.

Motivation and the Power of Not Giving Up

That is a good site to read, which talks about the motivation I have been discussing, and gives you some tips on battling it, and getting better with motivating yourself.

Another issue you probably have is a lack of self confidence. Sometimes, it's easier to just loaze around in the house, and not get out too much, because you either don't think you have anything to contribute, think what you can contribute isn't worth anything or are so jumbled with your thoughts, you have no idea what to think. Confidence is something else which takes time to build, and to learn. It's not possible to just 'get confident' overnight, but with some practice, you can help yourself worry less about it.

Improving Teen Self Confidence: Building Self-Esteem in Teenagers | Suite101.com

This site, geared towards teens, has got some good tips on helping you appear and feel more confident, so give it a read sometime when you have some time. It's handy to know some things, and it may help you.

Above all, normally, the people who get the dates are all either a little more confident, are good at something, and just have no fear of rejection. You must know someone like that in your life, the girl that always seems to have a hot date, and walks around like she's owning the place. It's all just confidence. And she will have been rejected lots of times in her life, the difference is, she doesn't take it personally, she just moves on.

Try and find a hobby you're good at, or develop one you're already doing. Learn that we all have a voice, and it's ok to talk and get things wrong sometimes. Never be scared of speaking, or of being who you are, be proud of who you are. And above all else, remember that someone out there will adore everything about you. You just haven't met them yet!
      [SIZE=2]Aaron - [/SIZE][SIZE=2]Support Leader[/SIZE] :kiss:
      [LEFT]
      [RIGHT]-

Saradactyl;2086538 wrote:

Haha, Aaron. I wuv youuuu.
      [/RIGHT]
      [/LEFT]